Cricut Explore newbie

Mom2Kaylee

DCL, DVC, & WDW Addict
Hello! Just received this for Christmas and all I want to do is figure out how to get the cruise line logo on vinyl. Can someone please help me out? Thanks!

Don't know if you still need this or not but if you google the image you want then save it to your computer. When you are logged in to the cricut design space, click insert image. Follow the prompts and upload your image to design space. You can then change the size, layout, etc.

I also got an explore Christmas and love it when I get a chance to use it. My high schooler has taken it over making decals for everyone he hangs out with. He says that is his new part time job :)

You'll also want to "flatten" the image so it could do the print/cut option (if you aren't printing an entire sheet) and you'd want to make sure you use printable vinyl. Cricut brand is what I've been using and it seems a lot of people use that brand.

I have a Silhouette Cameo and bought the Explore right before Christmas for the sole purpose of being abel to have the Disney images

I just got a cricut also and am looking for the logo. Do you need to save it some special way ? I know there's different types of files,I really don't know what I'm doing. TIA:)

I just got a cricut also and am looking for the logo. Do you need to save it some special way ? I know there's different types of files,I really don't know what I'm doing. TIA:)

If you want to use printable vinyl then you could just save as a jpg from an image you find online and import it that way. A jpg will not allow layers though. It is all one file. You flatten first, print on printable vinyl then run through the explore to cut.

If you want to layer the vinyl you don't do the print/cut feature on cricut. You will just cut each part of the logo in the color vinyl it's supposed to be then you layer the vinyl on top of each other. In order to do this, you need the logo in a SVG file. You might be able to find one online that is already in SVG. If you can't find online there is a way to convert a jpg to svg, you could use a free program called inkscape. But it's not just a quick and easy click of a button and it changes it from jpg to svg. You have to do a lot of tweaking on the program. I don't have the patience for it. I will usually just use printable vinyl over trying to convert to SVG.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter