Cricut won't cut through cardstock?

bigbabyblues

DIS Veteran
I was trying cut a title out on my cricut tonight for my Toy Story Mania LO, and it cut partway through but not all the way. I tried to finish it with a craft knife, but it looks like my kindergartner cut it out with scissors.

The cardstock is really, really thick, but I had the pressure dial on 5. Is there anything else I can do? I don't have any thinner cardstock in the same (or even close) color, and the nearest place to get any is an hour away. I thought it might be the blade, but I cut another part of the title on a different cardstock and it did fine with the pressure on 2.

:confused3

Steph

Which bug do you have. If you have an expression you can multicut it 2 or 3 times (depending on how many you think it will take to get through). If you have the little bug and want to multicut you have to be more careful. You can do it but you need to be very careful about positioning the paper and returning it to the original position and recutting.

Rebecca

Do you have a deep-cut blade? I had that issue with a really thick glitter paper, and nothing worked for me, but I couldn't multicut since I was using SCAL.... try the multicut - if you hit "load paper" instead of "unload paper" it takes you right back to the starting point again..... (you probably knew that though..... I just found this out recently.)

I didn't know I could multicut.....I almost tried it, but I was afraid it wouldn't line up exactly. I'll try it again, thanks! I have the little one....the blade it came with. I don't think it's a deep cut blade.

Thanks all!

Try hitting "load paper" after it finishes cutting the first time and then cut again, if the baby bug doesn't have a "multicut key".

I would definitely up the pressure and speed too, as well as setting the blade depth at 4.

The babybug doesn't have a multi cut feature. You will have to do the cut, then press load paper to recut as Linda Babe suggested. Check your actual blade as well and see what that number is set to. I almost always have mine on 6.

I didn't know the actual blade had a setting too, thanks for that! DH bought me a new blade yesterday, but I haven't been home to put it on.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter