Critique First Timer's Plan Pls + FP Question

Corbie

Mouseketeer
Critique Orlando Trip & Fast Pass Help

We're making our first visit to DW in October. DH grew up in Coco, but the last time he was there was in the 70s. I grew up out west and have been to DL (but also not since the 70s). DD (all grown up now) has never been to either.

We're taking advantage of DH's FF miles and hotel points to stay off-site for the first 6 days and onsite for the last 3 (not counting ARR and DEP dates). Daughter is a horticulturist, so definitely seeing one of the botanical gardens in area. Cannot convince DH we should have more days at DW. We didn't know we had to pay for the Halloween Party (or we wouldn't have purchased tickets) so will not be attending. our MK visit is timed for a day when party is not happening. Ditto for Universal. We plan to rope drop all the parks except HS.

We plan to visit MK on an off-site day to help us decide whether we like staying off-site or on-site for future visits.

Here's our schedule:

10/19 - ARR
10/20 - Sea World or Space Center (haven't decided which day for which yet)
10/21 - Sea World or Space Center
10/22 - Free Day
10/23 - Universal & IOA
10/24 - Singing Tower + Free
10/25 - MK (L: Liberty Tavern/D: Whispering Canyon)
10/26 - Discovery Cove
10/27 - Epcot (B: Kona/L: Rose & Crown)
10/28 - AK (L: Yak & Yeti/D: Boma)
10/29 - HS and park hop (B: 1900 Park Fare/L: 50s Prime time/D: Homecoming)
10/30 - DEP

DH & DD are chickens. I might be able to convince them to ride a few of the MK coasters (suggestions welcome; Splash Mountain will be closed). I'm also a chicken but really want to ride EE at AK. Should I?

Q: Lastly, can I make 60-Day FP for the 25th if staying offsite? I was told when I purchased the tickets that we could, but the FAQ seems to say differently.

Thanks!

Yes on EE and you should catch the new FoP in Pandora while you're there.

30-day on the offsite FP+

That's a lot of sit down dining for the time in parks, but that might be the way we look at things, For coasters, Big Thunder and Seven Dwarfs' Mine train are relatively mild. There are no large hills, but the quick turns makes them feel faster. You will often see young kids on these. My son dis Big Thunder when he was three. That was as much as he could handle at that age.

There is a tour, Behind the Seeds, that looks at experiments that Disney does with other groups in developing farming techniques that improve farming techniques. It's in Living With the Land in Epcot.

not enough Epcot / Magic Kingdom time for my taste.

Agree that that's a lot of table service meals and I second the Behind the Seeds tour.

Last edited:

Thanks, everyone. There are EMH in Epcot the day we plan to go there. We're only interested in one or two things at HS and plan to go over to Epcot after. (Also plan to take daughter on Behind the Seeds.) Cannot convince DH to do two days at MK. As far as he's concerned, he's only really interested in Pirates and Haunted Mansion. Dare I say it? None of us are "Disney" people. I think we'll want to do more once we're there, but cannot get the other two to so much as read up on/do some research. I booked reservations with the idea that as time gets closer we will cancel a few of them. I'd rather have them than not. We'll probably go to the lounge(?) at HBD instead of 50s, for instance. DH wanted to eat at the Liberty and Rose & Crown. I feel like we should do a character meal, and we could all agree on "book" characters. We all want to try Kona for breakfast and Boma to get an idea of the food at AK. We don't leave until later on the 30th (which is when I wanted to do 1900) but DH doesn't want to feel "rushed."

The one most likely to be cancelled are Liberty, Rose & Crown, Yak & Yeti and 50s Prime Time.

I could maybe book some of those restaurants for our off-site time, but need to run that by the other two first.

We had planned to visit this past April and take advantage of the flower & garden show, but DH had a heart attack. It might be a good thing if we plan for sit down time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter