Critique my ADRs, Please :-) balancing kid and adult favs!

dawnmommy

Mouseketeer
we're visiting WDW for the first time December 4th - 11th:cool1:

We're staying at the Grand Floridian with our two kiddos, they'll be 3 and 6. They are used to dining out. I'm trying to balance meals primarily that they want (characters they want to meet) with a few grown up meals (Jiko, mainly - and we plan to take the kids there).

we are on the DDP. I know that Signatures aren't not necessarily the best "value", but we are huge fans of South African wine, so can't wait to try Jiko!!!

Arrival Day: counter service for lunch and dinner (we'll be up since 3am)
Day 2 (MK) - Dinner at Kona
Day 3 (Epcot) - late breakfast at 1900 Park Fair, Akershus Princess Dinner
Day 4 (AK) - Dinner on the monorail - GF Cafe, Wave or Ohana???
Day 5 - (DHS) - Dinner at Jiko
Day 6 (open - kids choose park) - counter service only this day
Day 7 (MK) - Dinner at Chef Mickeys or Ohana

You can see I have some open questions, so I'd appreciate advice. I don't want too many buffets, as I think they are a hassle, but I know my son would like to meet Mickey.

I like it. Except day 3, that a lot of princesses at once.

Also last day Chef Mickey's. won't be the best meal of the trip, but the kids will love it.

Day 3 I would go with Ohana. Good food and lots of fun for the kids - coconut races, hula hoops etc. They call the kids out to the middle of the restaurant and do some fun things with them.

I hit Kona everytime I'm at WDW...you will LOVE it. My only suggestion, since you still have some time, is to try your best to get an ADR for Le Cellier in EPCOT. It is, by far, my favorite restaurant down there and it's only 1 credit on the DDP.

Also...if you're looking for quick service, you cannot beat Wolfgang Puck Express in Downtown Disney. It's better than 75% of the table service restaurants down there. Enjoy your trip!

One more thing. Ohana is a great place but I would only eat there once unless you absolutely love it. There are just SO many great places to eat in WDW. I like checking the reviews on allears. net

Thanks everyone! this is great feedback. I noticed that I listed 2 "Day 3s" lol, so I updated that. Theguda - we would definitely do Ohana a max of only 1 time - if we don't do it on our 4th day, then maybe on our 7th day.

my only hesitations with both Chef Mickeys and Ohana is that I've heard they are really loud, and that sometimes bothers my youngest child.

I *am* really interested in LeCellier, I just haven't figured out how to make it work without Park Hoppers. I could reserve it for our "open" day, in case my kids pick Epcot on their free day, I'd be able to cancel about 8-10 hours in advance. hmmmm.

so many choices!

Arrival Day: counter service for lunch and dinner (we'll be up since 3am)

Day 2 (MK) - Dinner at Kona

Day 3 (Epcot) - late breakfast at 1900 Park Fair, Akershus Princess Dinner - someone had mentioned to many princesses but when we did 1900 park fare we didnt have any princesses at the breakfast

Day 4 (AK) - Dinner on the monorail - GF Cafe, Wave or Ohana???
i think ohanas but wave is supposed to be really good and GFC has a great menu.
Day 5 - (DHS) - Dinner at Jiko
Day 6 (open - kids choose park) - counter service only this day
Day 7 (MK) - Dinner at Chef Mickeys or Ohana - chef mickeys is fun

Day 3 (Epcot) - late breakfast at 1900 Park Fair, Akershus Princess Dinner

On our last trip we stayed at the GF and we did those two restaurants in reverse and had a great time.

By getting a 8:00 am ADR for Akershus we were done at rope drop, did Epcot all morning, headed back to GF for a swim and rest then dinner at 1900 PF. Ending the night making S'mores on the beach!!!

Princesses in the morning, swimming in the afternoon, dancing with prince charming in the evening, making S'mores at night, doesn't get better than that!!!!!!!

I think your plan is great, we try have balance between character meals for the kids and a couple of dinners for us(we love Boma).

1.Love Kona, if you like tuna their tuna oscar is fantastic!
2.If you go to Chef Mickey's only go for the characters, the food was the worst we had on any trip.
3.I second the pp's suggestion for Wolfgang Puck Express, lots of great choices for everyone.

Arrival Day: counter service for lunch and dinner-----Good idea!
Day 2 (MK) - Dinner at Kona----even better idea!
Day 3 (Epcot) - late breakfast at 1900 Park Fair, Akershus Princess Dinner----I would be on character overload here--two in one day? LOL But hey, you're doing this for the kids, right?
Day 4 (AK) - Dinner on the monorail - GF Cafe, Wave or Ohana???----The Wave, The Wave!!
Day 5 - (DHS) - Dinner at Jiko----can I come, too???
Day 6 (open - kids choose park) - counter service only this day----great idea letting the kids take the lead on this one--I see too many families dragging their kids from event to event without even enjoying what they are doing
Day 7 (MK) - Dinner at Chef Mickeys or Ohana----We have not had great experiences lately at CM's, but 'Ohana has been terrific

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter