Critique my purchase plan ... for a 2nd DVC contract! (UPDATE post #35)

I told DH I had made the offer online and he was all, "wait so if they accept it we have to buy it?"
"Um, yeah, that's generally what an offer is.
(I am a lawyer. We have been married 20+ years. We have bought and sold plenty of real estate together over the years. I don't know how he could have misunderstood basic contracts concepts for so long. Then again, this may be why he is not a lawyer.) :rotfl2:
Yep - Offer, acceptance, consideration... Contracts 101. There would have been money involved too. Lol!

I am really curious about the Riviera myself, but only because it will have the longer contract duration. The gondola system honestly could be a deterrent for us. Either way if we did like the Riviera enough to buy, we would likely wait until they are on the resale market. So that will be a few years out anyway.

We followed with a discussion this morning about the possible pros and cons of various resorts, and we both were mulling over what would make the Riviera more compelling than BWV and BCV. It may be a lack of imagination on our part, but I can't think of anything. We *like* walking, and we've done the walk from the Boardwalk to DHS and EP. DH also wondered "what if Riviera is awesome", and I said if it is, we could always sell or rent BWV and buy there. I agree, I would consider the 2bath issue more strongly if we didn't already own BLT. I am still wondering what would make Riviera "awesome" though.

Bummer on the loaded contract... stripped contracts seem to be the new norm these days... Despite the shorter contract life, we decided to go with BCV/BWV instead of waiting for Riviera because we LOVE the short walk to two parks (and the Boardwalk area). I know gondalas are efficient (I snowboard every other weekend in the winter!), but there's nothing like enjoying the Boardwalk post-Illuminations instead of waiting for transportation :-)

After seeing the CCV rooms and new quiet pool, I think Riviera will be really nice. Plus since they're starting from scratch the rooms won't be as small as CCV, and may have two bathrooms.

Bummer on the loaded contract... stripped contracts seem to be the new norm these days... Despite the shorter contract life, we decided to go with BCV/BWV instead of waiting for Riviera because we LOVE the short walk to two parks (and the Boardwalk area). I know gondalas are efficient (I snowboard every other weekend in the winter!), but there's nothing like enjoying the Boardwalk post-Illuminations instead of waiting for transportation :-)

After seeing the CCV rooms and new quiet pool, I think Riviera will be really nice. Plus since they're starting from scratch the rooms won't be as small as CCV, and may have two bathrooms.

Disney has to realize what a lame location they have with Riviera. I also am not excited about it at all. There is something almost suspicious about the lack of information about it, though. Almost like they want CCV to almost sell out before they announce that there will be an awesome water park, along with a go-cart track and private petting zoo or something like that that makes it too hard to pass up, despite its less than stellar location and transportation options. They are selling SSR for $145 a point, partially due to its poor location compared to other resorts, and I do not see them wanting to sell a new resort similarly low of a price.

Disney has to realize what a lame location they have with Riviera. I also am not excited about it at all. There is something almost suspicious about the lack of information about it, though. Almost like they want CCV to almost sell out before they announce that there will be an awesome water park, along with a go-cart track and private petting zoo or something like that that makes it too hard to pass up, despite its less than stellar location and transportation options. They are selling SSR for $145 a point, partially due to its poor location compared to other resorts, and I do not see them wanting to sell a new resort similarly low of a price.

This had me laughing out loud. Maybe new direct owners of at least 200 points will get anytime, anything FP for 1 attraction each in DHS and EP for each stay.

I wouldn't read too much into the lack of information on Riviera. That is they way it is done with all the resorts. There may even be some legal requirement by the state of FL to reach a certain construction point before much can be said but anyway it's no different than they've done before. BLT - EVERYONE knew it was DVC but they wouldn't even confirm that until they were able to sell.

I was on the same path that you are on, except I started with BCV and then added on points at BLT. Our plan is 1 week a year in a 1 bedroom. We'll alternate home resorts. I don't think that you can go wrong. BCV and BWV are both awesome resorts. I think that if I were to do it again, I might go with BWV to have access to standard rooms. But, we love BCV because of Stormalong Bay and the quick service restaurant. I think that I would just keep putting in offers every time you see one with the right use year and number of points. Since you don't need a fully loaded contract that makes it a little easier.

I would stick with same use year for planning purposes. Only one contract number to manage etc.

Your situation is interesting since you say you may dump a contract once you get older but love BCV and BW. I personally love that whole area myself and stay there every chance I get (family loves split stays) but I would have to think long and hard about buying at either of those two resorts if I didn't plan to run the contracts out until 2042. I think selling these contracts in 10-15 years would be difficult with so little time left on term.

The inverse to this argument is value today. Prices have been jumping up over the past 6-8 months and I believe they will continue to climb once Riviera goes on sale. Poly and CC sell for $176 pp new at the moment so I can't see Riviera selling for less than this amount. In fact, I expect the price to be around the $185 pp mark once the resort goes on sale, following the escalations Poly had seen over it's sales run. That makes current prices for BCV and BBW rather attractive and I would argue that aside from the longer contract term, Riviera is ultimately the inferior resort from a location perspective.

Final thought - are you sure you are not just suffering from point addonitis as your signature suggests? I purchased two contacts this past summer - one new at Poly for 100 points and one resale at AK for 160 points. Both came fully loaded so I have 520 points to play with in 2018 and used 130 additional holding points to book New Years this year at WDW as well. With the New Years trip, I have now also booked trips for March and May at WDW and plan to book Disneyland for August as well (all 2018). Each trip is around 7-8 days (split stays) and I had zero issues booking 1 bdrm units at both BCV and BW during all three trips. We are staying at BC from Jan 1-4th, at BW from March 17-20 and at BCV again from May 18 to 21st. My point is, outside of needing the cheapest studio rooms during Food & Wine, booking at BC and BW doesn't seem too difficult. As you already own at BLT and have relatively easy access to Epcot via the monorail from that resort, why not just continue to add on points there? You get longer term, get a contract that will continue to escalate in value should you decide to re-sell in a few years time and still get the amount of points you need to book BCV or BW whenever you feel like it.

Good luck in whichever direction you decide to go in.

I would stick with same use year for planning purposes. Only one contract number to manage etc.

Your situation is interesting since you say you may dump a contract once you get older but love BCV and BW. I personally love that whole area myself and stay there every chance I get (family loves split stays) but I would have to think long and hard about buying at either of those two resorts if I didn't plan to run the contracts out until 2042. I think selling these contracts in 10-15 years would be difficult with so little time left on term.

The inverse to this argument is value today. Prices have been jumping up over the past 6-8 months and I believe they will continue to climb once Riviera goes on sale. Poly and CC sell for $176 pp new at the moment so I can't see Riviera selling for less than this amount. In fact, I expect the price to be around the $185 pp mark once the resort goes on sale, following the escalations Poly had seen over it's sales run. That makes current prices for BCV and BBW rather attractive and I would argue that aside from the longer contract term, Riviera is ultimately the inferior resort from a location perspective.

Final thought - are you sure you are not just suffering from point addonitis as your signature suggests? I purchased two contacts this past summer - one new at Poly for 100 points and one resale at AK for 160 points. Both came fully loaded so I have 520 points to play with in 2018 and used 130 additional holding points to book New Years this year at WDW as well. With the New Years trip, I have now also booked trips for March and May at WDW and plan to book Disneyland for August as well (all 2018). Each trip is around 7-8 days (split stays) and I had zero issues booking 1 bdrm units at both BCV and BW during all three trips. We are staying at BC from Jan 1-4th, at BW from March 17-20 and at BCV again from May 18 to 21st. My point is, outside of needing the cheapest studio rooms during Food & Wine, booking at BC and BW doesn't seem too difficult. As you already own at BLT and have relatively easy access to Epcot via the monorail from that resort, why not just continue to add on points there? You get longer term, get a contract that will continue to escalate in value should you decide to re-sell in a few years time and still get the amount of points you need to book BCV or BW whenever you feel like it.

Good luck in whichever direction you decide to go in.

Thanks for your detailed and thoughtful points! Here's where I am going ...
Re UY and end date - I am back to leaning toward a separate UY so that I have the potential to transfer points between contracts if I want/need to. Also, right now our "non bankable times" are Oct-Nov-Dec-Jan. Which ordinarily wouldn't be much to consider since if we had to cancel a trip booked during that time, we'd probably just rent out the dedicated reservation. But now that we are on the verge of planning a Thanksgiving 2018 trip (which also happens to be YDD's birthday), I am thinking that we may want to go over Thanksgiving and/or Christmas relatively often, in which case, we'd probably want a different UY from February. All along, our plan was to use the 2 contracts separately, probably in alternating years, so yes it would be sort of a pain to have to manage separately, but the trade off would be a UY also better suited for fall/Christmas trips. The other time we are likely to travel is late August/early September for lower crowds, cheaper, and covers 2 birthdays. So an August UY would cover both and give us the most flexibility in case of cancel. As for my remark about possibly shedding a contract in 10-15 years - in 10 years my kids will be 16 and 12. It is entirely possible that we may not need to use so many points, if their school schedules get more rigorous. OTOH, we may find that we would like to travel in 2BR more, in which case we would probably use all or most of the points. I'm not terribly worried about the 2042 end date - either we'd keep the contract and DH and I would take some adults only trips in our sunset years (F&W, most likely), or if we sold we wouldn't expect to get much, or (more likely, if we didn't find a way to use the points) we'd rent them. My parents bought various timeshares (never DVC, unfortunately!) when I was younger and we really didn't use them once my sister and I were out of college. Often it was hard to coordinate schedules with everyone's vacation time because we were all working. We are older parents, so DH and I will be retired in about 15-20 years, which is also around when both kids will be out of college. Which happens to get pretty close to the 2042 end date, so I expect a lot will be changing in the 15-25 years out time frame anyway.

Current prices for BWV/BCV and the Riviera effect: I see the demand for EP/HS area resorts (esp those in walking distance) will go up once the new lands in DHS open, once Riviera opens, and I thought WDW announced plans to revamp EP after DHS? If anything, that area will only get more desirable, so prices should remain stable or potentially go up. Since I love the area as it is now (and EP is actually mine and DH's favorite park), and love both resorts, buying a 2nd contract at BWV/BCV would essentially be a hedge against such price increases (and possibly increased demand). We may be in a lull right now because the new lands aren't imminently opening yet, but if Pandora type crowds are any indication, I expect it will be REALLY hard to get openings at 7mo at certain times of the year after DHS is fully open. Of course, the economy could tank, there could be all sorts of political things happening that make people not go to WDW ... who knows. But that's not a case for waiting, because the economy might never tank, etc etc. Unless something really really REALLY bad happens, DH and I have good job security and intend to keep taking vacations.

Addonitis: you definitely have a point there! We are a case of - we bought intending to stay in studios (because we'd previously stayed in deluxe hotel rooms), but since the contract(s) we initially bought were semi-loaded (or at least not stripped), and I got enough points to have the cushion everyone talks about so you're not stuck if you can't get a standard studio, we had more than enough BLT to stay in TPV studios over Christmas week, but not enough to stay in a std 1BR for that time. Frankly, if we had ended up with 40 more points at BLT total, we probably wouldn't be contemplating a 2nd contract, but DH was a little gun shy about overcommitting to DVC. So erred on the side of staying in smaller rooms, etc. THEN - a couple of things changed - 1) I admittedly hadn't done my research about the size of BLT studios and had fallen in love with BLT on the basis of a 2br LV that had great lake and partial fireworks views - 2) DH and I each have 1 parent who is terminally ill, with the other healthy, vital parent being the full time caregiver. Each of the ill parents has taken some serious steps down in the last 8-9 months, and so we are thinking forward to a time in the not-too-distant future when we may be taking WDW trips with our kids and one grandparent, in which case a 2BR will be necessary. If so, then we are definitely going to need all the points in a second, good size contract, and sooner rather than later. And - since each of our ill parents seems like they may not have more than 1-2 years left (and possibly less than that), we would likely be spending a lot more time with the surviving (grand)parents in the near future. So most likely future Disney trips would not be just DH, me and 2 kids.

You do make a good point for adding on more BLT points, and we certainly wouldn't rule it out, but I feel like with the timing and upcoming developments to the EP/HS area (and EP being our favorite park) it seems like that area may be the better place to add a 2nd home resort now.

Finally - in thinking about all this - I may have talked myself into BWV edging out BCV for now. BECAUSE - someone upthread said "BWV for the colder months, and BCV in the summer for SAB" - our likely summer travel is usually late, and 7mo availability in 1BR at BCV seems pretty easy. While winter holidays at either resort you'd probably need home resort advantage. So then it comes down to, would I prefer to use cheaper BWV points to book at BCV in the summer, or more expensive BCV points to book a p/g view at BWV in the summer?

Let's face it, you can't go wrong with either, but Boardwalk is substantially cheaper and is the better value. You can walk to both resorts a little easier than from BCV. And if you are going in the winter the pool will be less important..although I think we will still have a difficult time keeping our girls out of the water if it is at all warm in December.

Again, having said all we are buying at BCV. We just liked it better and feel home there. With two little girls we like the calmness, but with just a short walk you can be at the boardwalk enjoying those restaurants and entertainment.

So - for anyone who's been following the saga, DH has ok'd a 2nd contract for an EP resort! So here's the skinny:

Our "plan" is for annual visits to WDW for about a week, and we'd bank points and alternate home resort advantage for a larger unit (1-2 br) each time.

Times we will likely visit, in order of likelihood as of right now:
LATE summer (end of August/Labor Day - ODD and I have birthdays a week apart)
Thanksgiving or Christmas (YDD birthday is Thanksgiving)
Easter week (weather is stinky at home and for skiing)
President's week
DH birthday (around July 4)

We currently have 185pts Feb UY at BLT (25 pts direct), so I'm thinking an August or September UY, about 200 points, at either BWV or BCV would work? Using that contract every other year would get us Sunday - Sat in a 2BR, or longer (or more trips) in a 1BR. As for $/point, back when I was looking in the spring, I would have thought $100pp for BCV and under $100pp for BWV, whichever came first, would be good. But what are people's thoughts now? We have some time to wait since we have enough points for 2 2018 trips already, so the earliest we'd use the new contract would be for a 2019 trip.

Is there anything else I'm missing? Thanks!
I've read over the thread but will respond to the first post. Either way I'd likely get the same UY UNLESS one has a specific plan for travel that makes significantly different UY or separate contracts a major plus. Even if it's more difficult to find and/or a little more expensive. For others reading, one option before you did the retail add on would have been to wait and look at the new resort to possibly cover both considerations. One point would be that I get the sense you're cutting it too close on the number of points. If I'm reading correctly you'd be buying just enough to get 6 nights with only one weekend night, if that's correct, I feel that's too slim in general unless it's premier season one is comparing to. You run the risk of 2 or 3 reallocation options; weekend vs weekday, from one season to another and if adventure's in the mix, moving from Adventure season to a higher season or even complete removal of adventure. That's esp true for BWV looking at standard view, significantly less so for BWV looking at other views because you have the flexibility of the standard view at times to stretch the points. However, these issues would be FAR more important for a new buyer though if you do a separate Master contract, I'd treat it the same.

Let's face it, you can't go wrong with either, but Boardwalk is substantially cheaper and is the better value. You can walk to both resorts a little easier than from BCV. And if you are going in the winter the pool will be less important..although I think we will still have a difficult time keeping our girls out of the water if it is at all warm in December.

Again, having said all we are buying at BCV. We just liked it better and feel home there. With two little girls we like the calmness, but with just a short walk you can be at the boardwalk enjoying those restaurants and entertainment.

I think I'm leaning that way, and should be able to convince DH of the same. Our likely vacation times are school holidays and then late summer. If we go during Thanksgiving or Xmas, when we are going to be at our home resort, I think SAB will matter less. But we also often go late summer (I know! Hot!) and then SAB will matter more. But it's likely with flexible dates and all, we should probably be able to get in a 1BR then.

I've read over the thread but will respond to the first post. Either way I'd likely get the same UY UNLESS one has a specific plan for travel that makes significantly different UY or separate contracts a major plus. Even if it's more difficult to find and/or a little more expensive. For others reading, one option before you did the retail add on would have been to wait and look at the new resort to possibly cover both considerations. One point would be that I get the sense you're cutting it too close on the number of points. If I'm reading correctly you'd be buying just enough to get 6 nights with only one weekend night, if that's correct, I feel that's too slim in general unless it's premier season one is comparing to. You run the risk of 2 or 3 reallocation options; weekend vs weekday, from one season to another and if adventure's in the mix, moving from Adventure season to a higher season or even complete removal of adventure. That's esp true for BWV looking at standard view, significantly less so for BWV looking at other views because you have the flexibility of the standard view at times to stretch the points. However, these issues would be FAR more important for a new buyer though if you do a separate Master contract, I'd treat it the same.

Generally, I agree on the UY. I'm not against getting a Feb UY, and we are using Feb UY points to book a Thanksgiving trip, so I am familiar with the concept that there's some risk in booking outside one's banking window. Our plan is to use the contracts with banked points for alternating years, for example, using the Feb UY (370 pts or more) to go in odd-numbered years over Easter or Presidents' Week, and the August UY (300-400 pts) to go in even numbered years in late summer/Thanksgiving/Xmas. And we have August/September as well as Feb/Mar covered with both UYs, which are likely frequent travel times for us as well. Because we wouldn't be using each contract each year, the # of points should be enough. (And, yes, we can always do studios - the 11 mo booking advantage will help if we decide we also want to add an "extra" trip in - for those we can certainly do a studio for a shorter "extra" trip.)

"For others reading, one option before you did the retail add on would have been to wait and look at the new resort to possibly cover both considerations." We did consider that, but 150 to 200 pts x $165 was beyond what DH felt comfortable with at the time, especially at a time when the same points were selling for $90 or less resale.

I think I'm leaning that way, and should be able to convince DH of the same. Our likely vacation times are school holidays and then late summer. If we go during Thanksgiving or Xmas, when we are going to be at our home resort, I think SAB will matter less. But we also often go late summer (I know! Hot!) and then SAB will matter more. But it's likely with flexible dates and all, we should probably be able to get in a 1BR then.

Generally, I agree on the UY. I'm not against getting a Feb UY, and we are using Feb UY points to book a Thanksgiving trip, so I am familiar with the concept that there's some risk in booking outside one's banking window. Our plan is to use the contracts with banked points for alternating years, for example, using the Feb UY (370 pts or more) to go in odd-numbered years over Easter or Presidents' Week, and the August UY (300-400 pts) to go in even numbered years in late summer/Thanksgiving/Xmas. And we have August/September as well as Feb/Mar covered with both UYs, which are likely frequent travel times for us as well. Because we wouldn't be using each contract each year, the # of points should be enough. (And, yes, we can always do studios - the 11 mo booking advantage will help if we decide we also want to add an "extra" trip in - for those we can certainly do a studio for a shorter "extra" trip.)

"For others reading, one option before you did the retail add on would have been to wait and look at the new resort to possibly cover both considerations." We did consider that, but 150 to 200 pts x $165 was beyond what DH felt comfortable with at the time, especially at a time when the same points were selling for $90 or less resale.
As I stated, IMO it's only reasonable to get a second UY for most situations if one has a specific plan to do so. It sounds like you're first contract might not have been a good fit if you have a Feb UY and plan to book primarily in the fall. I'd point out that the difference between the new resort and BCV/BWV isn't going to be that much, esp when you consider you "needed" a retail purchase anyway. The ultimate cost for the new resort at 150 points would likely have been in the range of $7500 but for a later RTU expiration. IMO that's likely cheaper long term than BCV and not far off what BWV would be. What's best depends on other variables.

As I stated, IMO it's only reasonable to get a second UY for most situations if one has a specific plan to do so. It sounds like you're first contract might not have been a good fit if you have a Feb UY and plan to book primarily in the fall. I'd point out that the difference between the new resort and BCV/BWV isn't going to be that much, esp when you consider you "needed" a retail purchase anyway. The ultimate cost for the new resort at 150 points would likely have been in the range of $7500 but for a later RTU expiration. IMO that's likely cheaper long term than BCV and not far off what BWV would be. What's best depends on other variables.

I think you missed some of my wordy points (easy to do) - We got BLT Feb UY because we plan(ned) to use primarily for Easter and late summer (Aug/Sept), and chose BLT not only because of cost because we have 2 young kids so a) walking to parks is key; b) we'd like to avoid buses because of the folding strollers issue; c) we actually like being at BLT/Contemporary and in the MK area. Point costs are high in Easter, so we are doing President's week 2018 instead, for less points and because our other go to for that time of year (skiing) isn't an option for 2018. We don't go "primarily" for fall holidays (if you look at my sig, with the exception of one hotel stay 15 years ago, our recent stays have been March, April, May, June and August), but rather would use the contracts differently and use an Aug UY primarily for the fall holidays, with August being booked easily with either BLT or BWV/BCV points.

Second UY would be to cover late summer + winter holidays, envisioning using APs to cover 2 calendar years - for example, Thanksgiving (DD2 birthday, BCV/BWV Aug) and then late Aug/early Sept the following year (DD1 birthday, BLT, Feb).

That said, I would also consider a Feb UY contract for ease of management, knowing that any time I booked a fall or winter trip, I'd be taking a risk with cancellations, but trade off for the ease of managing all from 1 account.

And not wanting to wait for Riviera because a) can't walk to any parks for that; b) we like the Boardwalk area; c) originally bought thinking we'd alternate studios and 1BR and now DH wants to be in 1BR or larger and we may have an actual need to do this before Riviera opens.

Last edited:
I think you missed some of my wordy points (easy to do) - We got BLT Feb UY because we plan(ned) to use primarily for Easter and late summer (Aug/Sept), and chose BLT not only because of cost because we have 2 young kids so a) walking to parks is key; b) we'd like to avoid buses because of the folding strollers issue; c) we actually like being at BLT/Contemporary and in the MK area. Point costs are high in Easter, so we are doing President's week 2018 instead, for less points and because our other go to for that time of year (skiing) isn't an option for 2018. We don't go "primarily" for fall holidays (if you look at my sig, with the exception of one hotel stay 15 years ago, our recent stays have been March, April, May, June and August), but rather would use the contracts differently and use an Aug UY primarily for the fall holidays, with August being booked easily with either BLT or BWV/BCV points.

Second UY would be to cover late summer + winter holidays, envisioning using APs to cover 2 calendar years - for example, Thanksgiving (DD2 birthday, BCV/BWV Aug) and then late Aug/early Sept the following year (DD1 birthday, BLT, Feb).

That said, I would also consider a Feb UY contract for ease of management, knowing that any time I booked a fall or winter trip, I'd be taking a risk with cancellations, but trade off for the ease of managing all from 1 account.

And not wanting to wait for Riviera because a) can't walk to any parks for that; b) we like the Boardwalk area; c) originally bought thinking we'd alternate studios and 1BR and now DH wants to be in 1BR or larger and we may have an actual need to do this before Riviera opens.
Feb likely wan't the best UY. March would have been better and in this situation a single month could have made a big difference. As I said, I'd only do a different UY if I had a specific reason to do so, traveling part of the time in the fall likely isn't enough but if it's a different home resort anyway and you don't plan to combine the points at all for a given stay, it isn't that big of a deal. As for waiting for the new resort, we're talking, what, a single trip prior to it likely opening and possibly not even that since you're looking at buying then reserving, something you likely can't do for next fall anyway so it may be 2 years for the location stated. But I don't think the other resorts are a bad choice and truthfully I'm not expecting the new resort to live up to the demand of BWV/BCV. I was simply agreeing it was an option and expanding that IF one were thinking that route, rolling the retail purchase in would have been an option and likely the best one. Personally I'd likely go with BWV for your stated plan because it's a little cheaper per point AND you can do with less points.

So... the saga has taken an interesting twist.

Last night, I decided to get DH on board with BWV over BCV because the points are cheaper, etc. (points made above by many)
DH first says, "I thought you/we [ok I'm a little fuzzy on the pronoun here] decided to get Boardwalk."

[Then here I condense a lot of discussion about end dates, 7mo availability, the merits of an EP resort, why did we buy BLT in the first place, maybe we should buy more BLT points, studios v. 1br at different times of year, much consultation of points charts, more discussion of resorts, MFs, what happens in years 2040-2042, ...]

And we have an accepted offer on 200 VGF points, Aug UY. Not a typo.

Now I duck while @Dean, @Ben E N, @DduzDis and everyone else goes, "WHAT DID YOU JUST DO?"

:oops::rolleyes1:disrocks:

Last night, I decided to get DH on board with BWV over BCV because the points are cheaper, etc. (points made above by many)
DH first says, "I thought you/we [ok I'm a little fuzzy on the pronoun here] decided to get Boardwalk."

[Then here I condense a lot of discussion about end dates, 7mo availability, the merits of an EP resort, why did we buy BLT in the first place, maybe we should buy more BLT points, studios v. 1br at different times of year, much consultation of points charts, more discussion of resorts, MFs, what happens in years 2040-2042, ...]

Now I duck while @Dean, @Ben E N, @DduzDis and everyone else goes, "WHAT DID YOU JUST DO?"

Glad you went for it! Judging from your posts, you clearly prefer that place. Here's to hoping the best for you.

You only live once....... might as well go for the best resort :welcome:

What a twist at the end! I highly considered VGF as well earlier this year, but landed on Bay Lake as you might remember, I think we bought around the same time. As nice as it probably is to walk to Epcot, VGF has some good long-term value to it. The strollers won't be forever (even though it seems that way with a 2 year old) so I think you made a good choice! I'm getting some addonitis as well but since I spent my bonus on my 30 direct points, I'll have to wait a while.

I do love a good plot twist. Unless I missed something you still own BLT as well right? As I was reading I thought you were looking to sell your BLT in favor of something near EP. That is where I would have been asking the question. Lol. Congratulations on finding something you will enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter