Crowd Calendars

nemofans

DIS Veteran
Which do you trust more for crowd calendars: Undercover Tourist or Kenny the Pirate?

They have completely opposite recommendations for MK the weekend we will be there. UT says go Saturday & KTP says go Sunday.
What would you do?

Presidents weekend
We have gone twice b4 during this time with such low crowds, but it looks like it will be ridiculously crowded this time.
UT says MK moderate on Sat & horrible on Sun. KTP say MK moderate on Sat & best on Sun.
I don't subscribe to Touring Plans & can only see part of Jan now.

Presidents weekend
We have gone twice b4 during this time with such low crowds, but it looks like it will be ridiculously crowded this time.
UT says MK moderate on Sat & horrible on Sun. KTP say MK moderate on Sat & best on Sun.
I don't subscribe to Touring Plans & can only see part of Jan now.

Yes, TP agrees that it will be insanely crowded. Ouch....

I am almost tempted to reschedule our trip. I really would prefer to avoid 8-10 level crowds. I have room only ressie so we can reschedule & tix from UT. Our flights prevent me from doing it though.

@nemofans - I went President’s Day weekend this year. Maybe time has faded my memory but I honestly don’t remember it being ‘that’ bad. It was busy, but not crazy. I also went Columbus Day weekend and that was WAY worse (IMHO). Obviously both of those comments are very subjective.

But FWIW, I usually stay away from MK on Saturdays. I’d rather go on a Sunday, if given the choice.

A couple of trips back, I wrote down UT, TP & KTP crowd levels for the week we were there and all of them were hit or miss. I no longer even look at them.

I feel your pain. Eight level crowds seem way worse than they did a decade ago too. For us even using a touring plan and fastpasses it means we skip some things when just doing one day at the MK for example, as the lines just aren't worth it for some things for us. // We still enjoy the parks, though.

If Veteran's Day is any indication of short holiday weekend crowds- expect 10/10. That's what it was on Veteran's Day- which was WAY higher than predicted.

If Veteran's Day is any indication of short holiday weekend crowds- expect 10/10. That's what it was on Veteran's Day- which was WAY higher than predicted.

Yes -- We usually look at the touring plan crowd calendars. For those non party days at the MK though last week they under estimated crowds by two point in the one to 10 categories they use. Saturday (11/11), Veteran's Day and the end of Jersey week was predicted to be an 8, but was a 10. Monday (11/13), our day was predicted to be a 6 and was an 8, and Wednesday (11/15) (we had to go home on Tuesday) was predicted to be a 5 and was a 7. Those two points make a big difference in stand by lines. // And for us that meant that the touring plans that have worked so well for us in the past when predications are right on, didn't work so well. For DS and his friend, though, they still really enjoyed their day. They skipped about five attractions though as non fastpass lines were just way too long. The first two hours of the day were great -- thee practically walk on attractions, but then 7DMT - original prediction of 38 minute wait, higher prediction at time of rid of 90 minutes, and actual line was 2 hours. They did that line, but after than just did things that had FP for or that were a wait of 25 minutes ot less.

This meant skipping Peter Pan (switched their fastpass from this to Prirates which they wanted to do more), Jungle Cruise, It's a Small World, and Big Thunder Mountain (originally on the plan with reasonable lines and no fastpasses) but now showing lines that weren't worth it to them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter