Crowd levels this coming week (last week in January}?

naplesccbob

Earning My Ears
Heading to the parks Wednesday and Thursday of this coming week (Jan 29 & 30). Thoughts on what can be expected for crowd levels?

Thank You

I hadn't been to Universal for 10 years and I've never been in January. We are just back. The crowd calendar predicts low level crowds, and in the non-Harry Potter areas, that is most definitely true. All Harry Potter attractions were really pretty busy. I'm sure it's worse in the summertime, but it was definitely busy. In the afternoon, all HP attractions had about 45 minute waits. Some more, some less

It's January and in the middle of the week so I would imagine you should be good. Mardi Gras has the kick off to their event on Feb 1st and the races, but you'd be gone by then. That's when it will be high. Most people sometimes arrive a little early before events, but since a little early would be in the middle of a week and it's not during a peak month I would imagine there won't be that much of a dramatic jump in activity before Mardi Gras.

We’ve been here since Saturday. Crowds are manageable but definitely higher than I was expecting. We usually come the first week of December and this is more crowded, but not by much. With express pass though it doesn’t even really matter. And the weather has been AMAZING!

We were there on Sunday and yesterday. Sunday was noticeably busier (to be expected, on a weekend) but we found yesterday to be very quiet, especially in the morning. Aside from Hagrids (which was at a steady 90 minute wait throughout the day), the balance of both parks were super manageable. Despicable Me had a 20 minute wait at 1:30 yesterday afternoon, as did Gringotts.

Lots of tour groups from Argentina and Brazil this week. Saw them at ALL the parks......Universal, SeaWorld and Busch Gardens.

The weather was OUTSTANDING this entire week. For this time of year, we truly hit the weather lottery. Heading home to Michigan this evening is going to be a shock to the system.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!