Crowds after the 4th of July

DisKim

DIS Veteran
I was at WDW from 6/30 through 7/9. I thought the difference in the crowds after the 4th of July was amazing. The parks were pleasant up until the 4th. Actually, AK was "empty" on the 4th. We went to get a fastpass and the cm told us not to bother because they would be dead all day. We had a great time and did everything by 2 pm. After the 4th, the invasion came. The crowds were horrible, the heat became opressive and my DD couldn't understand why people kept slamming right into her without saying sorry or excuse me. I really noticed people becoming incredibly rude as the crowds grew bigger. Next time, I'll go before the 4th or at the end of August. By the way, I have to add this story. We went to Epcot of the 4th of July. It was extremely crowded. When Illuminations started, everyone kind of squeezed on top of each other. All of a sudden, I heard my DD crying hysterically next to me (not typical, she loves fireworks). I had to calm her down before she could tell me what was wrong. She says in the middle of her tears, "that lady's butt is touching me. It's so disgusting." I looked up and the woman's rear end was, in fact, right in my DD's face. Then she continued to cry uncontrollably. Of course, I couldn't help but laugh which really made her cry harder. I was so tired and frustrated that I just couldn't stop laughing. Thank goodness, her cousin made room for her and moved her. I think my DD is still mad at me for laughing. It just wasn't the comment I expected from her. She was crying so hard that I thought she was hurt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter