Crowds at WDW in November?

Winnie Pooh Fan

Mouseketeer
We are considering a trip to WDW with other members of the extended family and the only time that works is Nov13th -Nov20th.

With this being the week that proceeds Thanksgiving week does anyone know if this is considered a busy time of year because of the upcomming holiday or is it okay because it is the week before?

Any input would be appreciated!

We've been there during that time and the crowds are pretty low!
Have fun,
Michele

last year and had a great time. The crowds were not as small as our previous trip (when we went the first week of December) but they were fine. As the week went on (and got closer to the weekend before Thanksgiving week) the crowds did start to increase. The weather was great with only one rainy morning. The Chirstmas decorations went up throughtout the week and that was a nice thing to look forward too.

Have a great time!

Kapp

Welcome to the Dis Winnie:wave: I think it will be a great time to go. You will see some crowd growth on the 19th and 20th, but you can have all the big attractions taken care of by then. I think it's one of the best times to go. Weather is comfortable, and the Christmas decorations will probably be up by then:earsboy:

Thanks for the information. I was concerned about possible high levels due to Thanksgiving. I did notice that there were several events happening over the time period (End of the Food & Wine) and Day-Time Tv weekend does anyone think that will affect it??

Also, for those that have been there, our the decorations up for Christmas that early??

Also, what is the weather like and is everything still open like in the summer or are there many things closed??

Thank you all for the info.

We were there last year from the 10-17th of November and it was great. The crowds were very low and the weather was perfect. It only rained one morning, the rest of the week was sunny, without being too hot. The kids swam every day and we spent one day at Typhoon Lagoon.

The World Showcase was crowded in the evening with the F&W festival but I would honestly say that was the only time and place all week I thought was crowded.

The Christmas decorations were starting to go up in the resorts but I don't think they are out full force until just after Thanksgiving.

The parks do close early, I believe MK and MGM were 7, AK was 5. Blizzard Beach was closed for rehab, the only major ride that was closed that I remember was Big Thunder Mtn. Even with the parks closing early, the low crowds let us see and do even more than we had planned.

Can you tell I loved going in November? ;)

Thank you everyone for your input.

A couple more questions??

What are the park hours for November?

What is the weather like - still able to swim or not?

With early closings do they still do Fantasmic, Spectromagic, and Wishes???

Thank you everyone for the help.

We are going the same week that you are thinking of going. It is great.

We went last year. We hardly had to wait for the rides. As others have said the lines did increase as the week progressed. But we had already done most of what we wanted to do. There was still Wishes and Fantasmic and Spectromagic but I dont believe they were every night. Fantasmic was every night and Illuminations.

Hope it helps.

Fantasmic and Illuminations were still every night. Spectro was on the Tues and Saturday nights that we were there. I think it was at about 6 or 6:30.

Most projections seem to base this November's crowd level on prior year's attendance. However, has anyone considered the impact on November crowds from the thousands of travelers who unwillingly rescheduled their original September vacation plans due to hurricanes Frances, Ivan and Jeanne, or the thousands of displaced Floridians still staying at WDW and Orlando area resorts because their homes were damaged?

November theme park visitors can certainly expect an increase in crowds due to the International Food and Wine Festival, Eat to the Beat Concert Series, Jersey Week, Election Day, Veterans Day, and Super Soap Weekend. But is anyone also aware that November is traditionally one of Orlando’s busiest convention months.

The Orange County Convention Center attracts major events such as the National Association of Realtors Conference, International Association of Amusement Parks & Attractions, Central Florida International Auto Show and Powergen. The combined estimated attendance just from these four November conventions is 105,000.

Of course not all of these individuals will have the opportunity to visit WDW. But given the conservative probability that at least half of the 105,000 conventioneers will want to see Mickey, November attendance would still increase by nearly 53,000 visitors. You won’t find that statistic in any WDW guidebook.

I would also like to thank all of you for all of the great information... I'm arriving on the 17th and staying for a week. I've been a little concerned about crowds and whether or not decorations would be up or not.
But hey, it's WDW... a bad day at WDW is better than a great day at school. :)

:wave2: princess:

Thats the only time to go as far as I am concerned. Weather is usually 80s sometimes a bit more sometimes a bit less, the crowds are not at all bad either......have a great magical time!!::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo

Im going the same week, and cant wait. I pushed our trip back a week because of crowd concerns with the F&W festival and Soaps weekend.

Im not sure about the impact of the reschedule crowd, for instance if a plane ticket holder didnt get a refund then they had to fly by the end of October Delta Information, of course they could always drive. The convention goers shouldnt be much of a concern that week either as the largest convention in November is the auto show and that happens on Thanksgiving weekend when the crowds are already high.

As previously stated in other threads the worst day in WDW is better than the best day at work.

I can hardly wait for Nov.

We're going that week, and while I'm sure the crowds won't be summer time busy, I'm expecting a decent bump from rescheduled trips!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter