Crowds & bus lines

REEREEG

Mouseketeer
My daughter freaks out when surrounded by people in line, particularly with overstimulated/tired. We did okay last year with rides & shows by planning well & doing the PPO breakfasts & dessert parties & EMM with only a few problems. The big problem was waiting in lines for the buses at the end of the day. We want to see evening shows so can’t beat the crowds on those days. Is there any trick? Any quieter/less crowded place to wait? We’ve tried to just hang out on benches near park enterances but could tell the cast members wanted us to move towards the bus lines instead...

You could do the new minni van service for $20 one way or just stay in the park for about 30 minutes shop take some pictures do one last ride ( if the park is opend) before leaving.

one thing I have done at the MK after HEA dessert party is just walk to the back of the park sat on a bench for about 10 minutes then got up and slowly walked to the front, when in the Emporium and just looked around when I was done it was maybe 30-45 after HEA and I slowly made my way ot the All stare bus and there was not much of a wait.

is your DD still in a stroller she can stay in untill ready to load if that will help her I have seen some parent and kids get out of there stroller parent fold it all in one movement they are so fast.

Unless you leave before the evening show is over, there is no way to beat the othe guests to the bus. And, even if you do, they will quickly catch up with you.
One option would be to use the Minnie Vans, but I believe they have not expanded yet beyond the deluxe resorts.

At every park, we take our time getting out. Stay where you were to watch the show, then slowly make your way out. Even 10 minutes can make a big difference in the crowds. As you are walked no out, if you get to a pont where the crowds are building up again, just stop for a while until it clears.
I would not hang out at the park entrance just because that’s going to be a busy place with every one going by you and CMs trying to make sure guests know which way is out.

I agree with all of the previous posts. You're best bet is to go into the shops and wander around for 15-30 minutes. You'd be waiting that long at least for the buses anyway. So why not do it where you have space to walk around, go to the bathroom, take pictures, etc. Avoid the herd! :crowded:

You might try taking an Uber back. When my Dd and her friend went they found using Uber’s were cheaper than cabs and worked out well.

You might try taking an Uber back. When my Dd and her friend went they found using Uber’s were cheaper than cabs and worked out well.
the issue is that at park closing, you might still have a long wait for an Uber.
I’m not sure where Uber picks up in each park, but I think it is the same place as taxis - which is near the buses in all parks except MK.

Whatever you think you can tell the cast members want you to do, you don't have to leave the park right away. No harm in taking your time leaving, unless they outright tell you to get out, and they won't do that for a long while. Maybe stay awhile in the stores, or anywhere but right at the exit.

Thanks everyone - it sounds like we probably were picking bad places to hang out and wait so the cast members were encouraging us towards the busses - I’ll just relax more & hang out more in the park bathroom/shops/slower walking!

Thanks everyone - it sounds like we probably were picking bad places to hang out and wait so the cast members were encouraging us towards the busses - I’ll just relax more & hang out more in the park bathroom/shops/slower walking!
a bathroom stop for sure and a slow look through the gift shop and maybe a snack as you head to front of park. maybe a picture or 2

The shops on main street are opened at least an hour after park closes you can always go in there and shop look around. You do not have to buy anythng, then our for a picture and then bathroom should do you just fine.

Also even when you are on the bus, they are very crowded at park closing so she could have people crowded around her.

For shows and fireworks at mk do not go down by castle it is very busy and will take 30 mins to just walk to the back of park try staying on outside edge and then go over to tommrrow land or adventure land and wait to crowds thin out

You might be happier driving your own or a rented car to the parks. Still a crowd walking to the parking lot but no waiting once you get to your car and no crowds in the car.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!