Crowds late June?

awatt

<font color=CC66CC>My pontoon boat is like a float
I am considering going week of 6/23. How are the crowds since the kids are out of school?

Hi, We went from June 22 to 29 last year and stayed at Coronado Springs and was very surprised that there weren't more people there. We had very minimal wait times for attractions. I found that week to be the perfect week for us. Definitely go and enjoy it.

Crowds are very heavy and, despite report above, they were extremely heavy particularly in MK in 2002. It also rained heavily in 2002 (almost 8 to 10 hours a day which is not normal even for that time of year). Generally, you hit the full summer crowd by that week. Not anywhere near as bad as Easter or Christmas weeks or July 4 week, but still a lot worse than any off season as you can get very long lines (hour and more) for any popular rides.

While there in June, it did rain from like 4 to 6 pm and that is when we went swimming for the day. Kind of took our break durnig the rain, showered and went back to the parks for the evening. I guess it is a matter of opinion what is crowded and what is not. Like I said before, we were the only one on the buses at times, and we did not wait long for attractions. I, in my opinion, did not find it crowded at all. I was very surprised due to the fact that it was when schools were out. I posted a trip report when I got back, it gives a lot of info on what we did then. pm me if you have any questions.

I went in '99 and from what I remember, they were average for the summer time. If I were you, I would just utilize Fastpass. Waits for all the popular rides were normal (e.g. 60 minutes for Splash Mountain around the end of June). Have fun!

I was there in June, 2002, and although it rained every day, the one day I was in the MK, it was sunny in the morning-the only sunny morning all week. I figured that the reason MK was wall to wall people that day was because so many people woke up that morning, saw the sun for once, and said "Let's go to the MK today!" Didn't know it was always that crowded.

I'be gone the last week in June in 1998 and 2001 and did not find the crowds bad--HOWEVER we utilized EE every day which I think is KEY especially in MK. By about 11 am in MK the crowds did begin to grow quickly and that's when we would go back to our hotel for a swim--only to return to the parks later in the evening.

We will be going the first 2 week in July this year (which has me alittle nervous about the crowds myself)-however we're buying AP's so the following yr we can return for the last 2 week in June which we really enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter