CRT on Meal Plan

MyGirlLovesTink

DIS Veteran
How does it work when you are on the meal plan and you make a reservation for CRT? They ask for payment up front, but how do you get your money back when you will be paying with meal credits?

We are doing CRT on the DXDP. We booked and provided a credit card number. We have not been actually charged for it. I assume that the charge would be applied as payment when we dined, and we will simply inform them that we will use credits.

If you already have the dining plan attached to your reservation, they will not charge you. If you added the dining plan later, you get reimbursed but i’m not sure of the timing on the refund.

When I originally booked online our card wasn’t charged but when I called to change our time I was charged. I guess I should have mentioned to the CM that we were on the dining plan but I assumed she would have seen it on our reservation. It was refunded after our meal was finished and we used our dining credits.

If you already have the dining plan attached to your reservation, they will not charge you. If you added the dining plan later, you get reimbursed but i’m not sure of the timing on the refund.
Ah, that makes sense.

While we usually pay OOP for CRT unless on DxDP (not a great use of credits), if it charges you at the time of booking and you have a dining plan with table service credits linked on MDE, you should call and have them work the refund. Since it's pay in full at time of booking, the CMs sometimes have issues if there's any $ involved when you're there, so best to get it resolved by phone ahead of time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!