Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warning: I am about to make a fantastical leap here...
Does this mean that it’s probable that most/all attractions will open?
you just reminded me to check the attractions and entertainment tab on the HUB to see about operations. It's been down all this time, it's back up with updated hours now
SE still shows under refurb
MFSR abd RotR are on the schedule
but shows like FOTLK and Muppetvision 3D have operating times
The person on the zoom meeting did mention that Ratatouille, FEA and GFT will be staffed by non cultural CM, so I guess Ratatouille will open soon, if not with the park (@rteetz would have more info on that)

you just reminded me to check the attractions and entertainment tab on the HUB to see about operations. It's been down all this time, it's back up with updated hours now
The person on the zoom meeting did mention that Ratatouille, FEA and GFT will be staffed by non cultural CM, so I guess Ratatouille will open soon, if not with the park (@rteetz would have more info on that)
Unless work has resumed it was about 10 weeks away at the time the parks closed.

You so get it... how miserable I would be (and how miserable many appear to be and make themselves) if I attached my enjoyment or happiness to how much more or less I got (in the sense of money spent, discounts, or perks) than someone else doing the same thing. Can you imagine walking around all day wondering how much the other person spent? Ugh.....

AMEN!!!

We have a boatload of DVC points tied up for our July trip with a couple nights at a Poly bungalow and 4 nights in Riviera 2BR. I could cancel, or complain about having to spend that many points with reduced experiences but we are making a choice to go and just make the best of it. My attitude and the attitude of those in my party with regard to the changes will have the greatest impact on how much we enjoy the trip. What other people spend for similar accommodations does not in any way affect my experience.

I really don't understand people. I can't enjoy my computer if someone else paid less for it. I can't enjoy a deluxe unless Disney takes something away from Value stayers. I can't enjoy something unless others are denied it. How does anyone with that kind of point of view ever enjoy anything?
They don't...because they are always focused on what they don't have instead of what they do.

Forgive my ignorance, but what does operating times mean? That they will have limited hours? Or are you just pointing out Disney DOES seem to be trying to bring back staff for the indoor shows? Are any attractions conspicuously absent?

I finally agree with the Dis team on something. Disney has overbooked and is actively trying to get guests to cancel. That’s the consequences of allowing people to book when they didn’t believe they’d be open. I think they thought when they did open, they’d be able to allow more capacity.

That was probably the only thing I could get behind in the broadcast. I had to turn it off for a while when Pete mentioned that in April he thought WDW would be back to normal by now and up until the announcement last week they were still planning to open on June 1.

You so get it... how miserable I would be (and how miserable many appear to be and make themselves) if I attached my enjoyment or happiness to how much more or less I got (in the sense of money spent, discounts, or perks) than someone else doing the same thing. Can you imagine walking around all day wondering how much the other person spent? Ugh.....
The flip side is feeling happy that you can have most of the same experiences at WDW staying at the values but at a fraction of the cost.

Dare I ask about my beloved Splash mountain?

I believe it refers to offering to take photos of guests (and thus touching their device) so they don't have to resort to a selfie - it's been a cornerstone of the Cast Member "Courtesy" Key for decades and one of the first minor "make some magic" examples presented to new CMs during Traditions orientation. It's so ingrained in company culture that it's something specifically put out there as an example to avoid these days!
Great point hadn’t thought of that but your absolutely right! Very smart to think of that!

Just to add:
MK: CB, CoP, Tiki show closed but Philharmagic show operational
Forgive my ignorance, but what does operating times mean? That they will have limited hours? Or are you just pointing out Disney DOES seem to be trying to bring back staff for the indoor shows? Are any attractions conspicuously absent?
no, so the calendar on the HUB (internal CM site) typically shows operating hours for every show, attraction, restaurant and meet and greet, the hours were taken out when the closures happened and nothing had been posted until now, I'm assuming the reposted them this past weekend, and you guys reminded me to check again, so they are showing operating regular posted hours

Dare I ask about my beloved Splash mountain?
Splash Mountain shows that it's opening operating hours

Again, this is not to say they can't change these hours, but there was nothing in the calendar and now there is

You can see the schedule on the regular WDW site and then filter from park and also from attraction to entertainment
I honestly don't know why it didn't occur to me before.
Some meet and greets are still showing. All the ones at Epcot are up
this schedule might change but I can tell you it was not there on Friday
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/attractions/magic-kingdom/

Last edited:
For most (not all) of the Disney Springs restaurants, Open Table has a WAY better cancellation policy anyway. As an example, you can cancel Raglan Road until 3PM day of with no penalty through Open Table, but only until midnight the night before with Disney.

What Disney cancellation policy? You just modify to another day and then cancel. 😉

you can see for yourself, the attractions and entertainment schedules are up on the regular WDW site, I posted the link a few posts above yours
HoP is closed
Oh I know that, I just couldn't figure out what CoP was, thought it was a typo but figured it was Carousel of Progress...dah!

Last edited:
Just called UT and confirmed that they stopped selling WDW tickets a couple of hours ago, so If you don't have tickets now, I don't know where you might be able to get them at this point!
Good thing I bit the bullet and bought my tickets from them Saturday. Don’t know if they will count as being purchased before the stoppage but I had MNSSHP tickets attached to my account and that caused Disney to send me the “ticket” email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter