Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
you don’t know they haven’t started it. Even if they did it would be 3-5 businrsss days before you see it. we are at 1 or 2.
I do know they haven’t started it yet because they told me they would inform me about my options first.

I think the original post mentioned was mine. It was a totally benign comment. I saw it was closed on the WDW attractions list for the first day we are in parks.(8/16). I was referring to the link for this part of the website at the time. Which was the predominant topic for conversation at that moment. I didn’t realize it looked different for July. Didn’t mean to start any rumors but I gotta think that the official website is about the best source we have presently. I sourced the information from the website screenshot when I realized that there was confusion.

Thank you. You answered my question.

I didn’t see it mentioned as closed anywhere before your post so I followed the link that was subsequently posted and went to mid July (my reservation) and saw it open. Thus the confusion.

Obviously, there is a little bit of inconsistency with the way WDW is showing the hours for KS or other attractions right now, which is understandable.

Again, thanks for clarifying.

I know we all have super high expectations from Disney, but I will say with the exception of our community centre for Mini Soccer, companies I’ve dealt with have been painfully slow at best with cancellations, refunds, or credits during COVID.

In comparison, I remain impressed with how freely Disney has allowed refunds, and loosened cancellation policies. For the most part, if they’re holding someone’s money it’s because that person has chosen to wait. They are not perfect and there is still issues, but I think they’re doing good 👍

options for what? A cancelled dining plan? Those are simply cancelled. There are no options I’m aware of.
That is my opinion, too. Still Disney’s only statement on it is that they will be contacting me about my options including a refund. That is what they posted on the parks blog and repeated to me on the phone today.

Something up with Riviera DVC availability. Suddenly zero rooms available from July 13 to Aug 13. NBA or moving guests?

Interesting. We are currently booked there from July 14-18. I was looking at moving dates back a week or so as recent as this morning and there was plenty availability.

That is my opinion, too. Still Disney only statement on it is that they will be contacting me about my options including a refund. That is what they posted on the parks blog and repeated to me on the phone today.

Oh - it sounds like you are waiting for an adjusted confirmation with the dining plan taken off and the new price of your reservation - is that correct? Yes, that would frustrate me too! This waiting and not-knowing part is becoming a bit stressful!

Oh - it sounds like you are waiting for an adjusted confirmation with the dining plan taken off and the new price of your reservation - is that correct? Yes, that would frustrate me too! This waiting and not-knowing part is becoming a bit stressful!
The dinning plans were purchased for my family’s DVC stay.

Something up with Riviera DVC availability. Suddenly zero rooms available from July 13 to Aug 13. NBA or moving guests?

Availability for that time frame has been gone ever since the announcement. I was able to modify for quite some time after the announceMent and Riviera was the only DVC unavailable then.

You think if you are going to cancel experiences and dining plans for people who already paid you into the thousands for these things, it would be important to refund the money quickly to those people. Sadly, this doesn’t seem to be a priority for Disney and it is starting to anger me a little.
I paid for my entire stay with a gift card that I've repeatedly merged funds to--they won't be able to put the dining plan back onto the gift card because of the amount. My dining plan was obviously canceled and I was told it will take 6-8 weeks to get a new gift card unless they send me an egiftcard. The phone CM seemed to think they would call me when they go in and adjust my package--I highly doubt it. We lave in 71 days.

Those lists are showing shows like fotlk & Nemo. Do we really think those will be open? Were they showing no times before & have been updated?

I know we all have super high expectations from Disney, but I will say with the exception of our community centre for Mini Soccer, companies I’ve dealt with have been painfully slow at best with cancellations, refunds, or credits during COVID.

In comparison, I remain impressed with how freely Disney has allowed refunds, and loosened cancellation policies. For the most part, if they’re holding someone’s money it’s because that person has chosen to wait. They are not perfect and there is still issues, but I think they’re doing good 👍

Agreed. I was originally an April cancellation for both resort stay AND rundisney race challenge. I got my resort stay deposit refund in what I'd consider a normal timeframe. Rundisney refunds took a few weeks but they came through and in that case I was impressed they did a full refund. I was honestly expecting a gift card, voucher, or deferral to next year. Instead got a full cash refund (minus cost of virtual half medal which they mailed to me) so even though it took a few weeks to process I was happy at getting just a straight refund.

So I have no issues so far from how I've been treated except I do wish they had cancelled the star wars race sooner because it was obvious a mid-april half marathon with 15000 people just wasn't happening.

Agreed. I was originally an April cancellation for both resort stay AND rundisney race challenge. I got my resort stay deposit refund in what I'd consider a normal timeframe. Rundisney refunds took a few weeks but they came through and in that case I was impressed they did a full refund. I was honestly expecting a gift card, voucher, or deferral to next year. Instead got a full cash refund (minus cost of virtual half medal which they mailed to me) so even though it took a few weeks to process I was happy at getting just a straight refund.

So I have no issues so far from how I've been treated except I do wish they had cancelled the star wars race sooner because it was obvious a mid-april half marathon with 15000 people just wasn't happening.

Did your refund come after the start of what would have been your stay? Or after they announced it would be closed during that time?

Availability for that time frame has been gone ever since the announcement. I was able to modify for quite some time after the announceMent and Riviera was the only DVC unavailable then.

Not for me. I just booked a Poly 7/13-7/17 yesterday and Riviera had availability at that time. What I saw wasn’t even the option of partial stays, it was waitlist only for the entire month. Could’ve been just a glitch. I guess time would tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter