Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m also going to put a plug in for the disposable surgical masks. I’ve walked around for 1-2 hours in the Atlanta 90-degree heat and tested multiple options and these were the most breathable and comfortable, and because they are non-woven, they protect the wearer more than a cloth mask (unless you are wearing a 3-ply mask with a filter).

My DD and I have also sewed some cute masks that are a stretchy polyester “crepy” blend that you cannot see the weave when placed against the light, and we wear these with filters. These seem fairly protective, but they are definitely warmer than the disposable surgical masks.

For indoor queues, we’ll also wear N95s, but I wore one of those for 1 hour walking around the 92 degree heat and my face was actually sweaty afterwards, which is not normal. We did wear N95s at the airport and flight 2 weeks ago (for a total of 5 hours, with two short snack breaks), and indoors it wasn’t a problem.

For my family, it’s about reducing the chances of infection. Nothing is 100%, but there are definitely choices that are more protective for the individual wearing them than others.

I’m packing a variety of masks in my daily backpack at the parks. Disposable for when it gets hot and they’re easy to breathe, and for rides just in case it falls off. Cloth for comfort. And probably a gaiter if they’re allowed

You, of all people on here have been through enough with all the cancellations and everything else regarding Disney vacations this year that a simple “win” with getting those reservations, whether or not you planned to go is the least of what you deserve. And lets be honest, those reservations could have just as easily gone to someone that has no intention of complying with the protocols, so theres a chance that you took those spots away from someone that didnt deserve them. Not to mention, I guarantee you’re not the only person that reserved spots that wont be going.

Thank you. Getting that reminder today was tough. We would’ve liked nothing better than for things to have worked out.

Not to be a downer, but many healthcare facilities are still short on N95s (re-using, sterilizing, etc.). Widespread use among theme park guests is not a good idea in my opinion. If you feel like you need an N95 to go somewhere (excluding those with special circumstances of course), probably a sign not the right place for you at this time.
True. Don’t go around buying N95s, but if you have a few leftover from a sanding and paint project from like 8 years ago (hypothetically speaking of course), I would put in Ziploc bags and bring it in your backpack.

Just curious for those that aren’t staying in a DVC villa with laundry, how are you going to wash your reusable masks? I guess you can wash in your sink, but is that sufficient to kill anything on your mask?

Question for people who are going: what is your plan if you develop a fever/covid symptoms while on your trip? Let’s say you picked it up at home and while you’re at WDW, you or a family member spikes a fever/starts showing symptoms.

I doubt most would get tested and also put resources towards quarantining for 2 weeks in FL if they’re positive. So, what do you do? How do you get home without exposing others?

I know many say they are aware of the risks, but I’m wondering what they would do if they actually got sick while on their trip. I’m sure anyone going has thought this through.
I thought about this & that is why we decided to drive instead of flying. We will get in the car & come home immediately.

Last edited:
I saw the exact same masks at Aldi today. I also saw the same kind of masks at Kroger, different brand.

They were cheapest at Costco, then Aldi. Upon further reflection I think they were $20 for 50 at both Costco and Aldi. Kroger was $8 for 10.

They were in the pharmacy at Kroger, in an end cap display at Aldi, and at Costco the one store had them near the paper goods and the other had them between the cash registers and the pharmacy.

Last edited:
Fantasmic as well. So many outdoor stadiums at DHS not being used that would be perfect

Do you think they might use those as break areas for CMs to spread out rather than the smaller indoor backstage areas?

I remember reading discussion about that somewhere, can’t remember where though.

Thank you. Getting that reminder today was tough. We would’ve liked nothing better than for things to have worked out.
Just cancelled our trip for July 15th -24th today. Sad and, after all of the work (all ADRs and FP cancelled, then park reservations) and all the time spent on these boards, I am just exhausted. My wife and I are teachers and we so look forward to our Disney summers. My son graduated HS and is heading to college (hopefully) and this was our last trip with him as a "kid". We did everything to justify leaving NY and going; the 15% positive rate just made it feel "wrong" for us...too much risk for a reduced experience. To those that do get to go, I wish you well. Stay safe and please be responsible, both on property and when you return home. The last thing Disney needs is to be blamed for any spread beyond Orange County. ✌️

Just cancelled our trip for July 15th -24th today. Sad and, after all of the work (all ADRs and FP cancelled, then park reservations) and all the time spent on these boards, I am just exhausted. My wife and I are teachers and we so look forward to our Disney summers. My son graduated HS and is heading to college (hopefully) and this was our last trip with him as a "kid". We did everything to justify leaving NY and going; the 15% positive rate just made it feel "wrong" for us...too much risk for a reduced experience. To those that do get to go, I wish you well. Stay safe and please be responsible, both on property and when you return home. The last thing Disney needs is to be blamed for any spread beyond Orange County. ✌
I’m sorry that you can’t go. I hope you get another trip with your son. This year is the worst.

Do you think they might use those as break areas for CMs to spread out rather than the smaller indoor backstage areas?

I remember reading discussion about that somewhere, can’t remember where though.

That would make sense. The park isnt big enough that you really need many of these stations. So the 2 that they have should be sufficient

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter