Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hindsight, nothing. I could use credits in the open DS at night. I could use QS credits in the park. This is a money grab, and it’s BS.
This trip was PIF before Christmas and we would have been there now, before boarding a cruise tomorrow. That part I understand changing.
I understand limited hours and experiences. Pulling what benefit we had of coming and enjoying ourselves is shot.

I would wait to see what they offer to those affected before saying it’s a money grab....granted whatever they offer will have uncertainty tied to it because of the free dining promo stigma, so it better be good.

I would be upset too, but hindsight is 20/20. I can’t imagine they would have offered the free dining promo if they knew that it was going to get pulled. One thing I think they should have done differently is froze any new bookings the second they closed.”until further notice” They shot themselves in the foot by allowing the bookings to continue for times of such uncertainty...especially when it impacts capacity so significantly.
all due respect but why do they have to revoke the free dining for those who had it? First off when they offered it to us they combined it with an up sell in resort/length of stay. And we got it. Give to get. We could live with it. But we were loyal. Did not take our money out. Put more in. Why can’t they just say “hey, we’re sorry this didn’t work out. Tough times, you know? But hold on to that perk until you can use it again. Our way of saying thanks for hanging in with us”. That’s just good customer service. Its like when a restaurant screws up and they tear up the check. I am def going back to that restaurant. WDW is being arrogant in thinking we will all go back like sheep.

My 8 days into his 3rd year son did about 2 hours at DS today before breaking the string off because he was tired of wearing it. We asked a CM what to do and she suggested buying a scarf. It was crazy expensive so we didn't. Nobody seemed to care that he was unmasked.
Yeah DS will be in a stroller so if you’re that close to his stroller & bent down so that his droplets can reach your face, that’s on you. We will try, but ok.

If it’s a money grab it’s got to be the stupidest money grab in history.

Cancel one of your big money makers (DDP), cancel reservations for everyone, screw with plans, open with capacities so low not everyone who wants to can get in, come up with some really unpleasant rules for guests, stay closed through a bulk of summer break, possibly maybe keep some of your other big money makers closed (resorts), status of the big events that people throw money at you during (the fall stuff) is unknown, and I’m sure plenty is other things I’m missing, and people still think this is a money grab?? Because they cancelled free dining?

There is a lot to be said about this cluster-you-know-what, but money grab ain’t it. IMO at least.
The DDP cancellation is a grab on the bounce back/recovery people. Or money recovery at a minimum. We booked at rack rates, with “free” dining. Now we pay rack rates, and pay for dining? It’s a way to recover something, and it sucks.
I hope they figure things out, I really do. But they screwed with a lot of people, and I can’t be alone feeling this way. Unprecedented or not, they should have shut down reservations and not allowed us to rebook under false pretense.
I am more than willing to deal with modifications and lessened experiences through this crazy time. But my weekend at Universal just became a week, where we’ll probably try some new things around Orlando in August. Then I’ll come home and enjoy my second week of vacation in western hot springs and sleeping in my camper.
I know the world will make it through, I just hope Disney comes back to the Disney we love. If this is what Chapek considers a “quintessential Disney experience,” I hope his ideas don’t come to fruition. Or we’re all screwed.

all due respect but why do they have to revoke the free dining for those who had it? First off when they offered it to us they combined it with an up sell in resort/length of stay. And we got it. Give to get. We could live with it. But we were loyal. Did not take our money out. Put more in. Why can’t they just say “hey, we’re sorry this didn’t work out. Tough times, you know? But hold on to that perk until you can use it again. Our way of saying thanks for hanging in with us”. That’s just good customer service. Its like when a restaurant screws up and they tear up the check. I am def going back to that restaurant. WDW is being arrogant in thinking we will all go back like sheep.

That original rumour had 35% off for those who got cancelled and were on free dining.

I think they likely will see some incentive for rebooking, even if it isn’t that exact offer. And 35% off is a great offer IMO. Especially if they let you apply it wherever you want.

As a business, (a massively large one at that), I believe they've really had a problem speaking with one voice. I don't know if it's because the shutdown occurred right during the management transition or what but information has really been lacking. When it does come they seem to change it minute by minute, correcting typos as they go.
I know there are so many faucets to Disney but they certainly don't seem to know what one department is planning for the other. I guess it's just a crazy situation, like the report now from WHO saying healthy people SHOULD NOT wear masks, totally unbelievable, haha. Even that article I read is riddled with errors, jeez. They said the CDC who does want masks said something like if 80% of folks wear masks it will help flatten the curve but the author interpreted it as wearing masks would stop 80% of covid transmissions. Nobody knows which end is up anymore, and I'm going to bed, haha.

That original rumour had 35% off for those who got cancelled and were on free dining.

I think they likely will see some incentive for rebooking, even if it isn’t that exact offer. And 35% off is a great offer IMO. Especially if they let you apply it wherever you want.
Ok. You are of course right. But a couple of things; 1) it’s just a rumor. 2) I will believe there are not restrictions when I see it. Unfortunately I no longer trust them.

If after the dust settles a bit and they still haven’t made things right with all the impacted people, then I’ll be disappointed in them.

I think in time it will come. If you read between the lines of the sources, it appears the storm is not done yet. Possible they need to cancel all resort reservations and then they’ll rebook those free dining guests with a new deal. Who knows.

As a passholder who wants better than what they’re offering officially at this point, and an impacted guest from March, I am patiently waiting until they can even publicly say what they’re doing with certainty before I expect them to be able to begin to fix things for all of us. And I do think they will in some fashion, especially if approached politely on an individual level. This is where they can shine and gain people’s trust back. Theyre in the demolition phase right now, it’s going to look worse before it looks nice again.

The DDP cancellation is a grab on the bounce back/recovery people. Or money recovery at a minimum. We booked at rack rates, with “free” dining. Now we pay rack rates, and pay for dining? It’s a way to recover something, and it sucks.
I hope they figure things out, I really do. But they screwed with a lot of people, and I can’t be alone feeling this way. Unprecedented or not, they should have shut down reservations and not allowed us to rebook under false pretense.
I am more than willing to deal with modifications and lessened experiences through this crazy time. But my weekend at Universal just became a week, where we’ll probably try some new things around Orlando in August. Then I’ll come home and enjoy my second week of vacation in western hot springs and sleeping in my camper.
I know the world will make it through, I just hope Disney comes back to the Disney we love. If this is what Chapek considers a “quintessential Disney experience,” I hope his ideas don’t come to fruition. Or we’re all screwed.
You are most definitely not alone! Right there with ya!

If after the dust settles a bit and they still haven’t made things right with all the impacted people, then I’ll be disappointed in them.

I think in time it will come. If you read between the lines of the sources, it appears the storm is not done yet. Possible they need to cancel all resort reservations and then they’ll rebook those free dining guests with a new deal. Who knows.

As a passholder who wants better than what they’re offering officially at this point, and an impacted guest from March, I am patiently waiting until they can even publicly say what they’re doing with certainty before I expect them to be able to begin to fix things for all of us. And I do think they will in some fashion, especially if approached politely on an individual level. This is where they can shine and gain people’s trust back. Theyre in the demolition phase right now, it’s going to look worse before it looks nice again.

yeah we’re in the bad news phase now. I exoevt they’ll try to get through that quickly and then focus on what the “new Disney” will look like.

for uk bookings it’s a nightmare (if we can come later in the year) we get the free dining offer and could book from April last year - my son and his girlfriend booked akl for October with 14 day ultimate tickets (hopper and water parks And free memory maker) and free dining plan - what they will wake up to today is no use of hopers or water parks, and no dining plan - so there already expensive holiday for October will be 1000pounds dearer through no fault of their own and flights etc booked etc which they can’t change

To those upset:

Wait until you get your “more information” email from Disney about your reservation. I believe they will make a new offer to impacted guests.

If you cancel on your own before that, they probably won’t do anything for you.

im not upset. I also don’t gain anything by cancelling my sep recovery trip today. I’m also not taking it since I only booked it for free dining offer. Don’t need to do anything today and won’t. Hopefully I’ll get an offer I can use for marathon or Star Wars weekend 2021. I’ll talk to my ta when the dust settles. I have will August to cancel and get deposit back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter