Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think if you are going to cancel experiences and dining plans for people who already paid you into the thousands for these things, it would be important to refund the money quickly to those people. Sadly, this doesn’t seem to be a priority for Disney and it is starting to anger me a little.
As far as they goes lots of travel refunds are months delayed so they aren’t special for that.

You think if you are going to cancel experiences and dining plans for people who already paid you into the thousands for these things, it would be important to refund the money quickly to those people. Sadly, this doesn’t seem to be a priority for Disney and it is starting to anger me a little.

they just really started the cancellations thu/frI. refunds even once entered normally Take 3-4 days to process. They are dealing with a massive volume so it’s going to take time to even submit them and you won’t get it instantly when they do.

be a little patient.

They’re obviously going to be controlling the people inside and keeping them apart just like any restaurant that is open.

Why is this so much more concerning than restaurants? We know they are going to be open in some fashion.

Sitting on bench 20 feet away from people without mask = unsafe.

Sitting inside a “Relaxation Station” 6 feet away from someone with AC = safe.

Walking down Main Street without mask on = unsafe.

Walking down Main Street without mask holding a Starbucks Frappuccino = safe.

Like I said before. It’s an illusion of safety.

If Disney truly believes that masks keep people safe, then they should be required 100% of the time.

and it was fact. July shows KS as open August doesn't
Again
everyone needs to do their own research instead of just freaking out and posting without any additional basis.

I’m not questioning anyone. Just trying to understand where the rumor started that KS would be closed. I didn’t see anything posted that seemed official other than someone commenting that KS would be closed after you mentioned that COS would be closed. I followed the link for attraction hours and, for July, I saw that KS had hours listed. I didn’t go to August. So again, I’m really just trying to understand where the rumor started that it may be closed. If the answer is that some are seeing it unavailable in August, then I have my answer. But I don’t think that has been directly stated here.

If Disney truly believes that masks keep people safe, then they should be required 100% of the time.

lets say people are 90% compliant with the mask rule. That stilll makes peiple safer.

something doesn’t have to be 100% effective to be worth doing. That is why you do masks and distancing and temp check and and and. Each adds a layer and combined you lower risk By a lot.

I’m not questioning anyone. Just trying to understand where the rumor started that KS would be closed. I didn’t see anything posted that seemed official other than someone commenting that KS would be closed after your mentioned that COS would be closed. I followed the link for attracting hours and, for July, I saw that KS had hours listed. I didn’t go to August. So again, I’m really just trying to understand where the rumor started that it may be closed. If the answer is that some are seeing it unavailable in August, then I have my answer. But I don’t think that has been directly stated here.
what does it matter where the rumor started? Do you want to know what attractions might be open when you come, go to the official website and look. The only official word anyone should look for is the WDW site or DPB, nothing else.

they just really started the cancellations thu/frI. refunds even once entered normally Take 3-4 days to process. They are dealing with a massive volume so it’s going to take time to even submit them and you won’t get it instantly when they do.

be a little patient.
I would be patient if they would give us the courtesy to know there was some kind of timeline, but I guess my thousands of dollars is only important to them when they can hold it and make money off it.

So they can’t tell people some kind of schedule for refund when they are the ones who decided to do the canceling?

they don’t cancel and refund this much stuff every day. It’s taking days to delete all the reservations. My resort reservation still hasn’t been updated. They likely don’t know how long it’s going to take. This is a massive operation theyve never done before.

what does it matter where the rumor started? Do you want to know what attractions might be open when you come, go to the official website and look. The only official word anyone should look for is the WDW site or DPB, nothing else.

I think you are misunderstanding the reason for me questioning. I didn’t see anything here that said KS would be closed other than a seemingly random post that mentioned it with other attractions that has been previously discussed. Then others started posting as if it f was fact so I thought I missed something.

Then a link to attractions was posted so I went and looked at that for 7/17 and KS I showing operating hours.

I’m not trying to be argumentative. I’m just really curious as to whether there is good reason to think KS may be closed as opposed to this just being as comment that gained traction with no real basis.

You know it depends on your card. I usually get refunds in 5-7 business days. If you need your refund ASAP I suggest you go in and cancel rather than wait for them to do it.
Disney needs to announce their schedule for refunding the money. I know how my cards operate, the problem is Disney has said nothing about when they will initialize the refund process. Also, I can’t cancel something that Disney has already canceled for me.

Disney needs to announce their schedule for refunding the money. I know how my cards operate, the problem is Disney has said nothing about when they will initialize the refund process. Also, I can’t cancel something that Disney has already canceled for me.

I am very confused by this. They already canceled? If so the refund should be in process...

they don’t cancel and refund this much stuff every day. It’s taking days to delete all the reservations. My resort reservation still hasn’t been updated. They likely don’t know how long it’s going to take. This is a massive operation theyve never done before.
They can give some kind of statement and some kind of timeline. This is a decision they decided to make with other people’s money. They owe those people the courtesy of a timeline for when they believe they will initialize the refund process.

How do you suppose they can enforce 100%? This is not all or nothing. Pretty sure they’re operating on the assumption that a good effort is better than no effort. Perfect is unattainable. If they thought it was *unsafe* to have people without masks on, ever, they wouldn’t open. They are preventative they are not a guarantee.

They know people need to eat and drink. They know people need to be able to take it off occasionally. Giving guidance as to when and where this can be done makes it so there’s no arguing or debate (well theoretically at least). Relying on people to judge for themselves when they can remove their mask (like the bench example) would be a mess. People are way too selfish for that one.

And for the record I will be surprised if the mask break areas don’t separate people way more than 6 feet, as a precaution. 6 feet is not much and is minimum, not a guarantee.

I think you are misunderstanding the reason for me questioning. I didn’t see anything here that said KS would be closed other than a seemingly random post that mentioned it with other attractions that has been previously discussed. Then others started posting as if it f was fact so I thought I missed something.

Then a link to attractions was posted so I went and looked at that for 7/17 and KS I showing operating hours.

I’m not trying to be argumentative. I’m just really curious as to whether there is good reason to think KS may be closed as opposed to this just being as comment that gained traction with no real basis.

I think the original post mentioned was mine. It was a totally benign comment. I saw it was closed on the WDW attractions list for the first day we are in parks.(8/16). I was referring to the link for this part of the website at the time. Which was the predominant topic for conversation at that moment. I didn’t realize it looked different for July. Didn’t mean to start any rumors but I gotta think that the official website is about the best source we have presently. I sourced the information from the website screenshot when I realized that there was confusion.

Everyone!!!
Just go to the website, go to the park, input the date and you will see what's scheduled as open and closed
KS is shown as operating
Remember there's an attraction tab and an entertainment tab
You all (I'm generalizing) need to research on your own and don't just depend on what's being said here
Again, these times and experiences might change but none of that was there Friday
Using that, it appears all the actual zoo portions of AK will be closed in mid July anyone have insight as to why?

They can give some kind of statement and some kind of timeline. This is a decision they decided to make with other people’s money. They owe those people the courtesy of a timeline for when they believe they will initialize the refund process.

you don’t know they haven’t started it. Even if they did it would be 3-5 businrsss days before you see it. we are at 1 or 2.

Kilimanjaro Safaris does show hours in July, but it is strange because it shows hours from 9am-8:30pm (which is later than park closing of 6pm), while other AK attractions show 9-5 or 9-6. I just picked 7/20 at random to check. Also noticed that all of the viewing trails show "schedule unavailable". I guess it would be difficult to control social distancing on those or maybe they are worried about Covid transfer to animals?????

I recall tigers at the Bronx Zoo contracted it. It’s got to be at least a concern for the AK animals.

I am very confused by this. They already canceled? If so the refund should be in process...
They aren’t and this is the only statement Disney has made about it to this
We are reaching out to Guests affected by these updates with additional information and details on options, including refunds.

Needless to say I have heard nothing from them about a refund to this point for my family’s dining plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!