Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correcting myself, lol, as I realize that Aug 13 is farther than 60 days in the future. So, then, how is Disney doing this? With literally every room type available on July 13 (and zero rooms thereafter), I have a hard time believing the 30% has somehow been fully booked. Glitch?

The rooms at RIV on DVC have been very spotty at best the past few months for the month of July. I know this because I have been stalking the website. Since they announced last week park opening, things went quickly. So, I definitley think that 30% is taken by members

Jambo...different...thar had a lot of rooms and tonight...nothing for 4 months now...rumor is NBA.

Well, let’s hope it processes to your CC before you expect it too!
Oh no. That is disconcerting. I would imagine seeing so many guests getting e-mails with dining packages dropped and price adjustments adds to the frustration. I hope you get word soon.
It needs to be said that the cast member was as nice as she could be. So nice that I didn’t even get upset about it until later on. It is amazing with all the cast members are going through how professional and friendly they remain. I can only imagine what they hear from some people. Great job by the cast members as always.

The rooms at RIV on DVC have been very spotty at best the past few months for the month of July. I know this because I have been stalking the website. Since they announced last week park opening, things went quickly. So, I definitley think that 30% is taken by members

Jambo...different...thar had a lot of rooms and tonight...nothing for 4 months now...rumor is NBA.
Jambo seems more like what NBA players would want than CSR like others were speculating about but would it be harder to form the bubble around them at Jambo?

Not true. We are booked July 14-18 (2 BR) and as recently as this morning, July 20-24 was available.

Was looking at changing because we would prefer to be at Riviera when both Epcot and HS are open. We are also booked at Polynesian for 7-18 and 7-19 so was just looking to reverse order of reservations based on opening dates.
True. I’m talking about cash, not dvc. The only ones who have been able to book anything for a while now has been DVC, but there was a point in time after the announcement I could still modify my cash reservation, but only to a DVC or FW. I checked many times a day for a couple of days during tha window and there was nothing at the Riviera, cash. Before the announcement there was. As to why that is, I have no idea.

can they do that If you own the timeshare And are booked?
I'm not sure what the rules are here but I hope not. I guess the thought may be that they could move those booked at Jambo to Kidani but I dont think many owners would be happy about that. I know I wouldn't. In my opinion, Jambo>Kidani. I like the layout and lobby of Jambo much better. I also booked Jambo for Boma and Jiko. If they moved all DVC to Kidani and created a Jambo bubble for the NBA then the only onsite food option is Sanaa.

Last edited:
So the rumor is NBA is going to be housed in Jambo now? So I am going to be kicked out of my DVC room so some overpaid athlete can have it? >:(>:(>:(

That would explain why AKL Jambo was missing for the next few months when I looked on the UK site (before all of 2020 was removed).

Now I am worried it will be closed NEXT May. :rolleyes1
2021? Wasn't it likely to be closed then anyway? Even 2022 maybe, depending on whose time frame you thought. I thought I read it was supposed to take two plus years, but I also know conventional wisdom was before the 50th.

8 year old wanted me to poll people here to see if you all thought arcades would be open. We are specifically booked for AOA.
Completely a guess, but I would say no. Arcades have tons of surfaces you touch and no real clear way to enforce social distancing, particularly with children. I'm not sure I've ever seen a CM in there (I'm sure they are there sometimes) and they would have to more actively manage the arcade under the circumstances.

And the big thing - they still don't know exactly how many CMs they are going to have when they open.
Disagree. They don't need to know exactly how many CM's will come back. They only need to have enough come back to staff the parks at reduced capacity.
Until WDW knows who is coming back, they won't really know how to staff parks and resorts - is that a correct assessment?
No, I don't think that's quite right either. Some worker skills are directly transferable from one place to another with minimal additional training. A custodial CM who normally works in the MK could just as easily work in Epcot. A culinary CM who normally works at Flame Tree BBQ can just as easily work in DHS.

8 year old wanted me to poll people here to see if you all thought arcades would be open. We are specifically booked for AOA.

I think it all depends on when that resort is eventually opened back up. But the reports are that things will be limited and I can’t imagine they are going to open something up like thar until later in process.

Do the phonetians even know anything about social distancing? I hope this is not a reduced experience !
😁

Oh goodness ... Now I am thinking of how the spiel would be adapted for a special Covid- 19 overlay of SSE

"Remember how easy it was to learn your social distancing? Thank the CDC!"

"Think of it as the world's first backup system ... Meaning a system requiring you to back up a few more steps from the next person in the queue"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!