Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last time I was in the hospital at home is when I had a stroke. My closest family is literally a thousand miles away. You learn to make do.
Everyone’s situation is different. It’s not just about making due for myself. I have a 2 yr old so we would need to get home in case we both get really sick & need help from family caring for DS.

Walmart had a special last month for the blue disposable masks at $9.67 for a box of 50. I bought 3 boxes. I looked tonight though and the Walmart website no longer lists the product, which is odd. Just has page cannot be found. I'm not sure what to make of that.

For indoor queues, we’ll also wear N95s, but I wore one of those for 1 hour walking around the 92 degree heat and my face was actually sweaty afterwards, which is not normal. We did wear N95s at the airport and flight 2 weeks ago (for a total of 5 hours, with two short snack breaks), and indoors it wasn’t a problem.
This is our plan too. N95s indoors, surgical masks or cloth masks outdoors.

I still had my bird flu pandemic stockpile from 2005. 😂 My N100s are degraded but the N95s are fine.

Just cancelled our trip for July 15th -24th today. Sad and, after all of the work (all ADRs and FP cancelled, then park reservations) and all the time spent on these boards, I am just exhausted. My wife and I are teachers and we so look forward to our Disney summers. My son graduated HS and is heading to college (hopefully) and this was our last trip with him as a "kid". We did everything to justify leaving NY and going; the 15% positive rate just made it feel "wrong" for us...too much risk for a reduced experience. To those that do get to go, I wish you well. Stay safe and please be responsible, both on property and when you return home. The last thing Disney needs is to be blamed for any spread beyond Orange County. ✌

Im sorry your trip is lost. COVID is a whole bunch of things that wouldn’t make it past the DISboards censors.

Your next trip will be even more special because of all of this garbage.

Everyone’s situation is different. It’s not just about making due for myself. I have a 2 yr old so we would need to get home in case we both get really sick & need help from family caring for DS.

That’s the kind of scenario I was thinking of. Anyone traveling with kids who has some semblance of a support system at home is probably better off getting back ASAP just incase things turn bad. Even if no support system, I’d imagine you would still be way better off isolating in your own home with your own things if you had to attempt to care for your child(ren) while very sick.

I don’t think most people would attempt to isolate in Orlando instead of going home given the length of the isolation, but what do I know lol.

Just curious for those that aren’t staying in a DVC villa with laundry, how are you going to wash your reusable masks? I guess you can wash in your sink, but is that sufficient to kill anything on your mask?
Yes as long as soap is used it’s enough to kill most germs and bacteria, not sterilize, a washer can’t do that either though.

Walmart had a special last month for the blue disposable masks at $9.67 for a box of 50. I bought 3 boxes. I looked tonight though and the Walmart website no longer lists the product, which is odd. Just has page cannot be found. I'm not sure what to make of that.
They probably ran out or changed manufacturers.

I just bought some disposable masks at Walmart but the price was $17 for 50!

posted in Resturaunts but thought I'd cross post.

doing my nightly check to see if can do ADR for my upcoming trip in July and am getting the almost in orbit waiting room that says this.
"Dining Reservation Dates

Effective July 7: Reservations for All Guests
All Guests can now make dining reservations at select resort, theme park and Disney Springs locations with availability during our phased reopening.

Reservations for all Guests may be made up to 60 days in advance.

Now just waiting...
FYI I didn't have any cancelled adrs.

Yeah, I kinda figured most people would have driving home as the backup plan if they’re sick and won’t stay in FL to quarantine. Haven’t heard of one person saying they would stay in FL until they were better.

Sadly, those who are sick and have long drives could expose others along the way home at rest stops, gas stops, and if they stop at motels. Not so good and one of the scary things about people traveling right now.
Presumably car rental companies have come up with covid safe processes, but like all these covid processes they are still added risk especially if not followed 100%.

Definitely lots of risk with those with it infecting others with a long drive home.

For every person who is being thorough and wiping fuel pumps and keypads etc before use I bet there are 10s of people that are not. If you know you are infected and stop for fuel you are likely knowingly infecting a significant number of people that use that fuel pump for several hours afterwards. Unless of course you wipe the pumps down after you use them.

Driving home if sick is probably the best solution, staying in Florida and having the ability to properly isolate yourself for the duration of your illness anywhere that isn’t home would be so difficult. And imagine if that person ended up so sick for weeks, months, before they could drive themselves back home.

Getting home ASAP is probably best for anyone who gets sick on vacation. It is scary to think about all the spots they could expose people along the way, but probably the least bad of all the choices (except not traveling lol, but we won’t go there). Really, the people who we all need to be most concerned about no matter where we live are those who are sick but drag their feet in isolating themselves for a variety of reasons (I thought I was fine, I just needed to ______, etc.) In regards to Disney, you know there’s going to be those jerks who need to get their last park day in, despite not feeling great, then oopsies next day turns out they’re positive.
Last day, really special ADR, the only day they could ride all the new stuff in DHS etc etc.

Presumably car rental companies have come up with covid safe processes, but like all these covid processes they are still added risk especially if not followed 100%.

Definitely lots of risk with those with it infecting others with a long drive home.

For every person who is being thorough and wiping fuel pumps and keypads etc before use I bet there are 10s of people that are not. If you know you are infected and stop for fuel you are likely knowingly infecting a significant number of people that use that fuel pump for several hours afterwards. Unless of course you wipe the pumps down after you use them.
Covid is not typically spread via surfaces. Especially if a person sanitizes their hands before using the pump, another person later touching that pump is unlikely to catch anything.

I thought about this & that is why we decided to drive instead of flying. We will get in the car & come home immediately.
Exactly. Science makes my eyes roll back in my head, but we (if we are still going in August) will do the same thing and I think that we would be doing it safely for others. Our plan would be to mask up (I have some n95s from a diy project years ago) and have a box of fresh gloves for a potential rest stop. We would have bottled water and snacks in the car to avoid a meal stop. If it would help we could also carry an unused disposable rain jacket to put on just prior to getting out of the car at a rest stop. Quarantining when we get home is easy. I would notify the front desk (obviously) so that they could take extra precautions for our room and have the data for contact tracing. I'm pretty sure that's more cautious than most people are doing it here in SC when they first feel symptoms.

ETA- We had to drive home from Busch Gardens to MD years ago when our entire family got a stomach virus. We notified the front desk, packed up our barf bags, and drove straight thru (fortunately it was only 3 hours, so no gas stops or potty stops required). I was the driver and had a fever of 102 ....not fun. As I understand it, I will get a bit more of a heads up if we get COVID, so at least there's that.

Last edited:
Finally was able to book an ADR for my upcoming trip in five days. They must have opened it up to all guests for next 60 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!