Cruise ends in Quebec City...car is in Boston???

Sarah'sMomfrom PA

Welcomed Guest<br><font color=red>Mutters about dr
I know that I am really being dumb about this but I need some guidance...we are thinking of taking a NCL cruise which will leave from Boston and after a week, we will disembark in Quebec City. My dilemma is how to get from Quebec City to Boston (to pick up our car for the drive to Pennsylvania). I have looked into airfare which is around $241 PP but it doesn't get us into Boston until after 6:00 p.m. so we were thinking of renting a car a we could be in Boston by mid afternoon to start our return trip to Pennsylvania. Is it easy for someone from the US to rent a car and would I be able to uber from the ship to rental car agency? ANY HELP that anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

It is easy for a over-21 U.S. citizen to rent a car in Quebec. There will probably be a hefty one-way fee since the local rules state that the car must be equipped with Qc plates if rented here, making that car unusable in the U.S. afterwards.

I don’t know if there’s an airport with flights to Boston near you, but you could possibly buy a multi-city ticket instead of driving to and leaving your car in Boston.

I think flying will be your much easier bet (and $241pp is quite cheap for flights that originate here in Canada).

You won't be able to cross the boarder with a US drivers license and a Canadian rental car. I think your only option is to fly. Plus, if you can get a flight for $241 that is very reasonable....especially if that's Canadian $$$.

Just a thought, have you looked at taking the train (Via Rail) from Quebec City to the Montreal airport, then by air to Boston?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter