Cruise lounge chair question...

MarkMichaels

Mouseketeer
Is it possible to purchase the lounge chairs they use on the Disney boats anywhere? It would be pretty cool to have a couple of those next to our pool in the summer.

While I haven't specifically seen the lounge chairs my best suggestion would be to keep an eye on eBay. Every now and again "new" items show up there. The explanation I received when I messaged one of the sellers was that they keep extra items in a warehouse in Port Canaveral and every so often they make those available, she buys them and then auctions them off. I bid on a bedspread once but it went too high for me. :rolleyes:

Anyway, that was her story and I'm sure she is sticking too it in case anyone from DCL is watching!

Deb

Are you referring to the ones by the pools or the teak steamer lounges on deck 4??

Oh, I love those teak lounge chairs. If anyone knows where you can get some, please tell. We sat out there for an hour on deck 4 right before dinner at Artist Palette and their wasn't a sole around. It was very romantic before our hectic dinner with 3 women that spoke mostly Spanish and their 3 young children. Never could figure out why they sat a group that had small children with a couple that was on their 20th anniversary.

eva,
do a search on google for teak steamer lounge. you'll find lots! we'd like a couple, but the ones that look nice and sturdy are a few hundred each!!!! :eek: :eek:

Thanks! I was actually thinking about the ones by the pool or the beach at Castaway Cay, not the teak ones. I'm guessing that we could go on another cruise for the retail price of a couple teak chairs.

Thanks again.

Take the money you'd spend on the teak chairs, book another cruise and buy a great BIG suitcase! ;) ;) ;) :p :p :p

Just a follow up. We figured we'd never spend that kinda $$$ on teak steamers, so we ended up with nice chaise lounges from Lowes (overpriced, but comfortable)
Today at Sam's Club I happened to glance down the patio furniture aisle and saw a teak steamer lounge chair!!!! $124!! Not too bad! Probably not as nice of a construction as the ones on the Disney ships, but also not hundreds and hundreds of dollars!

Btw, it looks great out there by the pool ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter