Cruise Questions...need help!?!

DisneyTravelers2008

Sally & Clay (Disney Travelers 2008)
We are thinking about a Disney cruise. We have never been on a cruise before. DH does not think he would like it...but Im sure it would be fun. What is a typical day on a cruise like? What are the best things to do? Hwo do you fill up your day? Do they have character meet and greet / dining for the kids? Do these cost extra?

We are thinking about a Disney cruise. We have never been on a cruise before. DH does not think he would like it...but Im sure it would be fun. What is a typical day on a cruise like? What are the best things to do? Hwo do you fill up your day? Do they have character meet and greet / dining for the kids? Do these cost extra?

This is the Adventures by Disney forum. I think you'll get more information if you post on the Disney Cruise Line forum. We have some folks on this board who have ben on cruises, but the cruise forum is much more active than this one. I've cruised with DCL once and I can at least tell you that they have meet and greet with the characters and it is included in the price of the cruise.

There is a great FAQ sticky at the top of the cruise forum that will answer many of your questions and give you tons of information. As the pp stated, that forum is very active and the posters are very friendly.
All regular entertainment, stateroom, unlimited food, and use of kids clubs are all included in cruise price.
Things not included: alcohol, smoothies, specialty coffees, meals at Palo, shore excursions, tips, spa services.
If you have any additional questions, feel free to PM me. :thumbsup2

Maybe a mod could move you to the cruise forum? You will probably get more help there! ;)

Well, he won't know for sure until he tries one! There are so many more opportunities to meet characters compared to a WDW visit. Character breakfast is only on a 7 nt cruise. (Maybe on longer cruises too but we've only done 7 nt cruises and I'm certain they're not on the 3/4 nt cruises.)

I'd recommend starting with a 4 nt cruise to try it. The 3 nt cruises are just way too short and don't even offer a day at sea which is my fav. thing! :cloud9: (Yes, we're doing a 3 nt only to get a little DCL fix before our 7 nt in Oct. Ds can't miss much school to do a longer one this time of year.) :sad1:

Come on over to the cruise boards and check it out! :flower3: It's full of nice cruise junkies who would be happy to help you.

Beware though, DCL cruising is very addicting as you can see from my siggy. Made me even want to give up visiting WDW which I never thought could happen. They offer great perks for rebooking while onboard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter