Cruise to Greece with a 13-year-old

SLK1

DIS Veteran
Hi Everyone - we are looking to do the Greece cruise in June 2020. That's a lot of Greece! My question is has anyone done this cruise with a 13-year-old? I'm worried she will tire of sightseeing and I'm wondering what other teens have done that were fun for them (aside from the teen club - I'm talking about possible excursions that would be fun for a young teen). Thanks!

We had three teens/tweens in the tow.

Everyone was impressed by Santorini. Is yours into Instagram? You guys can wear white/blue and have fun taking some fashion shots.

It was scorching hot in late July/early August - and very crowded in Santorini. We did a ship excursion to see Oia and return through Fira, but that allowed us to bypass a lot of crowd at the pier.

We tendered into Mykonos. The town is a bit of an understatement after Santorini. Just do a city walk on your own - and treat the day as half a sea day. You can still take your fashion shots. Or see if there is a Greek cooking class you can join.

I know Magic isn't visiting, but our kids had the most fun in Corfu - particularly, at the Aqualand water park. That's got to be one of the most fun water parks in the emtire Mediterranean.

The kids also loved the Myrtos beach in Kefalonia. Most of the beaches in Greece aren't sandy - rather, more 'pebbly' if that's a word. Mykonos also has some, so bring your water shoes.

If your itinerary has Dubrovnik, walk the city walls on your own. Or do a non-GoT tour if with kids. Most GoT tours don't scale the main city much and probably will draw puzzled looks from your kids. Turn on the HDR in your camera, to allow the lovely city colors to pop against the shimmering Adriatic sea.

And don't be shy to leave her behind on the ship if you have a longer itinerary. She will make good friends. Ours are still in touch with their friends who hailed from all over the world.

Hi,
How long will the cruise be? you don't need to go sightseeing everyday. Ask what she likes to do. Not sure which port you go to so can't really suggest anything. But I would definitely arrange a beach day also.

My kid loved the beach excursions in Greece. They were 13 and 11 at the time. They did not tire of sightseeing except maybe the museums and history part lol (we did Italy and Greece)

Hi Everyone - we are looking to do the Greece cruise in June 2020. That's a lot of Greece! My question is has anyone done this cruise with a 13-year-old? I'm worried she will tire of sightseeing and I'm wondering what other teens have done that were fun for them (aside from the teen club - I'm talking about possible excursions that would be fun for a young teen). Thanks!
Does she like the Percy Jackson books or movies? They have tours on some of the islands that are Percy Jackson based. When we were in Croatia, we did a day kayaking tour. My kids loved that. We broke up sight seeing with kid fun activities and that worked well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!