Cruises for 5

MELSMICE

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, to Disney World we'll go. It'll be
Anyone been on the Disney Cruise Line with 5 family members. Hope to do the 7 day cruise some day but it seems outrageously expensive, even for this Disney fanatic. Does anyone know of any deals or bargains that come along?

The least expensive time is between September and early December with the exception of the time around Thanksgiving. The next best time is January to about mid-February. Then there is about a month between late-April through late-May. The holidays (Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, New Year's) are the most expensive time followed by summer and Spring Break.

You can also check for connecting Category 10 staterooms versus the one Category 4 stateroom. It was less expensive to do this once upon a time, but I think it is much closer price-wise now.

The cheapest way we found for a family of 5 to cruise was to invite the grandparents along to put a child or (or actually 2 of them) in their cabin. If you get two cabins, that's great, but the first two people in each cabin have to pay the adult rate. So, they would, by name, put you and one child in one cabin, each adult fare, and put spouse and two kids in the other, 2 adult fares and one child. Not cheap.

I just asked the same question on a cruise discussion board...I have three children and I don't want to get two rooms...I was told the carnival victory had room for 5 and I priced it about 3000.00 for all five of us in Jan....Disney cruise line really needs to lower there prices...

I wanna go too! But I was quoted Over $7000 for 5 of us and that was for the 7 day cruise. Airfare will add on about another $1000. I'd feel too guilty if just me and DH went and left the 3 kids home!

There's ways to go to Disney and cut corners to make it more affordable, but no ways to cut costs when you want to take the cruise. Hopefully, I'll hit the lottery! Then we'll be able to go.

Watch the cruise board for specials. We have had the luck of traveling Cat. 4 - (which sleep 5) twice for 7 day cruises. There were 4 of us and we sailed with fall fantasy for $2400 in Sept. 2000 and in Jan 2001 for near the same. These were awsome prices and without these boards would never of know of them.

Watch the cruise board for specials. We have had the luck of traveling Cat. 4 - (which sleep 5) twice for 7 day cruises. There were 4 of us and we sailed with fall fantasy for $2400 in Sept. 2000 and in Jan 2001 for near the same. These were awsome prices and without these boards would never of know of them. PLUS - wed are sailing again in Novemb er 2002 for $99 per person for the special that came with the incentive to sail at that low price in Jan 2002! If you are at all flexible - read these boards to book at the best time.

I am in the same boat:-( We sailed in Spetember of 1998, the 4 of us, we have since had another child, and would love to do the 7 day sea, we did land/sea last time. We normally travel off peak season, but even off peak is exp for that cat 5! I couldn't leave the kids at home, or pick 2 to go :-( So guess we will hold out for now. To the poster that said they went 2400.00 for 4, how did you ge that rate? I would plop that down in a heartbeat for us ?

Book as far in advance as possible. You can always cancel or change your reservation to reflect the discount. The earlier you book the cheaper it would be. Disney cruise does have the highest prices around.

Just to give you an idea. We had looked in the beginning of August 2001 for mid August 2002 cruise only for 4 would have been $3500 category 5. When we called back at the end of Sept. 2001 it had gone up to $4300

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter