Cruising on DCL

As a frequent Disney cruise (48 times and counting) and a gay friendly person (two VERY close relatives are lesbians), I can say from experience, "Don't worry about it!" We've been seated with gay couples twice that I can recall, and on both occasions there were lots of other people at the table, too. Everyone had a great time! There was one woman travelling with her daughter who rarely spoke to anyone, but I suspect it was more that she was just unfriendly in general rather than being offended by the gay couple. A lot of people won't even notice; I am continually surprised by the people who don't realize just how many gay CMs there are at WDW. There are many on the cruise line, too, so that will help you feel even more at home.
Barb

OK, I think it's time to lock me up and get into detox. I had a lead this week on an agent with group rates and blocked space that included secret porthole room for the 2007 cruises. I have now actually booked for December 2, 2007. Secret porthole room. Now I know I'm in serious need of help.

I have not yet sprung this surprise on hisselfness yet. I figure I can see how our December 2006 cruise goes and then spring it on him. I figured, what's the worst case? I can always cancel. And the allure of a slum view room at an inside cabin price was just too tempting. The price was too tempting.

Besides, full payment isn't needed until September 2007.

Don't believe anything she says! LOL HI MARCIA!!!!!

As a DCL cruiser of 14 times, you have nothing to worry about. Just got off the ship last week-never felt out of place at any time!

Dan
mickeyfan1 said:
Input from a gay friendly person. First, I would book second seating. That is usually more adults. Second, keep checking in on the Cruise Meets boards and see who may be on your cruise. Chat with them ahead of time and you may have table mates before you go. Third, if for some reason you get assigned to a table with people who make you uncomfortable for any reason, ask the head waiter to move you. This goes whether you are gay or straight or anything in between. I know there were a lot of gays, both men and women on the August repo cruise. None of those with whom I hung out had anything even remotely rude happen. And from reading a lot of these post, those with whom I had no chance to talk, (Hi Nordkin!) they seem to be reporting no problems either.

Unless you make a statement that says you are gay, how would anyone know or why would anyone care anyway. There is so much to do on the CL ships that people really shouldn't have time to worry over anything so not their business. I have sailed 13 times, and as far as I can remember, there was more inappropriate behaviour amongst the younger drinking crowd than anyone else. The best behaved were the gay men on the repo cruise.

Go and enjoy, worrying over something that probably won't happen is counter productive to haveing a good time.

Hi Dan!!!!! Glad you had another good cruise. Sure do miss you and Scott and Chuck and Bob and all the rest of the Fools. We had a blast! Just waiting to see what DCL will put out there in April for 2007 and what the rates will be. If it's doable, I plan on me and DH on the last regular sailing and then me solo on the repo home. I am sure y'all will show up somewhere!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!