CRV-Not anytime soon

jcf

DIS Veteran
According to my guide, based on AKV and what was discussed in the months leading up to that announcement, it must be at least 2 years away as he has heard nothing directly or indirectly.:(

Not doubting your info; thanks for posting however...

IMO guides have tight lips as to future projects; no incentive for them to speculate/feed the CRV fire before they sell out of the current offerings;)

Would think it would be at least end of '08/early '09 before pre-sales would start.

IMO, sure would be nice if they'd "convert" a floor or two of the tower ala AK too...a win-win scenario.

IMO, sure would be nice if they'd "convert" a floor or two of the tower ala AK too...a win-win scenario.

don't know about this - first the CR is the oldest WDW resort. secondly it was build and designed to be able to remove parts of it. this failed.

so I won't want a building with known plumbing problems to be part of the DVC - the maintence fees would only get higher.

most of the older Polyn that was done this way - has been taken apart and redone. the CR has not.:crazy2: I have no doubts this place will have more and more problems.pixiedust:

Hmm, didn't know about the problems in the pipes!

Thought the units were modular pods of sorts and able to replace; i need a CR history lesson.

Not doubting your info; thanks for posting however...

IMO guides have tight lips as to future projects; no incentive for them to speculate/feed the CRV fire before they sell out of the current offerings;)

Would think it would be at least end of '08/early '09 before pre-sales would start.

I think the new tower, if built, will be a joint offering. Hotel and DVC in the same builing.

First off our guide agreed with me that DVC CR is infact the current rumor. He had heard it. But he also said he had only heard the rumor like everyone else online.

Second the story as I heard it is the CR (the A frame building which the monorail runs though) was designed to have modular rooms. This was done for two reasons: one they built the rooms on the ground then just lifted them into place; two they could keep them up to date by quickly building replacements and sliding them in and out.

The reason this failed, is in the 80's they tried to slide the rooms out, and it turns out the building settled. So they can't get the rooms out anymore without risking the rest of the structure.

johno

2 years is nothin, especially something so worth the wait.:thumbsup2

Actually it just adds 2 years to the end of the contract if you think about it.

My guide said he'd been hearing about DVC at CR for as long as he'd been working at DVC - 13 years!

Two years would be remarkable, considering they are still slowly demolishing the old structure...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter