CRV - Presales - When Could They Start?

Dis13

Mouseketeer
If, in fact, the demolition of the North Wing is to make way for CRV, and, it will take approximately 2 years to build, when would they start presales? Would they have to wait until they actually have rooms ready before they can start selling?

That would be a GREAT bday present to me:thumbsup2 i know what my wish will be this year:lmao:

Funny you should say that. I saw the date and thought the exact same thing! Our birthdays are in less than 3 weeks!! Pre-Happy Birthday to us! :yay:

They need to have the timeshare registered for sale in each of the jurisdictions where they want to sell. Once that occurs then I suspect they will wait until six to twelve months before opening.

So, are the timeshare registrations public record, i.e. is there any way to search and see if Disney is working on registering anything new?

August 9th, 2008 at 9:42 am eastern :rolleyes1

I already have a call into my guide so I am first. ;)

MY B- day too!
We should make plans to all get together at CRV in 2009 to celebrate our new "home":rotfl:

Welcome to the March 1 birthday club!:thumbsup2

Say, do either of you get really really confused on a leap year??? :eek:

I do!! :lmao:

I figure shortly after I lose faith & add on to one of my existing resorts;) or AK - whichever.

Pisces in the house:banana: , any Leos?

I think they need to announce that it will be a DVC resort before talking about presales.

If it happens, I suspect it will be a while. The plans we've seen look very difficult to do much phasing from a building standpoint. And while FL has recently loosened their certificate of occupancy rules from what I'm hearing, it still has to be pretty close to completion. Plus they will be building then selling the remainder of AKV. I'd figure a minimum of 2 years from when they started building. And I don't think they'll actually start until AKV are well underway. So I'd think likely Fall 2009 at the earliest, Spring 2010 more likely if it happens at all.

If it happens, I suspect it will be a while. The plans we've seen look very difficult to do much phasing from a building standpoint. And while FL has recently loosened their certificate of occupancy rules from what I'm hearing, it still has to be pretty close to completion.

Thanks Dean, that's what I was looking for. So it has to be close to completion before they can start presales? Unless they come up with a way to convert a portion of CR like they did with AKL? Then they could sell it sooner.

Thanks Dean, that's what I was looking for. So it has to be close to completion before they can start presales? Unless they come up with a way to convert a portion of CR like they did with AKL? Then they could sell it sooner.
But like AKV, they can only sell what's close to being ready. In the past, esp. for SSR, DVC "sold" it by taking a deposit but put off closing because of the certificate of occupancy issue. In some cases if your building or "unit" wasn't ready, you didn't get your points until some time in the future. Of course DVC wouldn't want to start selling CRV or similar any earlier than necessary unless they had SSR sold out and much of AKV sold, or maybe it'll be the reverse.

One thing that is really going to impact a DVC at Contempory is the Certificate of Occupancy. Where as SSR and AKV have been built in phases and release as they were completed. You can't do that with a high-rise. It has to be done before occupancy can be issued. I had read that only part of the new tower will be DVC, the rest will be hotel. That would help with the actual selling of the units and make up for the loss of hotel units from the North Wing demolition.

I do agree that I think it will be 2010 or later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter