• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CS meals for kids

krysmas

Earning My Ears
We are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children 6 + 9). We will be there for 7 nights. So altogether we have 28 TS, 28 CS, and 28 S. I've been reading so many different things I am confusing myself, let me see if I got this straight. The meals are on your key card but it doesn't specify how many adults and how many children's meals there are? So can you order any meal at CS? How would they know if it was for an adult or child? My daughters especially the older one does not care for PB+J, Mac and cheese, or chicken nuggets. I don't understand why they can't order a burger, pizza or sandwich at many of the CS restaurants. Thank you to anyone who can answer.

From what I understand, your tickets will say 2 adults, 2 children. And many CS places will not let you order more than 2 adult meals at a time because of this. The key words being "at a time." You can have one parent in each line, and each can order 2 adult meals, giving you a total of 4 adult meals.

Experts, am I right?

krysmas said:
We are a family of 4 (2 adults and 2 children 6 + 9). We will be there for 7 nights. So altogether we have 28 TS, 28 CS, and 28 S. I've been reading so many different things I am confusing myself, let me see if I got this straight. The meals are on your key card but it doesn't specify how many adults and how many children's meals there are? So can you order any meal at CS? How would they know if it was for an adult or child? My daughters especially the older one does not care for PB+J, Mac and cheese, or chicken nuggets. I don't understand why they can't order a burger, pizza or sandwich at many of the CS restaurants. Thank you to anyone who can answer.

We were just there 2 weeks ago and we had no problem ordering 4 adult CS's for myself, DH, DD6, and DS4 with the DDP. We did it at Pizza Planet, Cosmic Ray's, Pecos Bill's, and Pizzafari. My kids didn't care for the kids meal choices either. None of the CM's ever said anything when I ordered them. The card did say "2 adults 2 child."

jenny-d said:
We were just there 2 weeks ago and we had no problem ordering 4 adult CS's for myself, DH, DD6, and DS4 with the DDP. We did it at Pizza Planet, Cosmic Ray's, Pecos Bill's, and Pizzafari. My kids didn't care for the kids meal choices either. None of the CM's ever said anything when I ordered them. The card did say "2 adults 2 child."
Good to hear even though DGS (5) loves Mac & cheese and will probable want that but if he wanted an adult mealwe should be able to get it. 1 question if he ordered a kids meal does he get a dessert from the list or is the applesauce the dessert? :cool1: :sunny: :cheer2: :cheer2: :woohoo:

Just be prepared to be willing to split up your orders. Several people here have had problems trying to order more adult CS meals than were listed on their card. I think it depends on the CM who rings you up. I've read postings from people who had this happens at Columbia Harbour House, Pinnochio Haus, and Pecos Bill's, so it's not that strange of an event.

english rose 47 said:
Good to hear even though DGS (5) loves Mac & cheese and will probable want that but if he wanted an adult mealwe should be able to get it. 1 question if he ordered a kids meal does he get a dessert from the list or is the applesauce the dessert? :cool1: :sunny: :cheer2: :cheer2: :woohoo:

He should get another dessert. I specifically asked at Tusker house and we were able to order 4 adult desserts with our 2 A, 2 c meals

Thank you for your replies they are all really helpful. Another thing i thought of has anyone actually asked a cm if their child could get something else then the couple choices they have maybe their child is allergic to peanuts or they just don't like the choices.

krysmas said:
Thank you for your replies they are all really helpful. Another thing i thought of has anyone actually asked a cm if their child could get something else then the couple choices they have maybe their child is allergic to peanuts or they just don't like the choices.

No. It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission sometimes in cases like this. Just order the food you want and hand over your card. If they question it, ask them to do it in 2 orders. If they question that, go to a different line.

Until Disney officially changes the way they do the dining plan, you can order all the counter service meals at one time if that's what you are inclined to do.

So the credits are not divided by age (?)... meaning 2a + 2c x7 days becomes 28 credits and not 14a/14c?
:banana: Hope that makes sense... lol!

If so, that is weird... should have hired someone like my dh to write their code, me thinks.... he is so technical about stuff like this.

I wouldnt count on that. This is not what I think WDW intended. However, until the credits are *officially* split (c & A) you could have the 2 adults each get 2 adult meals, if your 2 kids dont want kids meals at a CS. FOR NOW, as far as I can tell, you can still pay OOP for kids meals at TS. Since the credits are still *pooled* you could use the credits for more expensive things such as an adult's meal. Until the credits are seperated child from adult.

We will have the opposite problem. Our 10 yr old DD is priced as an adult and will order off of the child's menu. I'm leaning towards just paying OOP for her meals and using the extra credits for CG and our travel days. I hope this is okay to do.

Just a thought. Our kids don't eat that much so we would split 2 CS at the resort each morning for breakfast (eat it in the room) between all 4 of us. The resort didn't have "kids''" breakfasts so our portions were huge (4 pancakes with 2 sausages per 1 CS, for example). We then split 2 adult CS meals at lunch in the parks and that was also more than enough for all 4 of us. We would eat our big TS at dinner and never split meals at dinner. Depending on how much your kids eat, this may work for you.
Let me add that my husband would order the meals while I sat at a table with the kids so there would be no question about who the meals were for.

rlrx said:
Just a thought. Our kids don't eat that much so we would split 2 CS at the resort each morning for breakfast (eat it in the room) between all 4 of us. The resort didn't have "kids''" breakfasts so our portions were huge (4 pancakes with 2 sausages per 1 CS, for example). We then split 2 adult CS meals at lunch in the parks and that was also more than enough for all 4 of us. We would eat our big TS at dinner and never split meals at dinner. Depending on how much your kids eat, this may work for you.
Let me add that my husband would order the meals while I sat at a table with the kids so there would be no question about who the meals were for.

That is a great suggestion. Thanks!

I love these boards... :yay:

rlrx said:

That's exactly what we did. There were, however, several times at the end of the week that I ordered 3 A meals using my card that said 2A/2C and I was never questioned. (Pecos Bills, Pop food court, Blizzard Beach)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter