Cure for jet lag? Your suggestions, please!

Puget Peach

My name is Puget Peach and I'm a Disneyholic!
Coming from the West coast to the east it's over five hours flying time and a total of 10 hours for me from the time out my front door until my feet hit Disney soil. :cloud9: Nights are great, I can easily go until 3:00 am Eastern time. :woohoo: Oh, but the mornings! :eek: And my stomach (and other bodily functions) :rolleyes1 seem to stay on Pacific time no matter what I do:confused3 Rope drop? Yeah, in my sleep! Any suggestions?

I work in an office where several of my colleagues travel from coast to coast each week. They all swear by Emergen-C - they say if they drink it in the morning, it gives them a boost of energy and it also keeps them from getting sick. I've used it when I'm feely drowsy or if I'm having a busy week and I can attest that it does give me a boost of energy! You can find it at Target.

I am surprised. To me the best cure for jet lag is Disney World!!!

Thanks for the comments. When I said rope drop in my sleep, I really meant it! I've fallen asleep on the bus on the way to the park to get to rope drop before:lmao:.

NO caffeine.

For the flight, drink lots of water. Get up and stroll around the plane as much as possible. Sedentary doesn't help.

One of my tactics is to take a red eye flight and force myself to stay awake when I arrive (no naps allowed, except maybe in The Hall of Presidents) and then go to bed on the local time. I'm strung out on arrival day, but seem to only suffer the sleepy head that first day. However, my stomach does not adjust that well. I'm hungry when I wake up, so I eat something, then at my regular meal time, I'm starving! I feel like a hobbit, having second breakfast:lmao:. My other bodily functions also stay on West Coast time, so I'm taking valuable touring time out in the ladies room:scared1:. Has anyone tried to get their digestive system on the program? I absolutely won't have caffein within 24 hours of flying, because that is extremely problematic later. Other ideas? I'd like to be able to "go" :rolleyes1 before I get to the parks in the morning!

NO caffeine.

For the flight, drink lots of water. Get up and stroll around the plane as much as possible. Sedentary doesn't help.

I think the no caffeine is important. Good luck! Those time changes can be killers.

Not sure if this would help or not but we used No Jet Lag pills for our flight to Ireland. I don't sleep well on planes so I didn't get much sleep 24 hours, but the pills helped me from being too tired and "out of it". It's all natural and can be purchased on Amazon. I was not able to find it in local stores.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter