Curious question, using regular disney gift card to get F&W gift card lanyard?

Ducky'sMom

Mom to a smol bean and a spicy potato <3
So I've been using my Redcard discount religiously for Disney gift cards with a plan to use them even for food and expenses in the park (other than tip of course). My husband has finally gotten on the excitement bandwagon and is looking forward to food and wine particularly. I showed him some info from last year's F&W and he really wants to get a F&W gift card with lanyard (he collects lanyards). Is it possible to use one of my Target Disney gift cards for a special gift card like that? (If they carry it this year.) It may sound silly, but $10 saved is 2 F&W snacks or a special treat for our daughter!

No - they don’t let u buy a gift card with a gift card

I would just plan to pay cash straight up for that

Use your magic band and charge the F&W giftcard to your room. Go the resort front desk and pay all charges made to your magic band with your Disney giftcard before midnight the day before checkout to avoid them charging your credit card on file.

Use your magic band and charge the F&W giftcard to your room. Go the resort front desk and pay all charges made to your magic band with your Disney giftcard before midnight the day before checkout to avoid them charging your credit card on file.

You can’t charge go to your room - we tried this this past f&W and the cm said it couldn’t be done - has to be cash

Thanks for the replies! I just wanted to know before we got there and tried it.

I wonder if you could buy a low amount on the F&W gift card and add it to the gift card website, then transfer your other amounts to the F&W gift card.

I wonder if you could buy a low amount on the F&W gift card and add it to the gift card website, then transfer your other amounts to the F&W gift card.

Yes, but there is a social bundle you can get if you put I thin 260 on it at once - lanyard, pin, and something else

So I've been using my Redcard discount religiously for Disney gift cards with a plan to use them even for food and expenses in the park (other than tip of course). My husband has finally gotten on the excitement bandwagon and is looking forward to food and wine particularly. I showed him some info from last year's F&W and he really wants to get a F&W gift card with lanyard (he collects lanyards). Is it possible to use one of my Target Disney gift cards for a special gift card like that? (If they carry it this year.) It may sound silly, but $10 saved is 2 F&W snacks or a special treat for our daughter!

:offtopic:...Can tip not be charged to/paid with a gift card?

It doesn't have to be to cash. I have always used a credit card for these special gift cards.
Cash or CC works. You just cannot charge it with your MB or pay with GCs. I have bought the wrist size F&W GCs in the past and just loaded them with the minimum amount. Then I "recharge" them by transferring $$ from my other Disney GCs using the website.

Cash or CC works. You just cannot charge it with your MB or pay with GCs. I have bought the wrist size F&W GCs in the past and just loaded them with the minimum amount. Then I "recharge" them by transferring $$ from my other Disney GCs using the website.
That is what I did last year.

I bought the minimum, then logged in and moved the rest of what I really wanted on the card. I still have that card, with zero on it, but I will load it up before our September trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter