Curious what people are doing with summer reservations?

We go every August and plan on keeping our plans for this August too. I asked my kids if they are okay wearing masks and they said they want to go to Disney so much they don’t mind wearing masks at all.
I have 4 days at BLT, 4 day cruise on the Dream and 3 days at BCV. I plan on making a reservation for the 4 nights we would be on the cruise in case it gets cancelled. We need to go to our happy place.
May I ask how old the kids are? We don't anticipate the same cooperation

We had last week of July and cancelled and then decided to book last week of August. We are going with friends with children 5, 8 & 9. They are worried so we will either try to downgrade the room or cancel and rebook to not loose the points we cannot bank if they back out.
The two boys (5 & 8) are NO on mask wearing. They stay home now to avoid it.

We got DS8 some neck gaiters. He’s been wearing them a little farther on our mile walk. Getting better each day. And he’s super sensitive to things like that.

ILOVEMYDVC my kids are 15 and 16. I think they are so tired of being home for so long they will do anything to go someplace. They have been so good with wearing their masks the few times we have been outside and they’ve always been good washing their hands. I am an emergency room nurse and they understand the severity of what’s going on around them. Now once we get there and the heat and humidity hits them, it might be a different story.

Assuming Disney is open, and Gov. DeSantis' quarantine order is lifted, we plan on being there the beginning of August

Assuming Disney is open, and Gov. DeSantis' quarantine order is lifted, we plan on being there the beginning of August
Florida is open. Not sure what folks mean when they say Disney is waiting for order to be lifted. They are 2 weeks into phase 1 opening. Their phase 1, though, has a lot open..state parks, restaurants, beaches...

Sadly, if Disney doesn’t make an announcement by the end of this week, we will be 31 days from our stay and will have to cancel. I need to know what I am getting myself into in order to keep our stay (status of parks, ADRs, etc). It would have been our first DVC stay as owners so watching the countdown to your vacation lately has felt like watching the countdown of doom. We originally had a cash stay and partially replaced that with the DVC stay once we became owners, then when things were so uncertain, booked another back up cash stay, but I have grown weary so we may just cancel all of it.

Well, since FL requires a 14 day self quarantine for people coming from NJ, we are cancelling our 4th of July reservations...they are good ones, but our health is more important.

ILOVEMYDVC my kids are 15 and 16. I think they are so tired of being home for so long they will do anything to go someplace. They have been so good with wearing their masks the few times we have been outside and they’ve always been good washing their hands. I am an emergency room nurse and they understand the severity of what’s going on around them. Now once we get there and the heat and humidity hits them, it might be a different story.

They are old enough to understand and comply. Not sure the 5 & 8 are going to "get there".

I'm still hanging on to my 7/19-21 reservation at VGC. Probably will until 6/19 to see what is on the horizon. Newsom just classified Disneyland as a Stage 3 reopening, which "might be weeks away". I suspect reopening is still going to be closer to September, but since the replacement trip for those points would be April 2021, I'd still be far enough away from the 7 month mark before my 30 days from this trip comes around to rebook those June 2020 UY points.

Next few trips would be with 12, 13, and 14 year old kids who are fine with mask wearing (and DS has been wearing his in Hawaii humidity for the last few months, says its fine). No way I'd take my 2 year old germ factory, but these next couple of trips were supposed to be big kids only anyways.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!