Cut Off Time for Flight Arrival and Going to Park

For our flight arriving at 12:30pn, I figure we won't be at the park until 4 or 4:30pn. An I being too conservative?

Three weeks ago I landed at 10:23 and I was walking into Epcot at 1:08. That included taking DME to Wilderness Lodge, checking in, dropping our carry on bags off in our room, grabbing a snack, and waiting for the bus, which made a stop at Fort Wilderness before going to Epcot.

Three weeks ago I landed at 10:23 and I was walking into Epcot at 1:08. That included taking DME to Wilderness Lodge, checking in, dropping our carry on bags off in our room, grabbing a snack, and waiting for the bus, which made a stop at Fort Wilderness before going to Epcot.
2:40 from landing to park? That's REALLY good. I would not plan on that happening again (if it did, great, I'm talking planning).

2:40 from landing to park? That's REALLY good. I would not plan on that happening again (if it did, great, I'm talking planning).

Yeah that's definitely a record for us. We had a string of really good luck with timing on this trip, which I think was just good karma finally catching up with us after having several things go wrong just before our trip, to the point where I wasn't sure we would actually make it until we were sitting on the ME bus :laughing: And our room was ready when we checked in, which hasn't happened in years, since they converted half of the WL rooms to DVC.

We were meeting up with my friend at Epcot and I had booked us overlapping Fastpasses at Spaceship Earth for 12:30-1:30, which, as we got closer to the trip, I realized was really dumb and we probably wouldn't make it. My friend was a Disney newbie but I know better than that. Obviously we made it, but I won't be repeating that next time :upsidedow

Sounds like that might not be typical timing, but not bad at all!

What time would you arrive at the park? You would still have time before it closed? For our flight arriving at 12:30pn, I figure we won't be at the park until 4 or 4:30pn. An I being too conservative?

Sorry, I just saw this. No, you are not being too conservative of your time. Your time allows for delays with transportation or stops you might need/want to make. My message that you quoted was for me arriving at the hotel by 6 pm, not what time I flew/drove in. I tend to estimate that I should be able to drop my luggage in my room and get a bus to a park within 90-120 minutes upon arrival at the resort. It is usually more like 60-90 minutes most times though.

I tend to pick either the closest park to my resort or the park with the latest hours for my first day arrival.

OP since you are international you will need to get the bags. Edited out my bad info.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/f...gical-express-international-luggage-claiming/
If your first point of entry into the US is Orlando, you cannot use the luggage service portion of DME.

All of those are wrong. Canadians can use the incoming DME. Once through US Customs in Toronto the flight is considered to be US domestic.
It may be different coming from YYZ, though, since you’d clear US CBP there. That said, I don’t believe DME mails the luggage tags outside of the USA.
They do mail the DME tags to Canada. Get them all the time. A flight from a Canadian airport that has US Customs clearance is considered domestic.

What we can’t us is RAC on the way back.

All of those are wrong. Canadians can use the incoming DME. Once through US Customs in Toronto the flight is considered to be US domestic.

They do mail the DME tags to Canada. Get them all the time. A flight from a Canadian airport that has US Customs clearance is considered domestic.

Thanks for clarifying!

for a short trip I’d take any amount of time at all in the parks on arrival and departure day. We never go parks on our arrival day but we take long trips and arrival day is always the Saturday after thanksgiving which is pretty crowded. We usually do chef mickeys on arrival night so kids can see the main characters and get that “were in Disney” feeling

Our trip isn't until August so it's not confirmed, but Touring Plans estimates MK closes at 10pm. I was thinking of having HS or Epcot as our first night becuase of the Skyliner, but since it's such a short trip, if we are going to repeat a park, we prefer MK.

Also with current plans, we have HS the next morning and will try for a boarding pass if that's still around.

Our trip is 3 full days plus arrival, so we bought the 4 day Canadian (minimum number of days). So we have 4 days anyways....but just wondering when it's no longer worthwhile heading to the park.
Once you said you have a 4 day ticket regardless then for me there's only 1 answer. Yes, definitely go. Book 3 FPs say at 5, 6 & 7p. You'll be able to show up for FP#1 as late 6p. Having 3 FPs will make efficient use of your shorter time in MK and give your other day at MK a big head start. Do it :D If you don't want to burn yourselves out, leave before the fireworks.

Cool! Do you fly from Toronto or another city?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts