Cut Off Time for Flight Arrival and Going to Park

Makes sense...and not a black and white answer. For us...

1) Arrival time (obviously) ...flight arrives 12:30pm
2) Park closing time ...looks like 10pm
3) Estimated start time the next day (my family are NOT early risers) ...looks like HS opens at 9am so get there for around 8am
4) Estimated time of getting back to the resort 10pm? Need to be careful as can't have early start and late end all 3.5 days
5) Cost of the ticket for the day ...no additional cost as included in CAD tickets
Assuming Disney transportation, I would want to be at the resort bus stop around 7:15am the next day. So that means probably getting up at 6. If I was back in the room at 10p the night before, I'm fine. But if I was staying until park close the night before, then have to get back to the resort and get ready for bed, that would leave probably only ~6 hours of sleep. So eh, maybe.

The bus from Pop is your best option to the MK. They run regularly.
you said about uber to MK but that will not get you to gate. drop off is at TTC so you would still need to either monorail or ferry or drop off at Contemp and walk to MK. not sure it will save you time
Thanks! I don't know Disney World so just assumed that Uber would be quicker but if the bus from Pop to MK is more efficient or the sane, then may as well use the included transportation. The bus drops you off at the gate?

Assuming Disney transportation, I would want to be at the resort bus stop around 7:15am the next day. So that means probably getting up at 6. If I was back in the room at 10p the night before, I'm fine. But if I was staying until park close the night before, then have to get back to the resort and get ready for bed, that would leave probably only ~6 hours of sleep. So eh, maybe.
Yes true. We'll probably just see how we feel that first night. Our next day is HS and if boarding groups still exist in August, then I've heard that Skyliner doesn't even get you there in time. If boarding groups are gone by then, then wouldn't rope drop.

Thanks! I don't know Disney World so just assumed that Uber would be quicker but if the bus from Pop to MK is more efficient or the sane, then may as well use the included transportation. The bus drops you off at the gate?
as close as you can get from Pop

Yes, the buses will drop you off right at the main entrance to Magic Kingdom. The only option other than that which will get you that close is the Minnie Vans, which drop off at the MK bus depot as well. Uber/Lyft are not permitted to drop off at MK.

As long as I can get to a park before it closes, I go! I always have either an AP or hopper to cover my length of stay, so I'm not burning a day off a ticket. I've landed after 6:00pm and still enjoyed several hours in the parks.

Thanks for the info and clarifying. I will change our plans to just use the bus then.
In that situation, I would decide whether to bus or Uber after getting checked in and seeing how long you have until your first FP. If it was right, I’d Uber to Contemporary and hoof it. We almost always use Disney transport but Ive been burned by both bus and monorail before.

Flying, if I arrive at the hotel before 6 pm, I tend to head to a park for a bit if I have an AP or the price of the extra day is not too great. Even then, I usually use the available WDW transportation unless I make a last minute reservation that means I need to hurry up.

Flying, if I arrive at the hotel before 6 pm, I tend to head to a park for a bit if I have an AP or the price of the extra day is not too great. Even then, I usually use the available WDW transportation unless I make a last minute reservation that means I need to hurry up.
What time would you arrive at the park? You would still have time before it closed? For our flight arriving at 12:30pn, I figure we won't be at the park until 4 or 4:30pn. An I being too conservative?

What time would you arrive at the park? You would still have time before it closed? For our flight arriving at 12:30pn, I figure we won't be at the park until 4 or 4:30pn. An I being too conservative?
Probably. If you arrive at 12:30p and using DME for transportation to your hotel, you should be at your resort by 2, ready to hop on a bus/train/monorail/skyliner by 2:30. So at the park around 3 - 3:30.

Probably. If you arrive at 12:30p and using DME for transportation to your hotel, you should be at your resort by 2, ready to hop on a bus/train/monorail/skyliner by 2:30. So at the park around 3 - 3:30.
Thanks! Yes we would use DME to Pop. Check in and quick unpack if room is ready (I will pack accordingly with stuff on top that we will need), and then sounds like the bus is the best option to get to MK. I like your timing better so hopefully that quick. :)

Thanks! Yes we would use DME to Pop. Check in and quick unpack if room is ready (I will pack accordingly with stuff on top that we will need), and then sounds like the bus is the best option to get to MK. I like your timing better so hopefully that quick. :)
Keep in mind, I didn't count time to go to the room and unpack. I was just counting check in and drop carry ons w/luggage services.

We’d go to the park! Unless you are getting your checked luggage yourself you won’t have it to unpack right away. If you are grabbing your own checked luggage, I’d Uber to pop and bus to MK.

We’d go to the park! Unless you are getting your checked luggage yourself you won’t have it to unpack right away. If you are grabbing your own checked luggage, I’d Uber to pop and bus to MK.
What do you mean by this? With Magical Express, do they take care of your luggage and deliver it to your resort?

Last edited:
What do you mean by this? With MDE, do they take care of your luggage and deliver it to your resort?
Yes. If you've signed up for DME, they should send you luggage tags to put on your bags. The crews at MCO (this only applies if you're flying into to MCO) will pull the bags before they appear at baggage claim and they'll show up in your room (3-4 hours after you check in). If you don't get the Disney luggage tags, you can let DME know when you check in for the bus ride and give them your airline luggage tickets and they'll still get them to your room.

Yes. If you've signed up for DME, they should send you luggage tags to put on your bags. The crews at MCO (this only applies if you're flying into to MCO) will pull the bags before they appear at baggage claim and they'll show up in your room (3-4 hours after you check in). If you don't get the Disney luggage tags, you can let DME know when you check in for the bus ride and give them your airline luggage tickets and they'll still get them to your room.
They do, but it will take up to 4 hours for you to get it delivered.

Didn't realize this. When I called to adjust our resort price and purchase tickets, the agent mentioned the magical express and I signed up, but didn't know that they take care of your luggage too. We are coming from Canada (Toronto) to MCO, but I assume it works for us too.

With the delay in luggage, we would need to make sure we have travel size sunscreen on us, plus whatever else we need at the park.

Are there horror stories of luggage getting lost or is it pretty reliable? Our Disney park days are just prior to a cruise, so I'm just imagining the nightmare if our luggage never made it to our room at Pop. But it does sound convenient and would save us time not having to wait for luggage when we get off the plane.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter