Cut Off Time for Flight Arrival and Going to Park

Didn't realize this. When I called to adjust our resort price and purchase tickets, the agent mentioned the magical express and I signed up, but didn't know that they take care of your luggage too. We are coming from Canada (Toronto) to MCO, but I assume it works for us too.

With the delay in luggage, we would need to make sure we have travel size sunscreen on us, plus whatever else we need at the park.

Are there horror stories of luggage getting lost or is it pretty reliable? Our Disney park days are just prior to a cruise, so I'm just imagining the nightmare if our luggage never made it to our room at Pop. But it does sound convenient and would save us time not having to wait for luggage when we get off the plane.

OP since you are international you will need to get the bags. Edited out my bad info.

Last edited:
Thanks. Yeah, was thinking of aiming for 4pm or 4:30pm for the first one, depending on the time. We won't get a 4th one, but at least we should get our 3 favorites.

True...fireworks alone are worth it.

Perfect. Thanks. Too bad Skyliner doesn't go right to MK, but hoping it will be efficient catching a taxi or uber from Pop.
Taxi and Uber don't go right to the MK, either. You'll get dropped off at the TTC. A bus from Pop will drop you at the front gates of the MK.

IMO, there are a lot of variables...

1) Arrival time (obviously)
2) Park closing time
3) Estimated start time the next day (my family are NOT early risers)
4) Estimated time of getting back to the resort
5) Cost of the ticket for the day

So "it depends".
Would I pay an extra $100 pp for three hours in a park, to get back to the resort at midnight and need to be up at 6 the next morning? No.
Would I pay an extra $10 pp for three hours in a park, to get back to the resort at 11 and need to be up at 8 the next morning? Probably
You forgot another variable in August ~ weather. At that time of day, it will more than likely be raining/storming.

Taxi and Uber don't go right to the MK, either. You'll get dropped off at the TTC. A bus from Pop will drop you at the front gates of the MK.
Yeah...I am told to expect daily thunderstorms. :-(
Do you mean that will affect our travel time? Or what rides are open? Or maybe both.

Yeah...I am told to expect daily thunderstorms. :-(
Do you mean that will affect our travel time? Or what rides are open? Or maybe both.
It may affect your flight, how long it takes for your bags to show up on the luggage carousel (tarmac activity is shut down whenever lighting is near for the safety of workers), traffic on the highway slows when it rains so hard you literally can't see, and outside rides are closed when it storms.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/magical-express/
Domestic only.

OP, you will need to get your own bags when you arrive at MCO.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/f...gical-express-international-luggage-claiming/
If your first point of entry into the US is Orlando, you cannot use the luggage service portion of DME.

Thanks for mentioning the luggage drop off won't work for us and we'll need to pick up our luggage ourselves. Flying direct from Person to MCO

Thanks for mentioning the luggage drop off won't work for us and we'll need to pick up our luggage ourselves. Flying direct from Person to MCO

Sorry for the bad info earlier. I haven't had DME deliver my luggage in a while and missed the Canada rules. Sorry about that!

It may be different coming from YYZ, though, since you’d clear US CBP there. That said, I don’t believe DME mails the luggage tags outside of the USA.

A little different circumstances but we drive down and usually arrive between 1 -3 ( depends on who does the most driving). We check in on line before but if I haven't received a room ready text we go to the front desk to let them know we are there. The usually at least know what building we are going to be in so we can move the car. If the room isn't ready, we move the car and just hop on a bus and head out to a park. If the room is ready, we drop off our bags, go to the bathroom and head of on a bus to a park. Since you have to get your bags, if your room isn't ready they will store them for you but you will have to pick them up when you come back to the resort, they won't deliver them to the room unless they pick them up. At least that is how it works if you store them not using the disney bus from the airport. The only different thing we do is we don't plan that first day park (o.k. that's a slight fib since we don't plan any of our days). We just go to the bus stop and look at the arrival TVs and get in line for the next bus.

A little different circumstances but we drive down and usually arrive between 1 -3 ( depends on who does the most driving). We check in on line before but if I haven't received a room ready text we go to the front desk to let them know we are there. The usually at least know what building we are going to be in so we can move the car. If the room isn't ready, we move the car and just hop on a bus and head out to a park. If the room is ready, we drop off our bags, go to the bathroom and head of on a bus to a park. Since you have to get your bags, if your room isn't ready they will store them for you but you will have to pick them up when you come back to the resort, they won't deliver them to the room unless they pick them up. At least that is how it works if you store them not using the disney bus from the airport. The only different thing we do is we don't plan that first day park (o.k. that's a slight fib since we don't plan any of our days). We just go to the bus stop and look at the arrival TVs and get in line for the next bus.
Thanks for sharing. It's good that they'll store your bags for you if the room isn't ready. We'll need to take into account that we'll need to pick them up and unpack when deciding when to return to our hotel on that first night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter