Cute christmans Idea from Disney CM!

Anne MN

DIS Veteran
I was on the phone with a very nice and helpful CM tonight!

I was trying to find out a few specific questions. One was about jogger strollers. She put me on hold and call one of the CM's at the park and asked my specific question. I was told that there are no restrictions on strollers. ( I had read somewhere that if the parks get really busy they will not allow jogger type strollers in the park)

The CM gave me a really cute idea for christmas. We will be there over christmas and she mentioned that you can call disney floral and have a tree set up in your room complete with disney decorations! and when you check out, they will ship it home to you!

What a lovely idea...i am staying on I-drive I wonder if their is a service that would provide the same thing.

While it is cute it is very very expensive....I think the 4ft tree is about $200.....We just brought a 4ft tree from home decorated it with ornaments and then donated the tree to someone in housekeeping (they were very greatful).. It worked out great and only cost me $12 for the tree on clearance...

I know it would be expensive. It is Disney.

The CM was just giving me some ideas because we will be there over christmas. She also told me that if we wanted to "suprise" the kids, we could ship presents from home by UPS and they would keep them at the resort front desk. also said that people have hung stocking in the room at christmas time.

Anne -

We did Christmas at WDW this year and did indeed send our presents and Santa goodies down prior to our arrival. I had a tracking number, so I followed their travels and knew when they had arrived. I then called the resort to confirm they did have the packages. We were real sneaky with them, too, having marked a code on what box was packages and what box was Santa. We opened the package box as the kids were going to sleep so they saw us emptying them. Once asleep, we also emptied the Santa goodies into a now empty suitcase and left the two empty boxes out. As far as they knew (especially for our suspicious 3rd grader), no secret stash had been sent down. Does this all make sense?

We also arranged for a Gifts of Lifetime present for our kids where the idea was that Mickey had lost the presents from Santa, and we were sent on a scavenger hunt to find them. The absolute best was in the Haunted Mansion during the thunder/darkness scene in the stretch elevator when everyone looks up at the hanging body, one clue was secretly placed around our son's neck. It was an incredible surprise for all of us!!

We had planned on a Disney Florist tree, but with the cost of $200, our plans changed. I purchased a 4 foot pre-lit tree from Michaels, and we checked it in with our luggage. Menards had Disney lights on sale (princess, pooh, Fab 5), and then I made Mickey ornaments out of glass ball ornaments and hot glue. It worked out terrifically and saved significant money.

Enjoy your future trip. Disney is so magical at Christmas.

THanks for the idesa! I have 3 DD's. 2 will be in 4th grade, so it will be intresting to see how we do christmas stuff.

Our trip is something special for one of the twins. She picked it as a present. (she will be having another surgery next friday)

the last time we were there was right before surgery #2, this will be #6 i think. (hopefully this will be the last one, but they said that after #3!)

just to give you a little hint on her, she is 9 is 40 lbs and is 45 inches tall. (her twin is 68 lbs and 54 inches tall) her little sister is 3. 32 lbs and almost as tall.

she LOVES Disney and the princeses, tried last time for CRT but no openings!! tried for 2 weeks! I WILL get it this time!!

She is looking forward to going, she will be adding most of the new disney bobbleheads to her collection. (they have over 400 now!! and baseball season has not even started yet!!)

Originally posted by zurgswife
While it is cute it is very very expensive....I think the 4ft tree is about $200.....We just brought a 4ft tree from home decorated it with ornaments and then donated the tree to someone in housekeeping (they were very greatful).. It worked out great and only cost me $12 for the tree on clearance...

Thanks for sharing. We'll be there for Christmas and I really want to have a tree in our room. I knew about the Disney Florist, but I do not want to spend that much. I hope I'll be able to find a few Disney Christmas lights to hang around the window.

How did you get your tree to disney?

If we don't take one from here, I guess we could just take a cab to Target and pick up one.

I'm thinking of getting a few boxes of Christmas cards and small candy canes to give out to CMs on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter