D23: The Ultimate Disney Fan Event 8/9/24-8/11/24 **Tickets on sale 3/26** **Sold Out on 3/29**

Not surprised on Sunday lagging. end of weekend and legends combined is a hard sell.
OK, first time D23 Event attendee and at the risk of being chastised I have a question for y'all. We have our 3 day Ultimate Fan passes, which we luckily got yesterday. We also want to do the D23 Day in the parks on 8/8. I am unclear in the way the write up was done for the 8/8 event whether parks entry needs a ticket or just the D23 event pass. I presumed we needed tickets but all of the references to D23 ticketed participants has me wondering if I am reading it wrong. Can anyone who has participated before give me a definitive answer? Thanks a bunch!
Need ticket for entry; D23 stuff going to be there like an extra float in the parade and probably a marquee banner and limited merch and food items scattered around.

Right, tomorrow is basically the "people who didn't pay attention or somehow don't have a single Visa card" group, so umm... basically no one?

"Excuse me, all I have is a Discover card, and I demand front row of Level 200!"
Well they'll have exclusive rights to the 100s

I got in line late today, they just "paused" the line at around 4:40pm :( looks like it might be shutdown for the day? Says available at 12pm PT tomorrow (I hate anything that says 12) - is that noon or midnight lol?

I feel like this year there was maybe more publicity than usual for this D23, too. With all the talk of "ultimate" fan event. I don't know...

Then there's also the fact that you could guarantee a spot at the Honda Center. In 2022 DH and I met a young woman in line for something and her statement of "I'm literally going to slit my wrist if I don't get into the Marvel panel tomorrow" really stuck with us. Bumped into her again at the end of the weekend and she said she made it into the panel but was one of the last let in and it was so stressful for her that she was thinking of not going back to the expo. So for someone like her who might have been jaded, the ability to reserve seats might have brought her back.

We were just happy to see she survived!

I got in line late today, they just "paused" the line at around 4:40pm :( looks like it might be shutdown for the day? Says available at 12pm PT tomorrow (I hate anything that says 12) - is that noon or midnight lol?
Noon! Only preferred tickets left and single day convention center tickets for Sunday

Today was a better experience than yesterday. I'm surprised I got a low number under 5k on 1 device and yesterday had 4 devices running and my lowest was 16k. Obviously didn't make it yesterday. Even with the number I had today it still took over an hour. I really wanted the 3day ultimate fan but that was gone. Ended up with preferred 3 day but holy moly that still was a sticker shock price when you were picking seats. I saw the graph initially but didn't realize those were the only seats available. I hated how if there were only 2 seats in a row you couldn't book it because you couldn't leave 1 by itself. So you literally had to wait for another person to grab a seat and then you could take that one.
I am really hoping they will have screens set up because even with floor further back it may be harder to see.

I know the accessible seating was basically first row in the floor section of each section but how many people are actually gonna honor that system. They should have done a mixture of normal seats in the front row too.

Tomorrow is gonna be interesting if it's only going to be what was remaining. I have some family members that now may want to go and of course and am working a 12 hour so fingers crosss.

Today was a better experience than yesterday. I'm surprised I got a low number under 5k on 1 device and yesterday had 4 devices running and my lowest was 16k. Obviously didn't make it yesterday. Even with the number I had today it still took over an hour. I really wanted the 3day ultimate fan but that was gone. Ended up with preferred 3 day but holy moly that still was a sticker shock price when you were picking seats. I saw the graph initially but didn't realize those were the only seats available. I hated how if there were only 2 seats in a row you couldn't book it because you couldn't leave 1 by itself. So you literally had to wait for another person to grab a seat and then you could take that one.
I am really hoping they will have screens set up because even with floor further back it may be harder to see.

I know the accessible seating was basically first row in the floor section of each section but how many people are actually gonna honor that system. They should have done a mixture of normal seats in the front row too.

Tomorrow is gonna be interesting if it's only going to be what was remaining. I have some family members that now may want to go and of course and am working a 12 hour so fingers crosss.
I don't understand, you got a 5K number but by the time you got through only preferred was available? I thought all sections were still available by the early part of tickets sales today

I don't understand, you got a 5K number but by the time you got through only preferred was available? I thought all sections were still available by the early part of tickets sales today
I wanted one where I had the same seats at the Honda center each day. I didn't want to waste time looking for each day individually. Hence I was disappointed the ulitmate fan 3 day was sold out already.

Yikes!! I can imagine that chaos...no thank you...
The chaos from what I remember from my friends that were at the expo was more from those that had to go get the super cheap park tickets they were selling if you didn’t already have park admission that day. I watched from the day guest area that they let people start waiting for about 3 hours before showtime as the d23 area was the dinning package viewing.

D23 Newbie. Now that only the $999 tickets (out of my budget) and $89 one day "Convention Area Access Only" tickets are all that remain - is that ticket just to access vendor and Disney items to buy? Or is there something fun for a non-shopper fan to see/do that would justify the $89 and hotel expenses?

D23 Newbie. Now that only the $999 tickets (out of my budget) and $89 one day "Convention Area Access Only" tickets are all that remain - is that ticket just to access vendor and Disney items to buy? Or is there something fun for a non-shopper fan to see/do that would justify the $89 and hotel expenses?
You’ll be able to access everything at ACC. So the 4 other stages for all the daytime panels, shopping, the archives exhibit, and vendor pavilions. There’s usually a WDI pavilion with all sorts of future project models on display. I would go for the show floor and daytime panels if you can.

There's A LOT to see on the convention floor along with the panels on the 4 stages that's not Hall D23 (now Honda Center) presentations.

IMHO, the floor is a lot more representative of Disney magic than the premier shows. There's official showcases from different parts of Disney along with 3rd party vendors for their merch. Lots of photo ops, signings, and really liked the small panel guests that happen throughout the days at each showcase.

Then there are the smaller panels too that have a lot to offer. If you're a legacy/historical person, there's LOTS of those really nice panels too.

It's a great Con IMHO. Not crazy like San Diego Comic Con that's happening just a few weeks earlier.

My first D23 Expo was 2022. I'd previously gone to a couple of Destination D events in Florida, and figured I should go to the Expo once. But I also prefer smaller events - I wasn't sure I would enjoy the Expo. I decided to buy a Sunday-only ticket just to get a taste of the experience.

It was perfect. By Sunday, most people had done the various exhibits, so the lines were short. The crazy shopping lines were a lot shorter (especially during the larger panels), and most of the merch was still available. I was mostly aiming for the more under-the-radar panels, and they were all terrific. I didn't bother with the showcase panel that morning - just didn't seem worth the hassle, and I had no regrets.

It was perfect. I absolutely loved it, to the point that I'm making the trip back this year.

I would highly highly recommend that.

My first D23 Expo was 2022. I'd previously gone to a couple of Destination D events in Florida, and figured I should go to the Expo once. But I also prefer smaller events - I wasn't sure I would enjoy the Expo. I decided to buy a Sunday-only ticket just to get a taste of the experience.

It was perfect. By Sunday, most people had done the various exhibits, so the lines were short. The crazy shopping lines were a lot shorter (especially during the larger panels), and most of the merch was still available. I was mostly aiming for the more under-the-radar panels, and they were all terrific. I didn't bother with the showcase panel that morning - just didn't seem worth the hassle, and I had no regrets.

It was perfect. I absolutely loved it, to the point that I'm making the trip back this year.

I would highly highly recommend that.
Are you going for the 3 days this time or just a single day again?

I wonder if they're gonna pack more panels in main stage at convention area knowing that the bigger main panels are at Honda. Debating if I want to go to legends or fly back that Sunday too. I guess I will have to see how this works with the bus transportation.

Are you going for the 3 days this time or just a single day again?
Saturday/Sunday this time. I was just going to do Sunday, but decided to grab a Saturday ticket for Honda Center. I figured if I could get a guaranteed seat and not have to wait in line (unlike 2022), it might be worth doing one of the big panels once.

I'm not sure if I'll do all that much at ACC on Saturday - I may wait and get to Anaheim late morning / early afternoon to avoid some of the early craziness. (Unless there's a panel that I just can't pass up.)

Saturday/Sunday this time. I was just going to do Sunday, but decided to grab a Saturday ticket for Honda Center. I figured if I could get a guaranteed seat and not have to wait in line (unlike 2022), it might be worth doing one of the big panels once.

I'm not sure if I'll do all that much at ACC on Saturday - I may wait and get to Anaheim late morning / early afternoon to avoid some of the early craziness. (Unless there's a panel that I just can't pass up.)
Sounds like a nice plan!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter