Danube River Cruise Meets Thread

are you sitting down? $1350 each, each!

Wow! That might pay for another flight to Europe (not from where I live but from lots of places!). Great news!

The weather for the cruise was much colder and wetter than we were prepared for, I'll be doing river cruises in the future, but not in the wintertime. Snow would have been much easier to deal with than the very cold rain that we had.

Cold rain sounds miserable. We were on the Danube last year and the weather was cold but mostly sunny; this year on the Rhine it only rained a lot the morning we were sailing by the castles. Happily we were able to just bundle up! We had snow on a couple of outings and it was nice.

update on our ABD Danube Christmas markets cruise..... when last we spoke, Iceland Air was about to go on strike. I called and finally got through to Iceland Air to see if we could go out a day early and they put me on flights from SFO to Munich on Lufthansa the day we were originally scheduled to fly. We got to the airport and were informed that we'd be landing in Frankfort later than originally scheduled, when I asked if we'd make our connecting flight to Munich, we were offered a non stop to Munich, but the fly in the ointment was that we'd lose a half day in Munich and have to sit around SFO for 8 hours...... but, but, but, because we'd be delayed we were entitled to compensation..... are you sitting down? $1350 each, each!!!! Thank you very much. The weather for the cruise was much colder and wetter than we were prepared for, I'll be doing river cruises in the future, but not in the wintertime. Snow would have been much easier to deal with than the very cold rain that we had.

Wow, that is some compensation!

It looks like we are signing up for the Danube in June 2019! It will be finally be our first ABD (after 2 trips with Tauck Bridges). I am so excited to get to compare (even though I know the river cruises are a bit different from the normal trips).

I am assuming that the risk of a cancellation on one of the river cruises is low, right? Which is why they discount them occasionally to fill the boats.

I would assume it's because they're a European airline and it was a European destination. Their laws are very different from ours!

Sayhello
yes, it's because it was a European airline flying to a European destination, their first offer was $800 each, which i jumped at, but when the rebooking computer saw how delayed we were going to be, we automatically got the upper limit. I'll be sure to book European airlines exclusively for our trips to Europe...

yes, it's because it was a European airline flying to a European destination, their first offer was $800 each, which i jumped at, but when the rebooking computer saw how delayed we were going to be, we automatically got the upper limit. I'll be sure to book European airlines exclusively for our trips to Europe...
Thanks! I'll have to remember that!

Sayhello

It looks like we are signing up for the Danube in June 2019! It will be finally be our first ABD (after 2 trips with Tauck Bridges). I am so excited to get to compare (even though I know the river cruises are a bit different from the normal trips).

I am assuming that the risk of a cancellation on one of the river cruises is low, right? Which is why they discount them occasionally to fill the boats.

I was really worried about this. Our cruise definitely wasn't sold out but we had a good number of people.

I will be on the July 1st Danube cruise this summer. Anyone else booked on that date. We are looking forward to this trip of a lifetime. We will be staying in London for three days before the cruise, one night in Budapest before then four days in Prague after the cruise.

I will be on the July 1st Danube cruise this summer. Anyone else booked on that date. We are looking forward to this trip of a lifetime. We will be staying in London for three days before the cruise, one night in Budapest before then four days in Prague after the cruise.

Not on the trip but congrats! I enjoyed the Danube cruise and surprised myself by falling in love with Prague!

We booked yesterday for June 21, 2019. There are exactly two sets of connecting 3 and 2 person rooms on the ship and we nabbed the last set. I know the excitement was all about the Seine, but I am so glad we got them. I had already resigned myself to doing the Alpine Adventure with Tauck instead, which looks seriously awesome, but will now have to wait a couple years.

We booked yesterday for June 21, 2019. There are exactly two sets of connecting 3 and 2 person rooms on the ship and we nabbed the last set. I know the excitement was all about the Seine, but I am so glad we got them. I had already resigned myself to doing the Alpine Adventure with Tauck instead, which looks seriously awesome, but will now have to wait a couple years.
You will love the Danube River cruise. It's an outstanding trip! The ports and the excursions are fabulous!

Sayhello

Our Danube ABD was the trip of a lifetime. Have fun!

Love reading all these threads. We'll be doing Germany to Budapest in September. I was wondering if Euros were accepted in all of the countries on the cruise.

Thanks in advance.

Kathy

Love reading all these threads. We'll be doing Germany to Budapest in September. I was wondering if Euros were accepted in all of the countries on the cruise.

Thanks in advance.

In Budapest Hungary they use the Forint. Get ready for money where the smallest bill is 500.

Thanks in advance.

Kathy
I used Forints in Hungary, but found out after the cruise, when in Prague, that as a member of the European union, they have to accept Euros, even if it's not the preferred currency of the country. The shops there did accept my euros. I was told the same was true for Hungary, but since we'd already left there, I couldn't find out for sure if it's true or not. It *was* true in Prague, where the currency is the Czech Crown. Everywhere else used euros.

Sayhello

Thanks for the info on Euros. I think we will just bring Euros. Looking forward to our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter