dark paper question

challada

DIS Veteran
I was able to get my dark transfer paper and print them relatively easily. We tried our first round of shirts this weekend...after washing and drying some Old Navy shirts. I followed the instructions that came w/the paper, using parchment and lifting and pressing the time it says. On each shirt, however, I ended up w/small circles in one particular area of the design (a place where two grays meet...I have blue circles). They look like they are probably from the bottom of my iron. I made sure there was no water in the iron and the rest came out OK. So, was my iron too hot (temperature was not specified in the instructions so I assumed cotton like the other transfers)? Did I press too hard for the darker dye area?

I have 16 more shirts to do and the others are darker designs on dark shirts. I've printed everything, just want to get my ironing right.

The paper I am using is from New****ord who sells on ebay and had good reviews there.

THANKS
Chris

I would guess the iron was too hot and you didn't move it around enough. I had the same problem with my first dark transfer shirt (got the paper from Ebay). I lowered the temp and only ironed for about 10-15 seconds at a time and moved the iron constantly. I did not have to iron as long as the paper said for the transfer to adhere well. I've washed my shirts several times and they all look brand new. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter