Das and FP

It seems like you are most interested in the DAS for FOP. As people keep noting, you are unlikely to receive it if your only reason is because of your daughter. This isn't something people are saying to be mean, it's to make sure you are prepared to NOT get the DAS. You can always ask GS, and they may give it to you, but it is not the intended purpose of a DAS so if you do get it, it's extra-special pixie dust, not a required accommodation.

For FOP, keep in mind that although it requires a transfer, the line itself is accessible to ECVs and Wheelchairs. Your best option may be to go at rope drop, have grandma and grandpa go to the standby line and get a rider switch. Have them go through while you and your DD do something else. Then you can use the rider switch when they get off. Keep in mind that under the new system you pretty much have to go immediately after and also that Grandma and Grandpa would need to be prepared to watch your DD for at least 30 minutes (the average FP wait time at FOP right now) and possibly up to 45 minutes or an hour. Disney rider switch does not allow those not riding to enter the queue, so your DD will have to stay outside of it the entire time.

If you managed to get the DAS, you would need to ride first - again, leaving your DD with grandma and grandpa for at least 30 minutes. Rider Swap/DAS may shorten grandma and grandpa's time, but not yours as you would be going into the FP line both times.

Last edited:
I used to have pictures, but my computer decided to delete some.
Let the CM at the entrance to the preshow room know that you need to avoid the stairs.
Just after you exit the preshow room, it will be to your left.
It’s a very small elevator that takes you directly down to the unload side of the track. That is a very small area, so be prepared for congestion.
I had my FP for Dinosaurs and canceled it when I got to AK. After seriously thinking about the ride itself, I figured the jerking really wasn't good for my back. I was sore from my car ride there. Maybe my next trip I will attempt it. Thanks again for the heads up on where the elevator is

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter