DAS for Rise of the Resistance?

You need to wait until your Boarding Group is called. Once you arrive for your turn tell the attendant you have a DAS, they will send you through the unused FP queue instead of the standby queue. That is literally all DAS does for you in regards to Rise of the Resistance.

what is the difference between the standby and FP lines? if you go into the FP line, do you miss all the interesting stuff?

i assume that having a boarding group time doesn't affect your DAS in any way right? it's not considered having something, correct?

FYI, ROTR @7:07 am recently was in backup groups already Really hope that is an exception

we were there the first day. Couldn’t get my app to work, a CM helped me on his iPad but by time we reached head of line it was 20 min later & we got 138. No backup BG at that time.
Our BG never called but did get next day FP & compEd one day ph tix we will assign to family later. Glad they tried to make it right

have been following things closely how the dust is settling. will be back for round 2 this week. Have uninstalled the WDW app, then put it back on phone. Hope that helps it stabilize Have new iPhone & ATT using my data vs WiFi & still app has always been problematic for me in the parks, groan

I Am curious as to the number of HS/CMs who are readily available at opening time To assist those unable to Use the app (ie vision impaired)

This is just the procedure for the busy opening time period. The ride has a limited capacity and there will be plenty of families that will not be able to ride it, because it is busy. Having the first come, first served is fair and equitable. People with disabilities should have the same chance to get on the ride as anyone else, not better. Your disappointment is no greater then anyone else's that are not able to get on the ride.

When you have a child that cannot handle the crowds at rope drop because of their disability this makes it an inequitable system.

My son can’t handle the noise of dense crowds or being confined to a line for more than about 15-20 minutes. My daughter has massive anxiety in dense crowds as well. Because of this we don’t rope drop. We’ve tried and we can’t. It’s never been an issue until now. It’s not about disappointment. It’s about those who won’t have the opportunity to even try because of their disability.

Things have been going much better regular Bg’s are still booked quickly but backup groups are available for few hours and they have been getting through most of the backup groups.
So arrive a little later after the morning rush.
Today backup groups started at 111 at 4:30 they were already boarding 131. Backup groups were available until 10:20am this morning
A466BE60-B89A-417C-A044-041551E0710D.png

When you have a child that cannot handle the crowds at rope drop because of their disability this makes it an inequitable system.

My son can’t handle the noise of dense crowds or being confined to a line for more than about 15-20 minutes. My daughter has massive anxiety in dense crowds as well. Because of this we don’t rope drop. We’ve tried and we can’t. It’s never been an issue until now. It’s not about disappointment. It’s about those who won’t have the opportunity to even try because of their disability.

You might want to rethink taking them on RotR then - from what it sounds like, you are in a crowd, and it's loud and "hustle bustle" for the entire attraction - which would be longer than the 15-20 minutes they can tolerate.

You might want to rethink taking them on RotR then - from what it sounds like, you are in a crowd, and it's loud and "hustle bustle" for the entire attraction - which would be longer than the 15-20 minutes they can tolerate.

Is there something involved that isn’t in the POV videos? Also, there is a huge difference between waiting for rope drop with everyone crushing in and jockeying for the best position and being in a pre show room with a crowd.

Is there something involved that isn’t in the POV videos? Also, there is a huge difference between waiting for rope drop with everyone crushing in and jockeying for the best position and being in a pre show room with a crowd.

Yes, with rope drop, you can actually stay to the side and walk away - but you can't on the attraction, unless you choose to exit. BTW, I've been to plenty of rope drops and there was no crushing, thank goodness. I'm a bit claustrophobic and that would be a no go for me. Preshows like It's Tough to Be a Bug, Voyage of the Little Mermaid and Philharmagic get to me, but rope drop doesn't because there are the edges of the queue that are more open. While you might not be able to jockey in for "the best position" (in quotes because that's subjective) there's plenty of space to stand.

Yes, with rope drop, you can actually stay to the side and walk away - but you can't on the attraction, unless you choose to exit. BTW, I've been to plenty of rope drops and there was no crushing, thank goodness. I'm a bit claustrophobic and that would be a no go for me. Preshows like It's Tough to Be a Bug, Voyage of the Little Mermaid and Philharmagic get to me, but rope drop doesn't because there are the edges of the queue that are more open. While you might not be able to jockey in for "the best position" (in quotes because that's subjective) there's plenty of space to stand.

Last time we rope dropped was to get a JTA slot. My son was knocked down by people trying to get down the path first. It awful. This was after we stood in line forever to get through bag check and into the park. There was a meltdown and it was not a good day. Since then I’m very leery of rope drop.

The only preshow we have had issues with is the stretching room at Haunted Mansion.

You don’t have to get in the middle of the crowd for this or be at the front of it or anything. Stay away when the masses are released into the park and you can go in behind the huge crowd. You don’t have to get in the crowd inside the gates either. There are places on the edges to the back. You don’t have to rush to any rides or anything. No reason to get in the middle of the crowds. There will be a steady stream of people going in but you don’t have to be in the middle of the crowd ever to get a boarding pass. Heck just go in and if you think it is too crowded leave the park and get a boarding pass outside the gates if you want. You aren’t forced into a rope drop crowd to get a boarding pass. Stay on the fringes or back from it. This is not a first in line situation at all.

Since you can not get a boarding group until the park opening time and they let people in well before then ( I have hard 30-45 minute) and you can be anywhere in the park it self ( I would find a quiet place close to the front if you need the baby care lobby might work off to the left by first aid around the corner where the march of the first order used to exit to the right where the bathroom ECV wheelchair rental are just a few idea I can think of off the top of my head ) and you can get to the park say 45-30 minutes early get though bag check and just hand back some and once they let people in get in one of the lines or even wait a few minutes then get in line and you should be in the park well before it opens

Now I'm thinking I need to watch the ride videos. My son has an issue with preshows, he loves Dinosaur but the preshow stresses him out. It's short enough though that he can handle it. Just curious how RotR compares.

Last time we rope dropped was to get a JTA slot. My son was knocked down by people trying to get down the path first. It awful. This was after we stood in line forever to get through bag check and into the park. There was a meltdown and it was not a good day. Since then I’m very leery of rope drop.

The only preshow we have had issues with is the stretching room at Haunted Mansion.

that's terrible that your son was knocked down!!
my mom got knocked down by people racing with a wheelchair - that no one was even sitting in...
they hit her from behind and she went down like a house of cards....
it was so upsetting...
thank god that despite being 85 at the time, she didn't break anything...
but it was pretty terrifying...

So say we enter in HS, and are waiting to pick the BG. Where can you stand? Can you go anywhere in the park? If we want to rope drop say Alien Saucers, do we go over to TSL. Are there ropes blocking off access to certain parts of the park?

So say we enter in HS, and are waiting to pick the BG. Where can you stand? Can you go anywhere in the park? If we want to rope drop say Alien Saucers, do we go over to TSL. Are there ropes blocking off access to certain parts of the park?
Yes you can be anywhere in the park to get the boarding group they have it roped off close to the star buck but when the park opens is when they let you in and also open the boarding group I would stay closer to the front of the park if crowds bother you you then go to your first ride

If there are early morning extra magic hours for 8 - 9, does the boarding groups open at 8?

Sorry another question. Can you tell we leave in a little under a week? lol

When you show up when your boarding group is called and have DAS, they send you up the Fastpass line. How do they know you have DAS? Do they scan your magic band? Or do we have to still get some sort of return time with the boarding group?

When you show up when your boarding group is called and have DAS, they send you up the Fastpass line. How do they know you have DAS? Do they scan your magic band? Or do we have to still get some sort of return time with the boarding group?
When you go back for your time let them know you have a DAS and they will help you out I heard they send you right in the FP line

Just got back from a Christmas trip--you scan in with your boarding group the same as everyone else. You let them know about the DAS and then they send you to a different group of CMs that stands right behind the first group ("the Brown Jackets")--they check the DAS and then usher you to the FP line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!