DAS for Rise of the Resistance?

Thank you for confirming that the DAS is available, with two disabled people in our party it would have been almost impossible for us to get there at silly o clock as injections and medication are time sensitive and without being able to have a private area outside of the park to attend to this, it just would not have worked
Please re-read. The PP did have a boarding group; the DAS only comes into play once your boarding group is called.

When you have a child that cannot handle the crowds at rope drop because of their disability this makes it an inequitable system.

My son can’t handle the noise of dense crowds or being confined to a line for more than about 15-20 minutes. My daughter has massive anxiety in dense crowds as well. Because of this we don’t rope drop. We’ve tried and we can’t. It’s never been an issue until now. It’s not about disappointment. It’s about those who won’t have the opportunity to even try because of their disability.

That is very sad that your children have these issues. My niece is autistic and I completely understand how life is different. But the reality is, it is not anyone else's problem. If this were any place other then WDW, would you be expecting special treatment for your kids? Let's say that a new store was opening up and they were going to give away a box of new toys to the first 1000 people. The crowds would be huge but your children really want that box of toys. Would you go up to them and demand that because your children get anxiety and can't handle crowds, that they should be exempt from the FCFS line and just get the box of toys anyway? I don't think so. There will be things that people with certain disabilities just won't be able to do. For example, an amputee will not be able to ride an upside down roller coaster. It is not safe for them. There are plenty of things to do in this world that can bring you joy. Not everyone can do everything, this is true for ALL people. I think that a lot of times, the parents make the disappointment worse then what the child does because of our love for our kids. We all want our kids to have amazing lives and when something goes wrong, we feel horrible about it and want to change it. This is good, but there are times when it is better to let things go and find something else to make them happy.

This was our morning to get a boarding group.
Woke up at 4:30 am...jet lagged still from our Mondau-Tuesday red eye flight from California.
Left Coronado springs via Uber at 5:20am. Got to HS at 5:35.
Security was easy. Stayed to the right of the gates.
They let us in about 6:20ish. The tapping heads weren't working so they used ipads. I'm glad we were towards the front since we got in within a few minutes.
Sat in the store at the front of the park to stay warm.
Turned Wifi off on my phone. Closed down all of my apps. Cleared history, cache, cookies, etc. (I have an iphone XR on Verizon LTE data)
Opened WDW app at 6:59.
Hit Find out More at 7...Join boarding group didn't light up (yikes). Hit my status and joined boarding group there.
Secured group 18.
Screen shotted it since I am paranoid lol
Got our call back around 9:50 while were were in the Walt Disney show
Left Walt Disney show to the ROTR. Broke down so they told us to come back
Didn't ride until about 12:30
Left HS at 2:00 after slinky dog was back

Got back to Hotel and crashed until 7pm lol Now we are wide awake.

Ride was awesome. Although it was worth it to get up early this once, I don't think I'll do this ride again until there are normal line procedures. lol
I added in my quote from the main ROTR of our experience getting the boarding group. Hope it helps with timing. I know this process isn't ideal for everyone, but I think it is the best for the time being. Hopefully over time it gets easier for all to do.

Thank you for confirming that the DAS is available, with two disabled people in our party it would have been almost impossible for us to get there at silly o clock as injections and medication are time sensitive and without being able to have a private area outside of the park to attend to this, it just would not have worked

DAS access is available, as it keeps you from having to wait in the standby queue to get on RotR after your boarding group is called.

ROTR is just a lottery at this point. You have to be in it to win it. Unfortunately, this requires all being in the park before opening. Hopefully some day this will change.

If it changes for all, no disability required, then I am all for it. But I believe WDW will have to tighten up on the scammers and scalpers first - so for now I'm glad they make everyone go through the ticket booths to be able to ride.

I added in my quote from the main ROTR of our experience getting the boarding group. Hope it helps with timing. I know this process isn't ideal for everyone, but I think it is the best for the time being. Hopefully over time it gets easier for all to do.

Thanks for adding your experience.

I’m not sure it will get much better. I don’t how easy it is to get a FoP FP these days but I’m guessing it isn’t easy for those without a 60 day window and that ride is several years old. The wait time over Christmas/NY rarely dropped below 2-3 hours and I think it regularly hit 3-4 hours. Even with a DAS, that is a huge chunk of day removed for other DAS pass needs. I imagine RotR will be similar for DAS users. Then throw the new train ride into the mix...or Tron, GotG, orRatatouille.

The unfortunate reality is that there isn’t enough ride capacity for every park guest to experience each attraction on a given day and many guests who want to ride won’t get to.

Even though this is technically info from WDW? I’m not sure how DL’s boarding process has been working
I think if you make it clear the your experience was at WDW, but generalize what you think will help at DL (e.g. dealing with crowd anxiety, exhaustion, having snacks and water, etc. -- all your suggestions were great), that will be helpful. No one else in that thread has really dealt with those issues from a DAS POV yet

what about people that don’t have much time left and wish to ride? My health is rapidly failing? I am quite sad.

I am not well enough to wait. It would just going there to ride it and leave

With the attraction going down for an hour or so at a time, that might not even be an option - we had family down there this week, and their boarding group was called, they got in the queue, and as they were just about to be taken in, it went down. It was down for a few hours, then they got notified to come back, then it went down again. So even if they had DAS that worked just like DAS usually does, no boarding group involved, there's a really big chance that it would be hours before someone could ride. That's not even taking into account the stand by wait time minus ten minutes that the DAS holder has to wait.

... So even if they had DAS that worked just like DAS usually does, no boarding group involved, there's a really big chance that it would be hours before someone could ride...
And, just to clarify for those following, people are posting here and on the DLR ROTR thread that all guests, even those with DAS, must first receive a BG in order to ride ROTR. So having DAS doesn't remove the need for a BG for this ride. Everyone must first receive a BG.

Does the DAS/FP line have the same experience as the standby line entrance? As far as story goes? i dont want my family to miss out, this trip is specifically to do SWGE and we are huge fans of star wars. Not sure if i will ride separately or not but without spoiling id love to know if the queue matters.

Does the DAS/FP line have the same experience as the standby line entrance? As far as story goes? i dont want my family to miss out, this trip is specifically to do SWGE and we are huge fans of star wars. Not sure if i will ride separately or not but without spoiling id love to know if the queue matters.
I’m not 100% sure myself since I only rode once and it was in the FP/ DAS line. But when I see pics on the internet of guests stuck in line when the ride breaks down, those areas don’t look familiar.

I've been through the DAS/FP line as well as the standby line. I was told to try and go through the standby line if I could (since I'm a huge SW fan). I didn't find the standby line all that. Just props so you know you're at the resistance base.

I've been through the DAS/FP line as well as the standby line. I was told to try and go through the standby line if I could (since I'm a huge SW fan). I didn't find the standby line all that. Just props so you know you're at the resistance base.
Was this at DHS? I've been told that the DAS/FP line at DL merges before the pre-shows so that you don't miss anything major, but that the attention to detail in the regular line before that is very impressive. Most people have encouraged me to do the regular line if at all possible as many times as I can, just to absorb as much of the detail that the Imagineers lovingly put into the queue. Then, after that, doing the DAS/FP line is fine.

Was this at DHS? I've been told that the DAS/FP line at DL merges before the pre-shows so that you don't miss anything major, but that the attention to detail in the regular line before that is very impressive. Most people have encouraged me to do the regular line if at all possible as many times as I can, just to absorb as much of the detail that the Imagineers lovingly put into the queue. Then, after that, doing the DAS/FP line is fine.

This was at DL.....the CM wanted me to experience everything in the base which I didn't think was all that and I am a huge fan and attend Celebration. I didn't think there was much to see to justify having my son wait a tad bit longer. Is it cool? yes but it was that cool.

The DAS/FP line does merge before the pre-shows.....it dumps you into the room right before you go into the first preshow room.

what about people that don’t have much time left and wish to ride? My health is rapidly failing? I am quite sad.

When we were at dhs last year, we joined the boarding group; and then left the park.
in fact , dh has to ask a cast member to open the exit!
we left to go to Epcot, but the next day did the same & returned to resort.
Only returned to Hollywood to ride rise...

could you do something similar?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter