DAS for Rise of the Resistance?

If they allowed this for every guest at WDW, and not just those with DAS, then yes. But it would take one hot minute for someone to figure out how to scam it and use it for profit. So to expect the actual users to be present to get the boarding group pass makes sense, to eliminate abuse.

What if there is only one adult and a teenager with a DAS? How would they get equal access under this scenario? How do you actually add people to your boarding group if they are not there, haul all their magic bands in? Then they can't even have access to the resort door lock. No, I think actually having to be there to get the boarding group is the best way to do it, so there are no scams, and no complications.
Agree that convenience and helping folk opens the gate for abuse. DAS was born of these very abuse of trust. Disney can very much pull a Universal and draconian standby line for 11 hours with the survival of the fittest and strongest bladders.

The BG idea is a worthy one and believe that it may be improved upon without falling into abuses. Just like how both FP and DAS are deployed differently between DL and WDW, BG can have different iterations and styles and within the same context and idea of crowd control with fair and convenient access to optimize everyone's disney experience.

I just think that for both DAS and ones with 6 year olds, the concept of a 530am bed call without breakfast is a pretty high bar.

What we'll resort to is bringing his band and scan it instead of one of the group in hopes that no fingerprints being run that day and one of us sit out for the ride or group goes and when DAS holder arrives to go to Guest Services to swap out one of the group for the DAS holder. Not a big deal, but something i'd think disney can problemsolve

Agree that convenience and helping folk opens the gate for abuse. DAS was born of these very abuse of trust. Disney can very much pull a Universal and draconian standby line for 11 hours with the survival of the fittest and strongest bladders.

The BG idea is a worthy one and believe that it may be improved upon without falling into abuses. Just like how both FP and DAS are deployed differently between DL and WDW, BG can have different iterations and styles and within the same context and idea of crowd control with fair and convenient access to optimize everyone's disney experience.

I just think that for both DAS and ones with 6 year olds, the concept of a 530am bed call without breakfast is a pretty high bar.

What we'll resort to is bringing his band and scan it instead of one of the group in hopes that no fingerprints being run that day and one of us sit out for the ride or group goes and when DAS holder arrives to go to Guest Services to swap out one of the group for the DAS holder. Not a big deal, but something i'd think disney can problemsolve

I have to say that I have never been there where they do not scan your finger. And this is with over 25 years of visiting. I think that you would have better luck with after you all are in the park and about to ride, have the person that came in earlier just give the 6yo their magic band to scan at the ride. There it won't matter.

Keep in mind...DAS holder must enter the park to get on a BG. DAS holder must be in the park to get a return time. DAS holder must be the first one to scan their band/ticket when it's time to go through the queue. A picture is taken of the DAS holder when it is issued. Tickets are non-transferable and you could be denied access for trying to circumvent the system.

As to the comment about the 6 year old...is it possible to have breakfast in the park once you get your BG?

We know the current rules ;) Just saying that a few adjustments to who BGs maybe adjusted along with DAS in consideration can possibly benefit.

For the finger scan -- there were reports it was being let go last week at HS, so was working off that scenario. Not a WDW regular as we're west coasters :)

It's fine the way it is now IMHO. We will make adjustments. If he doesn't ride ROTR at WDW, no biggie. We're setup for DL visit in January

I have to say that I have never been there where they do not scan your finger. And this is with over 25 years of visiting. I think that you would have better luck with after you all are in the park and about to ride, have the person that came in earlier just give the 6yo their magic band to scan at the ride. There it won't matter.

can’t a the person going early to get to BG just give their magic band to their disabled family/friend so they can ride? Of course, it means the earlybird has to sit out.

can’t a the person going early to get to BG just give their magic band to their disabled family/friend so they can ride? Of course, it means the earlybird has to sit out.

Yes, that is what I said to do. You can switch once you are in the park to ride the ride. The person that I quoted wanted to take a person's magic band, that was not entering the park, and have someone else use it to enter the park and get the BG. Using someone's MB to try to get into the park can get you banned. I would not even try to do that.

Yes, that is what I said to do. You can switch once you are in the park to ride the ride. The person that I quoted wanted to take a person's magic band, that was not entering the park, and have someone else use it to enter the park and get the BG. Using someone's MB to try to get into the park can get you banned. I would not even try to do that.
True, but no DAS attached to that and the DAS rider will need to face the line that's upwards to several hours reported on the ROTR thread. Most likely most DAS holders cannot do that unfortunately. Trying to find a way for our DAS rider to do it while at WDW, but probably won't be happening. That's okay -- more magical places to see during our week there! :)

True, but no DAS attached to that and the DAS rider will need to face the line that's upwards to several hours reported on the ROTR thread. Most likely most DAS holders cannot do that unfortunately. Trying to find a way for our DAS rider to do it while at WDW, but probably won't be happening. That's okay -- more magical places to see during our week there! :)

if your DAS rider is willing to give it a shot, perhaps the CM will let him/her through the FP line even though the BP is attached to someone else’s magic band? I can see them being slightly lenient. And only a few unlucky ppl are ending up in long lines mostly whenever there are bad breakdowns. The majority of rides seem to go pretty smoothly.

if your DAS rider is willing to give it a shot, perhaps the CM will let him/her through the FP line even though the BP is attached to someone else’s magic band? I can see them being slightly lenient. And only a few unlucky ppl are ending up in long lines mostly whenever there are bad breakdowns. The majority of rides seem to go pretty smoothly.

I see them being less lenient during this rush period - so many people are going and trying to get on this ride. They just limited guests to one boarding group per day. The ride is having issues. I would not count on any leniency. Getting to use the FP queue for RotR, along with having a DAS for another attraction is a great perk. A family could actually go into the park, get the boarding group, have DAS set up and then continue on until their boarding group time while having DAS access. Since WDW has limited the boarding group to one a day, they have reported availability as late as 8:30 AM.

I see them being less lenient during this rush period - so many people are going and trying to get on this ride. They just limited guests to one boarding group per day. The ride is having issues. I would not count on any leniency. Getting to use the FP queue for RotR, along with having a DAS for another attraction is a great perk. A family could actually go into the park, get the boarding group, have DAS set up and then continue on until their boarding group time while having DAS access. Since WDW has limited the boarding group to one a day, they have reported availability as late as 8:30 AM.

Then again, it means the same number of riders if the DAS rider is using someone else’s magic band. May be worth a shot for some ppl. If they say no, the DAS rider doesn’t ride (same situation as before) and the earlybird can ride.

Then again, it means the same number of riders if the DAS rider is using someone else’s magic band. May be worth a shot for some ppl. If they say no, the DAS rider doesn’t ride (same situation as before) and the earlybird can ride.

They can always switch around magic bands, but then there would be no DAS access.

Everyone is queued into this ride on what is very much like DAS. Basically, you get to the park, join a boarding group, then come back when your time is up. I don't see how DAS would be any different from what is already in place.

We were there rope drop on opening day, got boarding group 112 which was estimated to be late afternoon/evening. The ride broke down a few times throughout the day. We were back at park about 5:00 pm and waited a couple of hours. They got up to boarding group 108 before ride broke down again. We waited over an hour for it to come back up, before giving up and leaving the park. It was not far from closing time. We were told we get a fastpass in the morning to ride, which didn't happen.

Two days and never managed to ride. Never attempted to use DAS, as I didn't think it would make any difference. Will try again when we return in February.

We are going late January. If I have a DAS, get into the boarding group, get a return time, can I come back anytime of the day still? Or is it within the 2 hour time frame?

Everyone is queued into this ride on what is very much like DAS. Basically, you get to the park, join a boarding group, then come back when your time is up. I don't see how DAS would be any different from what is already in place.

We were there rope drop on opening day, got boarding group 112 which was estimated to be late afternoon/evening. The ride broke down a few times throughout the day. We were back at park about 5:00 pm and waited a couple of hours. They got up to boarding group 108 before ride broke down again. We waited over an hour for it to come back up, before giving up and leaving the park. It was not far from closing time. We were told we get a fastpass in the morning to ride, which didn't happen.

Two days and never managed to ride. Never attempted to use DAS, as I didn't think it would make any difference. Will try again when we return in February.
I read (so it has to be true 😂) that Disney gave out Fast Passes and 1 day tickets to the people that this happened to on the first day. The tickets were added to their account.
Check your account. If not call/write Disney and see if you were included.
All the can say is no.
Good luck

We are going late January. If I have a DAS, get into the boarding group, get a return time, can I come back anytime of the day still? Or is it within the 2 hour time frame?
From talking to CM ( last time I was there a few months ago for opening of SWGE). When the land hit capacity you had to join a boarding group to get into the land then go to the ride to get a return time. From what I hear is everyone must enter the park get a boarding group ( if the DAS holder truly can not enter the park untill latter I would stop by GR or one of the guest experience people and exsplain why the guest could not enter and see if they could help you ) I believe when your group is called you will have two hours to return but agin if there is something the prevent the das holder from riding ( and not they were at another park and just did not want to go over then they will help or work with the guest on there needs) when you return the wait to get in the first preshow room I have heard can be about an hour they are letting guest with a DAS in the fast pass line ( I do not think at this time they are doing return times but I would not be surprised if they started soon to get on the ride it self.

I would think you'd have to honor your boarding group time. Otherwise, everyone with DAS could just show up whenever, get in the FP queue and really muck up the timing for crowd control, KWIM?

I would think you'd have to honor your boarding group time. Otherwise, everyone with DAS could just show up whenever, get in the FP queue and really muck up the timing for crowd control, KWIM?
Ok that makes sense. We will see how this all works out. In my mind I’m hoping boarding groups won’t be needed by then and just have the stand by line

Can someone please explain to me how DAS would be different from just joining a boarding group? The only difference I can think of is that DAS doesn't expire and you could come back anytime after your boarding group loads. Other than that, I just don't get why/how DAS would be used for this ride.

Not trying to be snarky. Sometimes things come out wrong in writing. I am honestly confused about how DAS could benefit the user where RotR is concerned. TIA

Can someone please explain to me how DAS would be different from just joining a boarding group? The only difference I can think of is that DAS doesn't expire and you could come back anytime after your boarding group loads. Other than that, I just don't get why/how DAS would be used for this ride.

Not trying to be snarky. Sometimes things come out wrong in writing. I am honestly confused about how DAS could benefit the user where RotR is concerned. TIA
You will be able to use the Fast Pass queue

I found that the majority of your time spent at ROTR is still waiting in line. It's like a 30-45 minute line then 15 or so minutes of actual attraction time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter