DAS - Ileostomy Bag

Louise Potts

Mouseketeer
Hi all, i have had an ileostomy bag since i was 9 years old, I have had the pleasure of visiting Disney several times with my bag and have been super grateful of the DAS system which prevents me having to stand in line for long periods with a full or leaking bag. My question is does Universal Studios have a similar system? Thanks!

Universal has a program similar to WDW for guests whose disabilities prevent waiting in the regular lines. There is not as much specific information on the Universal website as there is on the WDW website, but it is requested the same way; by explaining (briefly) how the disability prevents waiting in the regular lines.
This is a link to the Universal website Disability area, which includes a link to the pdf Rider’s Guide for each park.
https://www.universalorlando.com/we...essibility-information#cognitive-disabilitiesThe Rider’s Guide has information about Universal’s disability pass and also specific information about attractions.

If you haven’t been to Universal before, you may not be aware that Universal rides are much more intense than WDW rides. Universal has a lot more thrill rides and roller coasters than WDW has and many of the Universal rides have restraints that are over shoulder or might press on your abdomen.
For example, the Harry Potter Forbidden Journey Ride tilts guests forward at times, with the chest restraint holding you.
The Rider’s Guides have a lot more info and you can also ask the ride attendants and watch YouTube videos to get an idea.

The disability pass at Universal is extremely difficult to get. I had to sit and argue with the guest services person for 15 minutes to get one for my husband. It was extremely irritating. She only agreed to give it to my husband after I asked her to get her manager.q

The disability pass at Universal is extremely difficult to get. I had to sit and argue with the guest services person for 15 minutes to get one for my husband. It was extremely irritating. She only agreed to give it to my husband after I asked her to get her manager.q

That is very sad to hear. I wonder what their "parameters" are for getting their pass.

I have an ileostomy bag as well, just recently and am going to Disney in April. I was wondering if I qualified for the DAS pass, is it easy to get?

Thanks!

I have an ileostomy bag as well, just recently and am going to Disney in April. I was wondering if I qualified for the DAS pass, is it easy to get?

Thanks!
With the DAS, you'll need to explain why the environment of a traditional line makes it difficult for you. You can't just say that you have a medical condition, but you need to explain how it impacts you. With an ileostomy, there's always the need to be close to a bathroom and a source of fluids (especially in Florida heat making it so much easier to get dehydrated, let alone if you're losing a bunch of fluids through the ileostomy). We've used the DAS for my sister with ASD, and it's not difficult to get it -all four theme parks have a guest services building, and the DAS will last your entire trip.

Thanks!

You will need to go to GR and explain your needs for the line and why you can not wait in the normal lines. They do not care about DX as two people with the same DX could have very different needs. If the DAS is right for you then it is very easy to get. It is just need based.

oh dear that doesnt sound good, what a bad experience for you x

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!