DAS in past so will they have a record of it..

Momtomouselover

DIS Veteran
I'm planning a trip to take my mom back to Disney World. We went about 2 yrs ago right after her cancer diagnosis and received a DAS then. She is healthier now than she was then but still fighting (thankfully that is!). Anyways, will Disney have record of the past DAS or do we need to go get another one? I mean is it linked to her name/MB/MDE or trip based? Also, if we need another can we get it at the IG at Epcot?

Not sure if they’ll have a record of it or not, but you should be prepared to explain why she can’t wait in line. If it’s a fatigue issue, the DAS request should be denied, since a wheelchair or ECV would be a more appropriate accommodation.

Not sure if they’ll have a record of it or not, but you should be prepared to explain why she can’t wait in line. If it’s a fatigue issue, the DAS request should be denied, since a wheelchair or ECV would be a more appropriate accommodation.

I understand. I just didn't know if you needed to go explain again. So are you saying we do need to go to guest relations? I'm not too concerned in that last time it wasn't an issue. As a 2.5 yr pancreatic cancer fighter, brittle diabetic and complications from pancreas surgery she has a few issues (which I'll spare you the list ;))...last time they gave the pass before we even finished explaining. We really don't use it too much anyways for its the atmosphere and being with family is what she loves the most. Not E ticket rides for sure! Ok, maybe the boat ride in Pandora.

Last edited:
So are you saying we do need to go to guest relations?
You will need to go to Guest Relations. When issued, DAS is good for 60 days. They may have record of her prior DAS, but even so they may or may not ask you to explain the need(s) again.

Enjoy your vacation!

I'm planning a trip to take my mom back to Disney World. We went about 2 yrs ago right after her cancer diagnosis and received a DAS then. She is healthier now than she was then but still fighting (thankfully that is!). Anyways, will Disney have record of the past DAS or do we need to go get another one? I mean is it linked to her name/MB/MDE or trip based? Also, if we need another can we get it at the IG at Epcot?
The DAS is only linked to the MB / ticket for 60 days after this time you will have to renew it. I have had CM just scan my band and this was it and other ask me why I need a DAS. I would be prepared to say why she needs a DAS and be ready to say why

Thank you guys. We will be prepared to explain if needed for it has been more than 60 days. I was at Disney with my sis not to long ago and I noticed changes at the International Gateway but didn't notice if they added guest relations. Anyone know? The only thing she would potentially ride there is Soarin so if we need to go to the front its ok but just easier for us at IG.

Thank you guys. We will be prepared to explain if needed for it has been more than 60 days. I was at Disney with my sis not to long ago and I noticed changes at the International Gateway but didn't notice if they added guest relations. Anyone know? The only thing she would potentially ride there is Soarin so if we need to go to the front its ok but just easier for us at IG.
There has always been a Guest Services booth at the IG and there continues to be

The International Gateway is very torn up right now (just got back from WDW on Saturday). They had been doing construction for the Skyliner and are still working on the security screening areas.

Nothing is easy to see/find there

The International Gateway is very torn up right now (just got back from WDW on Saturday). They had been doing construction for the Skyliner and are still working on the security screening areas.

Nothing is easy to see/find there

Boy, I’ll say. I wish they had the designated wheelchair/ecv lines at bag check marked better. We didn’t know until working our way halfway up through another line and then having one of the security people yell at us from acrossed the crowd of people to go to one of the first two lines. It was like swimming upriver to get there.

Boy, I’ll say. I wish they had the designated wheelchair/ecv lines at bag check marked better. We didn’t know until working our way halfway up through another line and then having one of the security people yell at us from acrossed the crowd of people to go to one of the first two lines. It was like swimming upriver to get there.
We actually didn’t see any designated ones except at the main Epcot entrance.
The reason for any destination is that the security areas have been/are reconfigured to have the bag check tables ‘feed’ into a walk thru metal detector. One side has more room than the other - that’s where it’s marked for wheelchairs/ecvs

We actually didn’t see any designated ones except at the main Epcot entrance.
The reason for any destination is that the security areas have been/are reconfigured to have the bag check tables ‘feed’ into a walk thru metal detector. One side has more room than the other - that’s where it’s marked for wheelchairs/ecvs

At the IG entrance the first two lines on the right hand side are for wheelchair and ECV - they just don’t (or didn’t last week) have anything up to mark it. Making it doubly bad is all the lines are inside a roped off area. We hit the area about the time passengers from both the boat and skyliner converged and, oh my, it was packed inside there. We were about halfway up the fifth line when they made us turn around and try to get back to the end of line #1. It was a little scary. But on the upside it was my first big challenge maneuvering my new Fold & Go wheelchair and using a joystick in a crowd. Made it safely through 😄

And p.s. Now I’ve gotten this thread way off topic

The DAS will still be in the system. Just give her name and they will pull it up but she will need a new picture and her band linked with the rest of her party

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!