Dates on Small World Rehab

WDSearcher

DIS Veteran
From the Orlando "Local 6" news website ....

Walt Disney World confirmed Friday that big changes are in the works for one of the Magic Kingdom's best-loved attractions, according to Local 6 News. The Disney ride "It's A Small World" will close on June 7 for almost a year for improvements and maybe even some surprises. Crews will replace all of the ride's light and sound systems, rebuild the sets and repair the animatronic figures. There may even be some surprises added to the ride according to the report. The official Disney Web site lists the boat ride as reopening on March 18 of 2005. The effort will be the most extensive work ever done on the attraction – which opened with the Magic Kingdom in 1971.

:earsboy:

This was the first ride I ever took both my children on at WDW and they are both now 10 and 6. I remember riding it when I was a child too :) We are going again in November (my mom is taking us :) ) and I know my kids will be disappointed (my son loves this ride and CoP) but it just gives me another reason to go back after March 2005 :) Thanks for the update!

Yay, it will be closed for both of my upcoming trips!!! My sister insisted that we ride it when we were there in February, just to torture me (my 4yo did enjoy it, though). She did NOT get me back to the Country Bear Jamboree, however. She insisted on that on a trip a few years ago and then she went to sleep! LOL

T&B

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter