Dave Hunters Along I 75?

from Canada

Mouseketeer
Hi,
we're thinking of possibly driving down on our next trip (Feb 2004), and Ive heard this book mentioned here. Im wondering if anyone knows about how oftes a new/updated version comes out? I love planning, and wondering if I by the book that is out now, will that be of use to me when we drive a year from now?
TIA
karen

Updates come out once a year, in the fall, I believe. The 2000 edition has a "best before Nov. 2000", so I think that I'm safe in saying the fall. :D

The books are terrific, both for new and seasoned drivers of I-75. I love all the info in them, and could you use an old one? SURE. The restaurants might not be exactly as stated (probably new ones), and the motels might be under new management, but the goal would be the same.

Have fun!

I get the book from the library. Actually, I have the new one from the library right now! I even borrowed it for our Ohio/Kentucky trip this past summer. It's a great book! S

Actually he also posts updates of road construction etc on the web site but you need to have the book from the library or purchase it as he has a secret password that is in the book to access the updates information. I would never dream of driving to WDW without that book it is invaluable. We buy it every year wether we are going or not

It is a great book with lots of interesting facts in it in addition to listing all the hotels, gas, food at each exit. We wouldn't drive without a copy of it. This October we are driving down and we are looking forward to it because there's a plastic factory in Ohio that's not open on the weekend that we are going to stop at this time to look around since we won't be driving on the weekend but rather through the week. The book also let us know that there are 2 Tim's in Ohio -- these were critical stops!!
It's a great book and well worth the $$$.

Cdnmickeylover

Thanks guys! I will definately be getting a copy. Although we aren't going for a while, I might get one now. The planning helps me make it through the winter!! Then summer should breeze by. Fall will be busy, with getting back to school, hockey etc. Then it will be Christmas, and then our trip will be right around the corner!!! OMG...I'd better get packing!!! LOL ;)
Karen

What dates do you go we will be there from Nov 30th to Dec 13th

I'd like to go the last week of Feb and first week of March in 2004. We are thinking of getting Annual passes, then going the first 2 weeks of Feb 2005. Both ways would avoid presidents week. We've been twice before (2000 & @2002), and went at these times and found them both good. The only problem with the later one is that the rates go up at the HIFS, where we would like to go back to. Ill have to weigh the pros/cons of annual pass vs Canadian special to see which would be better. We've never driven as a family before. As a kid we went every year by car, and I don't remember it as too bad. Im sure a parents point of view is different though :)
Later
Karen

Actually we love driving down especially when you get into Kentuky and Tennesee it is so beautiful there. Plus our kids are great in the car they are very good car kids. We left after dinner time last year and they fell asleep with no problems and slept all the way to the Georgia Welcome Centre when we woke them up to get them dressed and for some breafast. We found the key is to leave around 6:30 that way they have eaten and are starting to wind down as much as they can knowing we are heading out to WDW. They get book etc to colour in and read along with the cd walkman to listen to music so we can still listen to ur music in the car. We have a plug in electric cooler for drink boxes etc so we can get drinks out of that if anyone needs one along with keeping milk in it for when we stop for breakfast in the morning. We also like to play the plate game whichis to try and find as many different states and provinces as possible while driving it helps to pass the time during the day.

Karen ... by all means, buy the AP's and plan on 2 trips !!! You won't regret it. We got 3 trips out of our AP's 2000-2001, and we are getting 2 trips out of the ones we just activated in October 2002. I've also gotten great hotel rates with my AP's so that's just another bonus ! We're from London Ontario and we always drive. My kids have been doing it since they were 6 months old and we have certainly learned a lot over the past 5 years driving with small children (LOL).

Mary Liz

Originally posted by DSNY FN
Actually he also posts updates of road construction etc on the web site but you need to have the book from the library or purchase it as he has a secret password that is in the book to access the updates information. I would never dream of driving to WDW without that book it is invaluable. We buy it every year wether we are going or not

Is the web updates a new feature on recent books. I have the 1999 can no not see any mention to web updates re constrution.

[UOTE]Originally posted by DSNY FN
Actually he also posts updates of road construction etc on the web site but you need to have the book from the library or purchase it as he has a secret password that is in the book to access Qthe updates information. I would never dream of driving to WDW without that book it is invaluable. We buy it every year wether we are going or not [/QUOTE]

Is the web updates a new feature on recent books. I have the 1999 can no not see any mention to web updates re constrution.

Actually you go to the website and go to the updates section and it will give you a page number etc to look up for the word he uses as his login I will post the rest of the info when I get my book out and go to the site and find the word from this issue

Sound like there are quite a few "veteran" drivers here. If its going to get me to disney more ofter, I think it'll be worth it!
karen

We JUST returned (2am today) from our first trip to Orlando & we drove. I concur with all here that the I-75 book was a great help -- lodging (along with the Welcome Center coupon books), food, some education along the way. We got ours at our CAA office in December with a discount. Warning though: you'll wish you had more time for the drive to make some of these interesting stops he mentions. We did make it to the Corbin KY 1st KFC he mentions for an interesting little diversion coupled with the necessary fast-food stop for all of us.

Now we just need the book to cover us completely from Ontario through & past the Florida border! And rate some of those off-the highway motels... We hit 1 icky one on the way back (avoid the HoJo at Cartersville, GA), but we survived it and I think it gave DH the inspiration to drive straight through & get us home in our own beds 1 night earlier!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter