Davids DVC: Rental reimbursement or rescheduling?

So here is my current understanding. I am an owner and been paid the 70%. My renter decided on the voucher. David is not/does not appear to be close to sending me the missing 30%. My points are safe because I got them banked in april. My prior expectations, based on the loosely worded emails with David and reading here I was expecting David would re rent those points. Send me the 30% and the price increase under the terms of the old contract.

If David is requiring the new contract then I am in great shape with 70% paid and my points back. I can not imagine any circumstance where I would take liability for the reservation outside of me cancelling it.
Are people getting a new round of rentals already that spell this out or are people getting informal emails that are not clear with the new rentals? It seems to me David is in a particularly bad place to be trying to be a tough guy in this situation.

Most are not getting it. If they re rent the points, then he is delaying until the new check in....although a few have reported getting it At the time of the new reservation.

He seems to have made a few exceptions here or there and to be honest, no one knows why. But, majority of renters being given only the option of a voucher regardless of what an owner is willing to do and majority of owners are being told refund the money received or re rent To someone else, regardless of what a renter would like.

So here is my current understanding. I am an owner and been paid the 70%. My renter decided on the voucher. David is not/does not appear to be close to sending me the missing 30%. My points are safe because I got them banked in april. My prior expectations, based on the loosely worded emails with David and reading here I was expecting David would re rent those points. Send me the 30% and the price increase under the terms of the old contract.

If David is requiring the new contract then I am in great shape with 70% paid and my points back. I can not imagine any circumstance where I would take liability for the reservation outside of me cancelling it.
Are people getting a new round of rentals already that spell this out or are people getting informal emails that are not clear with the new rentals? It seems to me David is in a particularly bad place to be trying to be a tough guy in this situation.
If I were in this situation, I would tell David I am more than willing to re-rent the points for any stay (up to the expiration of the returned points), but he would first have to send me the remaining 30% I am owed. I would not want to wait for a new check-in date. Take it or leave it..

I know I would NOT cancel the new reservation & if Disney does, then the new renter will have whatever option(s) the voucher or new contract gives him. David wouldn't lose unless he refuses my offer, and if so, he will be out the $$ he already paid me. So I think that is fair.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned but it looks like they've just extended the travel credits to be valid for 36 months. Probably better for them to have it stretched out over a longer period of time.

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned but it looks like they've just extended the travel credits to be valid for 36 months. Probably better for them to have it stretched out over a longer period of time.

just trying to entice more people to take it figuring they have so long to use it and give up their right to do a chargeback.

He is trying to give himself more time to survive now that he is seeing that he is losing the chargebacks

I've tried following this thread but I haven't been able to keep up with it. I have a rental in June that I think will likely be cancelled due to the resorts being closed. Has anyone been successful with a chargeback yet? I know they take awhile and a bunch of people were waiting.

I don't know if anyone has received a permanent chargeback claim in their favor. Right off the bat they issue a provisional credit and then the final resolution can drag on for months and go back and forth.

Yes I have been !! Two billing cycles is what it takes - Disney Chase
I submitted No paperwork did it over the phone and did it immediately when hotel closed because Hawaii was on lock down my checkin was May 2nd I submitted chargeback March 25 After I gave David’s several chances !

Cancellation notices are going out today for non-dvc reservation times during my stay. How do I know when I'm cancelled and what do I use to show it's in cancelled to file a charge back? Thanks!

Cancellation notices are going out today for non-dvc reservation times during my stay. How do I know when I'm cancelled and what do I use to show it's in cancelled to file a charge back? Thanks!
I’ve got the same question because my trip still shows in MDE and online. How do I know it’s canceled other than getting a voucher offer from David’s?

I’ve got the same question because my trip still shows in MDE and online. How do I know it’s canceled other than getting a voucher offer from David’s?

Good questions -I got the voucher offer while my trip still showed in MDE. MY 5/23 reservation finally disappeared from MDE on 5/20.

DVC cancels reservations one week in advance, on business days only. There is no notification sent. David wrote owners asking them to watch for such cancelations, and upon noticing a reservation has been canceled, owners are invited to either refund the money received, or inform David of their DVC points status and re-rent those points through David.

Many thanks for all the helpful commentary in this thread! I just received notifications from Disney cancelling all of our dining reservations for a June 6-14 trip. Also today David's emailed me with the form voucher offer. Although I know DVC will not likely formally cancel our trip for another couple of weeks I went ahead and emailed David's indicating we would be seeking a refund. I am not responding to the voucher email at this time. Naturally I don't want to accept it, nor do I want to decline it...just in case. We intend to pursue a chargeback through Chase. Has anyone here started that process even before DVC formally cancelled the reservation?

It appears to me many renters think their only option is to accept a voucher, so I am extremely grateful for the information I've gleaned here on the boards.

So looks like Citi has applied a second conditional credit and David's has until July to respond? Well this is fun... Not like I have nothing else to do with my time. So appears process can be more like tennis... I serve, he returns, I return... SMH

So looks like Citi has applied a second conditional credit and David's has until July to respond? Well this is fun... Not like I have nothing else to do with my time. So appears process can be more like tennis... I serve, he returns, I return... SMH
They originally gave them until June to answer, right? Did you supply additional info, so now they’re giving David’s time to respond?

Yes they reversed bc he responded (that's how it works) but then he can argue now that I provided paperwork.
I remember going thru a similar process with Citi. Took months but the credit stayed until things were resolved.

I had ordered a large amount of ceramic pieces when we vacationed in a Italy and had them shipped home. Two months after getting home, still no pottery. Emailed the store and tried to contact them thru FB. Nothing. Did a chargeback. Next thing you know, I get an email from the store with a shipping tracking number.

Pottery arrives, two pieces are missing. Citi asks if dispute is resolved. Nope. Emailed the shop again, with copy of receipt and the missing items circled.

Two weeks later, another package arrives. One item is the wrong size (I had ordered a matching oil and vinegar set, they sent the smaller oil dispenser). Citi asks is everything okay? Nope.

Emailed the shop again, this time with pictures of the mismatched set. Two weeks later, the correct oil dispenser arrives. Citi asked if all is good. I could finally say yes and the credit was removed from my card.

All this to say that Citi stood by me the whole way until the merchant made things right. But I’ll probably never be able to show my face in Ravello again. I’m sure that I caused that merchant a lot of headaches.

When I first did online dispute credit was immediate, they didn't ask for documentation, David argued, they reversed, I sent documentation, credit again... We'll see...

Yes I started chargeback in March my checkin was May - with Chase - hotel was closed - BUT mine was Aulani and Hawaii was on a lockdown which I’m sure helped

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts