Davids DVC: Rental reimbursement or rescheduling?

Many thanks for all the helpful commentary in this thread! I just received notifications from Disney cancelling all of our dining reservations for a June 6-14 trip. Also today David's emailed me with the form voucher offer. Although I know DVC will not likely formally cancel our trip for another couple of weeks I went ahead and emailed David's indicating we would be seeking a refund. I am not responding to the voucher email at this time. Naturally I don't want to accept it, nor do I want to decline it...just in case. We intend to pursue a chargeback through Chase. Has anyone here started that process even before DVC formally cancelled the reservation?

It appears to me many renters think their only option is to accept a voucher, so I am extremely grateful for the information I've gleaned here on the boards.
I just got off the phone with Chase (1-888-489-8452 is the direct number for the Chase credit card disputes department) to file my three disputes (split stay, plus two rooms for a part of the stay so three separate reservations/credit card charges). They asked for just the basic information about my reservations but no formal documentation yet. Just FYI, if you have to dispute three or more charges with the same vendor, then the first two can be automatically completed over the phone but any beyond that have to be filed in paper, so it will take a couple of days before I get the paperwork to submit on my third dispute. Since I've opted out of paper mailing, the paperwork will come electronically, at least.

When I first did online dispute credit was immediate, they didn't ask for documentation, David argued, they reversed, I sent documentation, credit again... We'll see...

Our company asked for documentation right away. We are an earlier reservation but started the process later as we gave them multiple opportunities to make it right without involving the CC first.

Our company asked for documentation right away. We are an earlier reservation but started the process later as we gave them multiple opportunities to make it right without involving the CC first.

Our reservations were mid April split stay. We have similar round two going with bank of America corporate but they don't seem to do online so my husband will need to call them to check tomorrow.

I just got off the phone with Chase (1-888-489-8452 is the direct number for the Chase credit card disputes department) to file my three disputes (split stay, plus two rooms for a part of the stay so three separate reservations/credit card charges). They asked for just the basic information about my reservations but no formal documentation yet. Just FYI, if you have to dispute three or more charges with the same vendor, then the first two can be automatically completed over the phone but any beyond that have to be filed in paper, so it will take a couple of days before I get the paperwork to submit on my third dispute. Since I've opted out of paper mailing, the paperwork will come electronically, at least.

thanks, I was just about to look up that number.

I also had a split say - I paid the $119 deposit on each and then 2 days later paid the balance. Would that qualify as 4 transactions, or only 2?

thanks, I was just about to look up that number.

I also had a split say - I paid the $119 deposit on each and then 2 days later paid the balance. Would that qualify as 4 transactions, or only 2?
That's a great question and I should've clarified in my original post. Based on the customer service rep that I spoke with, they count the number of separate transactions on your credit card statement, so for me it was six (3 deposits plus 3 charges).

I saw that some renters have won a chargeback at least initially have anyone lost or been declined by their credit card company?

Okay, geniuses here, help~!

So, I contacted the person renting the points (through David's) and they rebooked my March reservation for May. That has now been cancelled. Can I still do a chargeback?

Also, I have a David's reservation in August-- will this CC Cb impact it? I won't be blackballed or anything, right?

Also-- has anyone tried a Paypal dispute?

How sure are we that David's is going under?

Last edited:

So, I contacted the person renting the points (through David's) and they rebooked my March reservation for May. That has now been cancelled. Can I still do a chargeback?

Also, I have a David's reservation in August-- will this CC Cb impact it? I won't be blackballed or anything, right?

Pay pal protection doesn’t cover time share renting.

How sure are we that David's is going under?

You can absolutely issue a charge back.

I doubt David's would retaliate against you for the August reservation since cancelling you would trigger another chargeback he couldn't win.

There is conjecture that David's will fail based upon the volume of chargebacks, the ponzi-like voucher program, and the depressed demand for new bookings. As a result, he may literally run out of money. Only David's knows for sure what his cash position is, so everything you read here is purely a guess.

My sister has a rented reservation July 9 through 16 at VGC. We are not hopeful about Disneyland being open, but that is still nearly 7 weeks away. Since she has never rented before, if her owner cancels (and the parks are open), will she be notified before we all hop on a plane down to CA? It would suck not to have a room!

My sister has a rented reservation July 9 through 16 at VGC. We are not hopeful about Disneyland being open, but that is still nearly 7 weeks away. Since she has never rented before, if her owner cancels (and the parks are open), will she be notified before we all hop on a plane down to CA? It would suck not to have a room!
Why would her owner cancel? The reservation is only likely to be cancelled if the hotel is closed and Disney cancel it. Otherwise the owner will be liable For all her holiday costs.

Why would her owner cancel? The reservation is only likely to be cancelled if the hotel is closed and Disney cancel it. Otherwise the owner will be liable For all her holiday costs.
I was reading where owners were cancelling and banking points and I got a little concerned. Just wondering how we would know if the owner cancelled. She booked through Davids.

I was reading where owners were cancelling and banking points and I got a little concerned. Just wondering how we would know if the owner cancelled. She booked through Davids.

The owners who have mentioned canceling are doing it now when we know resorts are closed.

If the owner did want to back out, ...think unlikely if resorts are open..they would most likely cancel at least 31 days out or the points are restricted.

I am not sure with VGC how to verify reservations.

The owners who have mentioned canceling are doing it now when we know resorts are closed.

If the owner did want to back out, ...think unlikely if resorts are open..they would most likely cancel at least 31 days out or the points are restricted.

I am not sure with VGC how to verify reservations.

Would you not be able to use the confirmation number to see it online at https://disneyland.disney.go.com/my-hotel-reservation/auth ? I can see both of my rented reservations at the WDW site.

I believe a week or two before the reservation beginning date.
Ok. Thanks. This was supposed to be a once in a lifetime trip. 7 nights at VGC. Pretty sure it won't happen but want to be prepared just in case. As a consolation, hubby and I have 8 nights at WDW in October. Hopefully that will happen. If not, I will get over it, but it will be a very disappointing year after what started out as my Year of Disney.

I'm admittedly still trying to wade through these posts, apologies if this has all been answered.

My family and I booked a rental through David's and received the voucher, which while I can appreciate David's feels that's the best/only fair way, we have concerns with it. I reached out to David's and didn't get very far, but a few points:

Pay pal protection doesn’t cover time share renting.
- We used PayPal, so is considering a dispute totally moot at this point and ergo it would be advised to take the voucher?
- If we take the voucher and David's goes under, there's probably no recourse and that money would just be lost?

Thanks in advance, there's been a lot of good info skimming here, and we're trying to understand the full risk and make the best decision.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter