Day 3: In which I think about never returning

Briarmom

Bessie Robindale<br><font color=b26b70>Larry's bee
June 1: Day 3...

We started the day with our first ever character dining experience at Goofy's Kitchen. I have to say that I was disappointed. The only char. there were Goofy, Max, The Mad Hatter, and Aladdin. Aladdin was the only one who stopped at our table. The food was A LOT, which would be nice for big eaters, I don't really like a ton of food all at once. I also was upset that I had a $5+ gratuity added to our ticket, since our server only stopped by twice. Not really a great start to the day ahead.
We stopped by the monorail station (ds loves the monorail) but they thought it may be broken down since they didn't know where it was. Hit rope drop again and rode Buzz, Star Tours and Astro Orbiters. On to Matterhorn, Peter Pan is already crazy busy so we did Teacups and then went in to ToonTown for a bit to do the coaster and Roger Rabbit.
Big Thunder is shut down (yee-haw, what a great day this was!) so we got a FP for Splash and rode Pooh. I decide now is the time to try Indiana Jones. We waited in line for about 15 minutes before ds figured out where we were. I don't know why he is scared of this ride, but he freaks out and we have to leave. I am ANGRY. I walk towards the exit of the park because I don't know what to do at this point. We look around the 50th anniversary exhibit, but ds wants to leave as they start to speak. The exhibit was cool, though! We got on the train and rode to New Orleans Square and then off to Splash for our FPs.
Went to DTD to shop and eat. Bought Halloween pieces at Department 56 and ate at Rainforest. Ds got a Lego car and we went back to the hotel to rest.
Later, as we are walking back to DCA, ds says his tummy hurts. We are almost there. Turn around, walk all the way back, by then he is fine, and we walk to DCA (not a good day, did I mention this?). First stop, Grizzley River, which breaks down while we are in line. We go get an ice cream and wait for the Block Party. This thing took forever!! It stayed 'stuck' where it was for like 20-30 minutes and all we could do is just look down the street at the first float! It was weird. Then it got in front of us and it was ok. Ds had fun. Sun was blasting our faces. At this point I will mention that as we were having our 'mom is p***ed, let's go to Main street' we saw Mickey! He had no real crowd around him yet, or maybe he was leaving, don't know, but when I reached into by bag, both my sunglasses and ds' pen were BROKEN!! Our first autograph-getting trip was a bust, only Aladdin!
Anyway, after the Block Party we go to DL with the entire population of DCA in hopes of seeing the fireworks. Do Big Thunder, Small World, and watch the parade. Did Snow White (the ride) and then went to see about a spot for the works. It was crazy. Not a spot to walk, much less sit. So we went to DTD and sat at Naples and watched while I had a beer and ds had a smoothie. Pizza took so long that we got it to go and got a small discount.
Back at the hotel, ds doesn't want pizza and eats cereal. I call the front desk to find out if we have early entry. Turns out they don't have that on their Military Hoppers. THANKS!!
Hope this posts, I have wanted to write better, longer reports, but the threat of the inability to post looms...

son's response to The Haunted Mansion. I can't figure out HOW the mansion could freak out a kid who is 9...he's seen the sing along videos and online photos..and saw the movie with no problem!!!

I was mad at him for reacting like he did...he was in tears! I finally just let him sit outside by himself. I was lucky that we did this first thing...there was nobody else in line, nobody else even in that part of the park!!!

Kids! Luckily, the rest of the day went well...and since Teiguen and I got to do the Mansion anyway, I was okay. My older son has always been like this...until last year I couldn't go to any 4th of July celebrations because he'd freak out at fireworks. I've gotten to the point where, when I can, I just leave him out!

Sorry it ended up being a tough day for you!

Yeah, and if you've read my last trip report, you'll see that when he went on Indy he LOVED it. Why oh why did it take him a whole extra day?

Had Teguin ever been on HM? I'm sure when he finally goes, he will feel silly that he was scared. The worst part of that ride is that we always got stuck in a pack of teenagers. I know OUR children will never be that annoying!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter