• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Day before marathon

DisneyMarathon

Mouseketeer
A friend and I will be running the full marathon. We also would like to visit a park on Saturday, January 7, the day before the marathon. We plan to take it leisurely. Which park will be ideal or low-key for the day before the marathon? MGM? Animal Kingdom?
Thanks for your suggestion.

I've always heard tha tMK is worst on teh weekends. I would put AK as the most low key, but I'm not an MGM expert. AK can usually be covered in about a half day for us, though.

MGM or AK would be a good choice I think. Pick whatever suits your fancy for the day and stroll away. Don't stress and enjoy everything.

I'd also say Animal Kingdom, there just doesn't seem to be as much walking - plus, because there's limited numbers of 'big attractions' with queues, you're also not standing around for as long. Our current plan is AK Thursday, MK Friday (as we have to go through it to get to Trails End) then half a day at Epcot Saturday cheering on the half and riding Test Track as many times as possible before it goes into rehab.

Thanks for the reminder about TT! Got to get on Soarin' while at Epcot too!

Depending on your condition...i.e. any possible setbacks that you experience pre-marathon. I actually advise against park touring. But if I had to choose a low key one--Animal Kingdom or MGM are the best bet. AK with early closing--you won't be tempted to stay out later than you should as well!

EPCOT will be busy with the half and 5K on Saturday and MK is just too busy in general.

If you can forgo the parks, I would do that though. I ended up getting sick last year--and b/c I spent all day on Saturday at EPCOT--I was extra fatigued by Sunday. Just my little personal experience tidbit ;).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter